2002 Toyota Sequoia

9.4

Based on 553 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Great SUV. Comfort and quality.

By on Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Cons: "mpg-14-22"

"A quiet and comfortable ride with no major repairs so far. Good all around ride with room for eight. Nice in the snow. Mine has lots of miles, still burns no oil. Replaced a few timing belts and did most of the maintenance, all oil changes. I think it would be a wise used car buy."

Like new after 10 years!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Space, visbility, quiet, smooth, comfy, reliable"

Cons: "Squeeky moonroof, mileage"

"The $37K we paid in Dec '02 was a stretch for us, but it's been such a great vehicle for our family of 5. We tow a Toyota Epic wake boat (6500lbs) to Havasu four or more times per year. 360 mi round trip, Indio grade, long stretches of desert two-lane, heat of summer...and never once had a problem. Engine power could be better, but we just drop to 2nd and wind her up the hill. It's a Toy, she likes to rev. Installed Firestone Ride-Rites for sag. Also installed DVD for the head rests. Mileage is poor around town, but with its manners, driver visibility and comfort, she's still a joy to drive. Toyota made good with the traction control system which had failed once prior to the recall but they refunded our prior copay. Only persistant dissapointment is the Moonroof which is wonderful, but has squeeked nearly the whole time - dealer couldn't fix. Last thing is that inspection of the engine bay reveales ZERO fluid leaks. The engine, tranny, bellhousing, etc. looks new after 127K and almost 10 years. Am gearing up to change the timing belts (late) and it will be a pleasure to work in a pristine engine bay. Just overhauled my 1995 Toyota pickup with 243K which we bought new. Still a great truck, and the engine was like new inside. We're complete believers in Toyota!"

Great SUV

By on Sunday, May 17, 2009

"We bought a 2007 SR5 4wd at season's end. Overall, we are very satisfied. Good visibility, comfortable seats, and very reliable. I like the exterior style better than new models--more land cruiser styling, however, the interior is a bit dated--with a casette player. Now with 20k miles, the engine feels like it is only now breaking in. Excellent vehicle in the snow and off road on our farm we never worry about getting stuck."

Love!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Cons: "NONE"

"Bought this car under a year old with 10k miles on it and have never had a problem. Routine oil changes, brakes, tires, and occasional tie rod ... and that is it. I installed an after market DVD system for my 5 kids and an IPOD player for me. Toyota recalled mine this summer and they spent a bunch of money rust proofing the undercarriage and spare tire plate. This SUV is nearly impossible for me to replace. I am starting to get the itch for a newer car with blue tooth and so on (and my family size has shrunk from 7 to 6 ish), but nothing out there has really grabbed my attention and demanded that I sell my Sequoia to get get something new. Acura MDX is about the only thing that has come close, and it is in a different category all together. In fact, I like my year Sequoia better than the current model. Looks like she and I will be together for a few more years!"

Love the comfort and reliability

By on Monday, September 19, 2011

Pros: "Roomy and comfortable"

Cons: "Uses a lot of gas"

"It has been a great SUV. Large and spacious. Uses a lot of gas, but that what you expect with a V8. Had no serious problems."

Worth the money

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Had a 1997 4Runner and upgraded to the Sequoia after the 3rd child. Holding all 4 kids comfortably traveling anywhere in any condition, especially snow and winter weather. Bought it with 40k miles and currently rolled 91k on the ODO. Do the maintainence and it will last for 250k easy. Performance and everyday driving is top notch. Watch out for trickly things like the brake fluid levels and VSC lights. There's a lot of "smarts" in the truck. Minor things can cause lots of warning lights - so read up on the details / forums. Next step is the Land Cruiser once the kids get older......."

The Best SUV!!

By on Monday, February 4, 2008

"This is the best full size SUV on the market. The resale value is very high and the reliability is remarkable. I have owned 2 4-runners in the past and needed to purchase a bigger vehicle to accomadate my growing family. After testing out many other full size SUV's on the market there was no comparason to the Saqouia. I own a 2006 with 24,000 miles and have not had to put a dime into this vehicle in the 2 years that I've owned it. Other than scheduled maintainance. What can I say it's a Toyota."

2004 Limited 4wheel drive

By on Sunday, November 11, 2007

"SUV was purchased in 2004 new with extended warranty. Has 36K miles. Low maintenance and cost. Recall 2007 for front ball joints. Had to report Toyota to NHSTB to get the ball joints done! Driven to tri- states from california. Seats 7 comfortably. Front leather driver seat replaced by toyota because of cracking. One tire wearing on Dunlop ATV20 tires recently based on recall issue of ball joints. Toyota refuses to replace tire! Only have used 4 wheel drive once when stuck in sand at camp site. Blew out fuse in cigaretee lighter and lost use of power mirrors but toyota covered it. Fuse was replaced. Drives smooth and like a tank. Nickname " the White Beast". Added FM satellite and excellent sound system from JBL speakers. Replaced front breaks at 28k. Emergency parkiing adjusted twice. Very good vehicle. Would recommend with extended warranty. No problems from DVD player"

Teriffic vehicle - good value for the money

By on Thursday, August 4, 2016

Pros: "lots of room, rides very well, versatile"

Cons: "fuel mileage (16), brake wear"

"Bought new, I have 225K miles on my 2001 Sequoia. Very little body rust, original engine & trans. I use synthetic oil and change the engine oil at 7K and trans fluid at 75K. The vehicle is very heavy and eats brakes. The only real trouble has been a leaking rear axle seal which I have had replaced 5 times. Steering effort is a little high which my wife complains about. All being said we love this vehicle. So much so in fact I bought another one, a used 2008 Sequoia with 90K miles. We like the newer one better as the steering effort is much lighter, almost "nimble". I still drive the 2001 daily and use it to pull the boat. At 16 years old it still drives like new."

Love this truck

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy, reliable, easy to drive"

Cons: "a bit low on the gas mileage"

"It is so roomy and rides wonderfully. I have had it 7 years, and it was three years old when I bought it. It has been a dream to maintain, nothing major-just the regular scheduled maintenance. I would definitely buy another if I still needed the room."