2014 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,767 - $23,274.

10/6.9

8.2

Based on 59 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Uncomfortable and Inconvienent

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Reason: uncomfortable

Pros: "turning radius"

Cons: "noisy, uncomfortable, limited storage"

"First off, I have been a loyal Toyota driver for almost 15 years. I Still drive a '96 Tacoma and traded in my 2004 4runner to purchase the 2014 Rav4. I've heard great things about the older Rav4 but I have no experience driving them. This review is for the 2014 Rav4 XLE. My wife and I bought the 2014 Rav4 to get better gas mileage than our 2004 4runner. The initial driving experience was pleasurable. However, after putting 5,000 miles on it we realized it was a bad decision. The 2014 Rav4 has contoured bucket front seats. The extreme contour was pushing my shoulders forward and pushing into my arm/back. After 15-20 min of driving, my right arm and hand began falling asleep. I did not notice this during the test drive and my wife drove the Rav4 the majority of the time. I am not a big guy by any stretch of the imagination (5'6", 150), so for the seat to be that uncomfortable was unacceptable. We called the dealer to see what our options were and they recommended sitting on a pillow (not very professional, but that's another review). The 2014 Rav4 driving experience was not very pleasant. The road/tire noise is almost deafening, literally. I used a decibel app on my phone and standard highway driving was 87 decibels (hearing damage occurs with prolonged exposure to 90 decibels). As a comparison, the same drive resulted in 77 decibels in a 2014 Highlander and 80 decibels in 2014 Honda CRV). The Rav4 sounds like you're driving on a loose gravel road, very annoying. The lack of storage in the 2014 Rav4 is inexcusable. The center console compartment is tiny, the center console cup holders are inconvenient and only worth holding a phone as tall cups can't fit. There is no sunglasses compartment. The interior is cheap in quality, design, and function. Even though I bought the vehicle brand new, I took a huge hit and traded it in after 3 months/5,000 miles because it was the most uncomfortable car I've ever driven. We ended up buying a 2014 Honda CRV and are much happier."

Unexceptional SUV in virtually every aspect!

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "A Toyota"

Cons: "Interior design of cockpit and instrumentation"

"Actually my wife's car, bought primarily because Toyota offers "SmartKey" and none of the other SUVs in this class did. Nevertheless, the ride is stiff, drivers area feels cramped, and noisy engine. My primary complaint is the poor interior design of instrumentation and storage. This crazy layout has virtually no visibility of the dashboard readings, hard-to-find buttons and a navigation screen that is unreadable in the daytime. Surprisingly it is accurate 95% of the time. An OK car but not one I would buy for myself."

Barely average

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "Lots of cargo space"

Cons: "Mediocre safety / crash test ratings, stiff ride"

"I have owned the RAV for about one year. I bought it based on previous experience with Toyota vehicles and a good trade-in offer I got from my dealer for my previous car - my net-out-of-pocket on the RAV was ~$2-3k less than other comparable CUVs. After one year of ownership the best I can rate this car is "average". The only real positive is the amount of cargo and passenger space. In every other area the car falls short, especially comparing to competition. It's noisy, has a very stiff and uncomfortable suspension, safety ratings are mediocre (below key competitors), transmission behavior is strange and disconcerting, mileage is OK but not outstanding. Bottom line - just average, and easily outclassed by other vehicles in the same category."

2013RAV4 is an ideal vehicle for anyone.

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Handles like a dream, gas mileage is good."

Cons: "For personal reasons I have to sell this car."

"Durable, it has the compatibility for many people. Now that the extra wheel is not on the back of the vehicle it has a remarkably ease for parallel parking."

Best Car I've Ever Owned

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "Rear seats fold flat; makes a great pickup truck!"

Cons: "I bought the black interior. Shows all dust."

"I've owned my 2013 RAV4 for 14 months now, and there has not been a single flaw or minor problem. First time that's ever happened to me with a new car, and I've bought half-a-dozen over 40 years of driving."