1992 Toyota Regular Cab

Based on 493 Ratings for the 1989 - 1995 models.

Built for reliability

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

"Very plain, extremely practical, takes a certain person to want the most reliable vehicle made yet not as comfortable as it could be, but then again if it gave a better ride then it would be too heavy to still get just over 30 mpg. The biggest reason why I have owned one so long is because in florida both of my old toyota pickups have zero rust, along with knowing they are an outstanding little truck. In 94 the corolla and the pickups were just a few hundred apart and now the tacoma cost thousands more then the corolla. They messed around with the perfect little truck so now it cost a lot more and doesn't get close to the mileage to 94 and older do. In other countries they stayed with the old style but to make americans happy they started building them heavier and more comfortable and jacked the price and lowered the mpg's. They should stick with what works, but I gues the tacoma is rated high as well? My pic is of my 91 I don't have a pic of the 94 but same style"

Wonderful Truck!

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

"My grandfather gave me this truck when I got my license, and I have driven it for two years. I LOVE THIS TRUCK! Does wonderful off road, looks great for 20 years old, no rust, incredibly reliable, and always starts in the morning. It preforms perfectly and safely in snow and other slick surfaces. Fuel mileage is pretty good on the freeway. 21 MPG at highway speeds, but in local traffic and short trips gets around 16-18 mpg. Plenty of power to haul any loads you can put in it! This is a perfect first car for a teen, lots of fun and fairly safe. It does not have ABS or airbags however."

BEST TRUCK EVER

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"Love my truck after i got my lift kit on it. its unstoppable i can go anywhere i want even around my friends when they get stuck in the mud"

This truck rocks!!!!

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"I have owned this truck for 15 years. It's been in the air, on surf trips, coast-to-coast several times and towed numerous boats. I have kept up on its maintainence and never been left stranded. If the US made trucks that lasted this long Toyota would not be #1 in sales this year. My little brother constantly reminds me he wants to be the owner for the next 250K miles."

Great Truck

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"I bought my Toyota 4x2 Xtra Cab PU new in 94 for under 14K and it's been a great vehicle. I recommend getting the Xtra Cab for the extra space in the cab to use to put either groceries, etc. or in a pinch, a person or two (2 being a bit tight). I also bought a bed liner right away & a matching shell. It gets decent gas mileage & has a fair amount of pep for a four banger. My truck has gone almost 204,000 miles to date and never left me stranded. It did develop a cracked head gasket at about 198,500 miles. I went ahead and had the whole top end redone, including resurfacing the cylinder head, replacing the timing chain, water pump & thermostat, etc. for about $1000 and it's running great. I expect it will keep on going for quite with continued simple maintenance, like regularly changing the oil. I have only a few complaints about this otherwise great truck: 1) Toyota can't make a decent seat belt. After a while the slack in the belt doesn't retrack (this was true in my 85 GTS Corolla, too). 2) The A/C starts malfunctioning after a while (same thing again in my GTS). 3) I was surprised the wipers don't have an intermittent speed. 4) There are no interior controls to adjust either side view mirrors. All in all I think Toyota builds a great small pickup truck."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals