2016 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,587 - $34,128.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 09/29/2016

10/9.1

8.2

Based on 125 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

2016 Hybrid XLE

By on Monday, January 25, 2016

Pros: "It is a Toyota & Hybrid"

2016 Toyota Hybrid

"We got this rig cause 1.it is a Toyota and 2.the mpg and have no regrets about it. This is for the XLE Hybrid: In the few short weeks of owning this rig it is everything and more. I am averaging 34.5 MPG's that is a combo of hwy and city. We got it with the convenience and tech package and so glad we did worth the money to add that. It is so quite both in the hwy and city. It has the 7in display but, a heads up about the display, it will wash out badly when the sun is coming in from the back window. The display is so much more quicker and better responsive then say even the 2014's Rav4. Also the 7in display only comes with the tech package other wise it is a 6in display. The navigation is pretty good but is no Garmin but works well over all. The steering control's for the display unit and the display for the driver works pretty good and is very responsive. The drivers display shows things like your music, your MPG's and ect. The drives display is bright and clear. The steering control's also control your cruise, voice command, trip metier, and more and are all very responsive as well. On the XLE not power seats or heated seats but no big deal for me. It has double climate control with real button. Power lift gate comes with both the XLE and limited along with push button start and a smart key fob. Foot Note: This rig is mainly a front wheel drive. The only time the AWD kick's in is when you need a little more power or you are sliding around it is what they call AWD-i. Also, if you are going to by this rig spend the extra money and the the tech and convenience package. Well worth the money. It will add the following: dynamic cruise control, lane asst, a 7in display, auto high beam, auto lights, turn by turn directions in the drives display, and a better back up camera. So if you are looking for an compact suv but tired of spending all the money on gas you really need to put this on on your short list. Would I buy this rig again I would."

2016 Toyota Hybrid

4 Months on the road...still love it!

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "Sharp Looks, Handling, Seat Comfort, Very Roomy"

Cons: "Check your tires air pressure"

"Purchased my 2013 Rav4 Limited with BSM, and I couldn't be happier. I also looked at the CX5, Rogue, and the Forester. The Rav looked the sharpest standing still as well as inside the car. I really don't miss my old 6 cyclinder Rav. Pickup is sufficient, better when it's in Sport Mode. Mileage is good, not great, but then again it's the same with the other mini suv's I looked at. Noticed some reviewers said their ride was harsh. My advice is to check your air pressure in each tire. When delivered I noticed how harsh my ride was. Found out each tire was over inflated 45-50 psi. Once I took each tire down to 32 psi, ride became much smoother even on the 18" Limited tires. Other than that am glad I bought the Rav with no regrets. Had my last Rav for 6 years with no issues at all, so reliability is important to me."

Most reliable crossover on the market

By on Saturday, August 13, 2016

Pros: "reliability, performance, resale value"

Cons: "gas mileage could be better"

"The 2015 Toyota Rav4 is hands down the best value & most reliable crossover on the market. I owned a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (w/ 28k miles) prior to purchasing my Rav, and the Toyota has blown Jeep OUT OF THE WATER in terms of reliability. Sure, the Jeep is fancy & fun to drive (when it's working), but all the features & styling in the world don't mean a thing if the vehicle is constantly at the dealership for repairs. In contrast, my Rav4 has needed absolutely nothing since the day I bought it. The quality in the cabin leaves a bit to be desired, but Toyota did not cut ANY corners where it really matters with this vehicle. I've driven it on short trips, long trips, my daily commute, and every kind of terrain imaginable (mountains, desert, backcountry--everything). It performs every single time, without fail. The AWD is impressive and easily rivals the 4wd on my Jeep GC. When you start up the Rav, you know you're going to get to your destination without any issues. It may not be the fanciest SUV around (although the styling has improved immensely), but you can ALWAYS count on the Rav4 to get you wherever you need to go. At the end of the day, that's what is truly important to me. Reliability, versatility, good resale value--what else could you want from a vehicle?"

Better than expected

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfortable inter., sport & eco modes"

Cons: "Limited passenger storage."

"The family was looking to down size vehicles and also improve gas mileage. So we looked in the small SUV category at all options- Honda CRV, Ford Escape, Mazda 5, Chevy Equinox, etc. Although all have them had certain features we liked and it was a tough decision, the new RAV4 overall was the best quality, options and new style that fit for us. The value for the options we were looking for led us to the XLE model. We have had the vehicle now for more than a month and it has been even better than expected. The ride and comfort are very good for a small vehicle. There is plenty of leg room even when there are four or five people. Back seats recline which makes the difference so you get a feeling of more space. Gas mileage has been great coming from a large SUV. Overall it has been a very good vehicle."

One Sweet SUV!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, and tons of amenities."

Cons: "Wimpy Horn (only negative I could think of)"

"I'm one of those people that need to research everything to the nth degree before I purchase. I researched and test drove many small SUV's....... For the price, features, ride quality, performance, and overall bang for the buck you can't beat the newly designed 2013 RAV4. I honestly could not be happier with my purchase and absolutely enjoy driving this vehicle. The XLE trim level has the most bang for the buck with many standard features you'd have to either pay more for or purchase the top trim level to get it in other SUV's. Completely happy with purchase.....you can't go wrong with the 2013 RAV4!"