2014 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,479 - $23,066.

10/6.9

8.3

Based on 64 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Nice SUV, Very underpowered.

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Great Styling, lots of room."

Cons: "4 cylinder engine is a deal breaker."

"I have the 2011 6 cylinder awd version of the Rav 4. I love it. I was VERY disappointed to see that the 6 cylinder engine is no longer available. A big mistake by Toyota."

6 CYL Choice is gone

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Perfect size for a small family"

Cons: "Under powered and not as much fun to drive."

"I am a RAV owner and got my first RAV in 2006 when the 6CYL became a choice. Now I can not find a new RAV with a 6CYL and only can find a 4CYL with 1500 lb towing limit instead of the 3500. The Highlander is too big and will not purchase a 4CYL RAV."

Disappointed

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "fuel economy, good looks, safety"

Cons: "squeaks, tire pressure monitor system, rough ride"

"I have owned this 2013 RAV4 for 9 months. The dashboard creaks at highway speeds and is really annoying. The tire pressure monitoring system has no interface to the center unit and has no reset. The owner's manual talks of a reset under the dash next to the steering column, but it doesn't exist. The manual also talks about pushing the "CAR" button on the center unit to get tire pressures, but that doesn't exist, either. I called Toyota about these deficiencies, and they said the tire pressure monitor that was reflected in my owner's manual was the kind they had in the 2012 model. They discontinued it with the 2012 model because it did not work right. The least they could have done was to remove it from the owner's manual. This limited edition rides rather rough due to the 18" wheels. I have owned a 2005 RAV4 since it was new, it now has over 145,000 miles on it, and I never had any difficulties like this on the 05 RAV4. I would like to give this one back to Toyota. It looks great with the pearl white paint and grey interior, but the overall driving experience is not what I expected from Toyota. The navigation system is impossible to see in the daylight due to the glare, and really difficult to understand it when you first get the vehicle. I finally figured it out after about 8 months of fiddling with it. Overall, this car is totally functional, but a great disappointment to a long time Toyota Rav4 owner."

Great Crossover

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "reliabile, economical, safe, great value."

"The new RAV4 Limited with all wheel drive is a superior value and great all around vehicle. I have recently owned Audi and BMW products, Jeeps and numerous four wheel drive vehicles and NONE of them perform as well as the AWD in the RAV4. In the worst snow and ice conditions in Idaho in 20 years this car was a dream to drive. Beyond driving in bad conditions the RAV4 is an enjoyable all around vehicle. The ride is a little stiff and road noise is average - the JBL premium sound system is superior and the safety and comfort features are abundant. Best of all, value. Depreciation is minimal on this car with reliability, economy and safety ranked at the top. Definitely recommend!"

Drives like a dream

By on Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Pros: "Has all that we need and then some"

Cons: "NAV glare, dash fixtures such as light are on."

"We have had the RAV 13, for 2 weeks, with no issues what so ever, TOYOTA quality is top notch no issues, if there was one TOYOTA would take car of it, hassle free. And yes the rid is a little rough, my 2012 CR-V does have a smoother ride, but the tires are 18inch, Some of the functions as with the older yrs are not present such as auto healights, have to make the adjustment, no indicator stating the lights are on, dash has no light for instrument panel. But overall vehicle is great. TOYOTA should not minus but keep what ther have on safety fixtures. The NAV is hard to see during the daylight, this could be fixed but it would be at the factory when they design, too late for the 13-14 yrs."