1992 Toyota Regular Cab

Based on 496 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

Great Truck

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"I bought my Toyota 4x2 Xtra Cab PU new in 94 for under 14K and it's been a great vehicle. I recommend getting the Xtra Cab for the extra space in the cab to use to put either groceries, etc. or in a pinch, a person or two (2 being a bit tight). I also bought a bed liner right away & a matching shell. It gets decent gas mileage & has a fair amount of pep for a four banger. My truck has gone almost 204,000 miles to date and never left me stranded. It did develop a cracked head gasket at about 198,500 miles. I went ahead and had the whole top end redone, including resurfacing the cylinder head, replacing the timing chain, water pump & thermostat, etc. for about $1000 and it's running great. I expect it will keep on going for quite with continued simple maintenance, like regularly changing the oil. I have only a few complaints about this otherwise great truck: 1) Toyota can't make a decent seat belt. After a while the slack in the belt doesn't retrack (this was true in my 85 GTS Corolla, too). 2) The A/C starts malfunctioning after a while (same thing again in my GTS). 3) I was surprised the wipers don't have an intermittent speed. 4) There are no interior controls to adjust either side view mirrors. All in all I think Toyota builds a great small pickup truck."

Best truck ever

By on Monday, December 17, 2007

"I bought my 1992 Xtra Cab in 1998 with 138k miles. It had the four-cylinder and automatic. I drove it to 248k before my lovely daughter totaled it. Only significant repair needed was a valve job at 238k, otherwise just brakes, tires, batteries, and a radiator. Body was still in great shape. Take care of these trucks and they will run forever."

Awsome on/off road truck

By on Saturday, December 01, 2007

"I bought my 94 Toyota truck back in August of 2006 with 150000 miles on it, and its still kickin strong with 165000 on the 2.4 22-re. Reliability is outstanding with having no majore problems with the engine or drivetrain, just scheduled maintanence. This truck is the best truck money can buy. The 4WD can take you just about enywhere, and has great torque for pulling when dropped in 4WD-low range. The 4-cyl is pretty powerful and peppy FOR A 4-CYL (A race car it aint). All in all I highly recommend these trucks."

Great first truck

By on Sunday, October 21, 2007

"I am a young adult at 20 years old, and this was the first vehicle I purchased under my own name. I was so glad I choose this truck. I bought it from a guy who had used it for some recreational events like going to the sand dunes and the like. He did this alot and when I got it, it had 235,000 miles on it. He had switched it to a synthetic blend oil and as a result, this truck could easily make it to 300,000 miles seriously. As long as the owner takes excellent care of this vehicle, the Toyota is built to last. When I took over ownership, I was pleased with the towing capabilities, and the overall performance of the vehicle in whatever aspect I needed done. If I was hauling a ton of dirt in the bed, or even more in a trailer behind it, no worries. If I decided to take it mudding, handled like a dream with four wheel low on. This was an excelent choice for a starter vehicle and the price was very affordable. As I leave for the military, I will say I will miss this truck. I hope to continue to buy Toyota trucks for any of my working and recreational needs."

My best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"I bought my 1992 Toyoto pickup in 1992. It was used with about 16,000 miles on it. It is now 2007, and it has been extremely reliable. I had to replace the radiator in about 1995. I replaced the clutch about that same time, but I didn't have to replace the clutch. I thought it was going out, but it may have been my imagination. Sometimes, the speedometer doesn't work, so I'm not sure how many miles I have. Probably close to 200,000 or more."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals