2014 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,160 - $29,081.

10/6.9

8.3

Based on 89 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

4 Months on the road...still love it!

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "Sharp Looks, Handling, Seat Comfort, Very Roomy"

Cons: "Check your tires air pressure"

"Purchased my 2013 Rav4 Limited with BSM, and I couldn't be happier. I also looked at the CX5, Rogue, and the Forester. The Rav looked the sharpest standing still as well as inside the car. I really don't miss my old 6 cyclinder Rav. Pickup is sufficient, better when it's in Sport Mode. Mileage is good, not great, but then again it's the same with the other mini suv's I looked at. Noticed some reviewers said their ride was harsh. My advice is to check your air pressure in each tire. When delivered I noticed how harsh my ride was. Found out each tire was over inflated 45-50 psi. Once I took each tire down to 32 psi, ride became much smoother even on the 18" Limited tires. Other than that am glad I bought the Rav with no regrets. Had my last Rav for 6 years with no issues at all, so reliability is important to me."

Better than expected

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfortable inter., sport & eco modes"

Cons: "Limited passenger storage."

"The family was looking to down size vehicles and also improve gas mileage. So we looked in the small SUV category at all options- Honda CRV, Ford Escape, Mazda 5, Chevy Equinox, etc. Although all have them had certain features we liked and it was a tough decision, the new RAV4 overall was the best quality, options and new style that fit for us. The value for the options we were looking for led us to the XLE model. We have had the vehicle now for more than a month and it has been even better than expected. The ride and comfort are very good for a small vehicle. There is plenty of leg room even when there are four or five people. Back seats recline which makes the difference so you get a feeling of more space. Gas mileage has been great coming from a large SUV. Overall it has been a very good vehicle."

The best SUV I have ever owned

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Fair Price, great options and fun to drive."

Cons: "Would prefer real leather to the syn leather."

"I purchased the Limited with the BSM (blind spot monitor). This vehicle has all of the options that you would expect on a more expensive vehicle. Handling is very good and the 2.5 liter engine has plenty of pep. Good room in the rear. The power liftgate is great."

Love it!

By on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, good price for options,"

Cons: "Some road noise"

"I've had my 2013 RAV4 XLE for about a month and so far, I absolutely love it. MPG is great-- I've taken it on a trip and averaged 31 highway MPG at 70-75mph (Texas speed limits). I like the Eco Mode/Sport option- I switch pretty regularly between them as I'm merging on the highway or driving through town. I've taken a lot of people in the car and everyone seems to have room whether they are in the passenger seat or back seat. There is a little more road noise than the Mazda CX-5, but I selected the RAV4 for price (I got it cheaper than the Mazda CX-5 Touring), comfort, and proven reliability/reputation."

Great small SUV with plenty of room

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Ipod, bluetooth audio, smooth ride"

Cons: "No automatic headlight feature."

"I read several reviews on the 2013 Rav4 and checked out many other SUV's from this class. We previously owned a 2007 BMW 328xi, but with a new child it was becoming difficult to get my daughter in and out of the vehicle. Not to mention my wife had to move her seat completely forward to get the car seat to fit correctly. Now for the actual review. I was initally impressed with the new design of the exterior. I never liked the previous RAV4's because they did not up to date to me and the tire on the back was outdated. The new exterior caught my eye along with the Shoreline Blue color of the vehicle I have. This vehicle has plently of get up and go for a 4 cyl/AWD. The interior is also roomier that I expected. With the driver seat all the way back, I could still sit behind myself without an issue, and I am 6'3". My daughter's car seat fits great behind the front passenger seat even facing to the rear. The front seat needed no adjustment. I found this vehicle to be well priced as well. I have the XLE. The backup camera is fantastic as well as the IPod intergration and bluetooth audio. This RAV4 rides very smooth with a little bit more road noise than I wanted from the Michelin tires it came with. Even with an all-wheel drive, I have still managed to get 33 MPG on the highway in ECO mode. Overall, we are very please with the purchase. I have a 2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited which I absolutely love. This is a great addition to my family."