2014 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,386 - $23,119.

10/6.9

8.3

Based on 89 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Perfect for my needs

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Great Price and Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Adjustable Lift Door should be Standard Equipment"

"I am retired disabled veteran and I have a hard time getting in and out of vehicles - but not with this vehicle. I also have issues with backing up, yet this vehicle offers a good size back up camera that helps out with that. NOW - I love driving this vehicle - the mileage is great! It has a comfortable , smooth ride. There's plenty of room for the back seat riders. It comes with a 2 year/25K mile maintenance. We looked at other similar models, (GM and Honda) and are glad we purchased this one. You won't be disappointed (at least we're not)."

Highlander to Rav and no regrets

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Push button start, interior layout"

Cons: "No XM on Limited w/o Nav upgrade (unreal)"

"I have only had this car for three months and just 3,000 miles, but I traded in a 2012 Highlander SE AWD for the 2013 Rav4 Limited AWD. No. 1 reason was gas mileage and they basically traded the same amount. Good little car. Definitely lacks the power but I didn't buy it for power, bought it for better gas mileage, Highlander was a bit of a guzzler. A lot of my driving is highway or at least 60/40, and I so far so good with the Rav4. Averaging around 23-24, but it has also been bitter cold (not above 0 for weeks at a time), and that keeps me closer to 22-23. High tank was 26. My biggest complaint is that I declined the Nav-speaker package and by doing so, without knowing so (my salesperson was misinformed) killed my ability to get XM through the touchsceen. Car does NOT come with it unless you drop the whatever over a grand for the nav and speakers which I wasn't interested in. Not sure what Toyota was thinking -- my bare bones Saturn Vue from 2008 had XM. Otherwise, features are great. Push button start and access to the car is hugely helpful, power lift gate is great, just like the Highlander, bluetooth works just fine. Two complaints, like I said, so far is the power, which I KNEW, and the XM, which I did NOT. But no regrets. Has handled just fine in the snow as well. We also own a loaded 2012 CRV, and I love Honda. Rav4 is quieter for sure, CRV appears bigger from inside but specs says it isn't so. Can't really go wrong with either of them, but I like the Toyota dash better and has a few more features (push start, power lift gate) CRV doesn't yet have."

Lifelong Honda Guy Converts to Toyota!

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Fit and Finish, Styling, Power"

Cons: "Heavy Steering, Audio for USB media clunky"

"I have owned the 2007 CR-V and every iteration of Civic/Accord/Pilot/Fit/Integra Honda-Acura since the 90s. I'm a through and through Honda guy. We naturally wanted the new 2013 CR-V to replace our Acura RDX which was a gas monster but Honda has really cheapened this car. Honda has really lost its way. Things about this RAV-4 that stand out: 1- Great interior room...bigger than the CR-V 2- Great interior fit...even the XLE comes with a rear view camera, strong A/C climate control and nicely stiched dash cover. Honda needs to take a lesson here on how not to make a car look cheap 3- Great looks...very aggressive and classy compared to the doughboy round look of older RAV-4s 4- Great engine pickup...for a 4 cylinder this is very nice and the fly by wire throtle response is good 5- Not so good...heavy steering...not sure why this is but parking lot turning is heavy 6- Audio seems a little touchy with USB memory keys and the song name (MP3 track info field) doesn't display (only shows the file name which is too long and gest truncated) 7- "J" car...this car is bolted in Japan which usually means very high quality and care in fit and finish Finance Note - Toyota Finance does not include gap insurance on leases and you need to pay an extra $15+ for it per month...Honda Finance has included this for free for a long time and it is very important to get this."

Great Crossover

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "reliabile, economical, safe, great value."

"The new RAV4 Limited with all wheel drive is a superior value and great all around vehicle. I have recently owned Audi and BMW products, Jeeps and numerous four wheel drive vehicles and NONE of them perform as well as the AWD in the RAV4. In the worst snow and ice conditions in Idaho in 20 years this car was a dream to drive. Beyond driving in bad conditions the RAV4 is an enjoyable all around vehicle. The ride is a little stiff and road noise is average - the JBL premium sound system is superior and the safety and comfort features are abundant. Best of all, value. Depreciation is minimal on this car with reliability, economy and safety ranked at the top. Definitely recommend!"

So Far So Good

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Great value, good MPG, ample cargo space"

Cons: "Backseat a wee bit tight for my long-legged son"

"I had a 1998 Rav4 which I loved. We also have a 2004 Sequoia 230k+ miles on it and still going strong. Of all the brands we've owned, can't beat Toyota quality and reliability. The 2013 Rav4 XLE is comfortable, quiet and even in my urban errand-running mode, gets good gas mileage. Can't say I miss the side-swinging back door, but getting rid of the rear-mounted tire was a huge plus. My last Rav was totaled by a relatively minor rear-end collision. Frame bent by that tire taking the hit. :( This is a great car for those who like simplicity and appreciate that complexity means more things to go wrong. The upgrades give you a few new bells and whistles without computerizing unnecessarily. So far so good.... 300,000 miles to go!!"