2001 Toyota Sequoia

9.4

Based on 536 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Awesome vehicle

By on Thursday, June 21, 2007

"I love this vehicle!!! I have been driving suburbans and tahoes for the past 5 years, and this vehicle tops them all. It is so comfortable, has lots of storage compartments, and it is just a very smooth ride. I don't think I will ever want to buy anything else!"

Great SUV. Comfort and quality.

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Cons: "mpg-14-22"

"A quiet and comfortable ride with no major repairs so far. Good all around ride with room for eight. Nice in the snow. Mine has lots of miles, still burns no oil. Replaced a few timing belts and did most of the maintenance, all oil changes. I think it would be a wise used car buy."

I've owned this car for 7 years- no issues

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliability and build quality"

Cons: "Gas mileage and blind spots when getting over"

"I have owned this Sequoia for seven years and I have never had to take it to the dealership for any mechanical issues. Of course, I've taken it of the routine preventive things. It still has all the original parts except the water pump and belts because I changed them every 100,000 miles. I will definitely buy another one soon, but I do not really like the design of the newest one."

I love my Sequoia!

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, roomy, comfortable"

Cons: "Blind spot, otherwise perfect!"

"We bought this car new in 2005. It has never let us down. It's been on multiple family vacations every year. A few of them driving 20 hours to our destination and 20 hours back. Its been to the mountains, the beach, etc. It has handled every trip without any complications. It has only been in the shop for basic maintenance and upkeep. The motor went out on the tailgate electric window 3x's, but it was under warranty. We haven't had an issue with that since Toyota had them put a newer model motor in the tailgate. It does have a blind spot in the left passenger rear area, so be careful when you back-up. I know three families with this car and all of us have backed into something...multiple times. They now put a rear sensor on the newer models. You can install one on this model. That's what we have done. We have two kids and four dogs. The dogs and kids have put their fair share of wear on this car, but it cleans easily. It is roomy and comfortable. We love traveling in this car. My family is itching to get a new car, but I can't part with my Sequoia yet. I know it still has some good years left in it. I don't like the bigger size of the new Sequoia's, so I'll probably switch to a 4Runner when the time comes. I will definitely stick with Toyota! It's the only car I've ever owned that has been totally dependable in every way."

Greatest SUV!

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "So reliable and well made"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage"

"This is the second Sequoia that I have owned. They are the best large SUV on the market! I just wish they had not changed the body style or I would buy another one. The only thing that needs to be improved is the gas mileage. It gets terrible gas mileage. On another note, though, it is such a reliable, well made vehicle that it is worth paying extra in gas charges."