2014 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $48,136 - $49,613.

10/6.9

8.3

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Lifelong Honda Guy Converts to Toyota!

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Fit and Finish, Styling, Power"

Cons: "Heavy Steering, Audio for USB media clunky"

"I have owned the 2007 CR-V and every iteration of Civic/Accord/Pilot/Fit/Integra Honda-Acura since the 90s. I'm a through and through Honda guy. We naturally wanted the new 2013 CR-V to replace our Acura RDX which was a gas monster but Honda has really cheapened this car. Honda has really lost its way. Things about this RAV-4 that stand out: 1- Great interior room...bigger than the CR-V 2- Great interior fit...even the XLE comes with a rear view camera, strong A/C climate control and nicely stiched dash cover. Honda needs to take a lesson here on how not to make a car look cheap 3- Great looks...very aggressive and classy compared to the doughboy round look of older RAV-4s 4- Great engine pickup...for a 4 cylinder this is very nice and the fly by wire throtle response is good 5- Not so good...heavy steering...not sure why this is but parking lot turning is heavy 6- Audio seems a little touchy with USB memory keys and the song name (MP3 track info field) doesn't display (only shows the file name which is too long and gest truncated) 7- "J" car...this car is bolted in Japan which usually means very high quality and care in fit and finish Finance Note - Toyota Finance does not include gap insurance on leases and you need to pay an extra $15+ for it per month...Honda Finance has included this for free for a long time and it is very important to get this."

Best crossover ever

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "grear price, fun to drive, great fuel efficiency"

Cons: "many features on the XLE are operated manually"

"My family was looking for a compact crossover, and we were choosing between this Rav4 and CR-V. Finally, we bought the Rav4 XLE AWD. I really like this vehicle because it also has the navigation system. Driving the Rav4 is really enjoyable."

Perfect blend of features

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "Great in snow, fun to drive, lots of space"

Cons: "rear cargo power outlet, glare on radio screen"

Snow Day!

"I've owned my 2013 Rav4 XLE AWD for 2 months now and have absolutely no complaints. The Rav4 handles great in the snow & slush on the stock Michelin tires. There is plenty of power from the 2.5L 4cyl engine to merge onto the interstate and easily cruises along at 80 mph-I really don't need to go any faster. I suggest using Sport mode for city driving or in stop & go highway congestion. The interior is quiet, ride is firm and I haven't any of the creaks or rattles others have complained about-those may be unique to that owners vehicle. The controls on steering wheel for the radio & BT phone interface are well placed & easy to use. I test drove several other CUVs prior to purchasing- and decided on the Rav4 due to comfort of the seat (I drive a lot), exterior styling, cargo space and fuel economy (avg 27.9 on trip computer). Could use a cargo area power outlet."

Snow Day!

The best SUV I have ever owned

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Fair Price, great options and fun to drive."

Cons: "Would prefer real leather to the syn leather."

"I purchased the Limited with the BSM (blind spot monitor). This vehicle has all of the options that you would expect on a more expensive vehicle. Handling is very good and the 2.5 liter engine has plenty of pep. Good room in the rear. The power liftgate is great."

Great SUV

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"I have had the 2013 toyota rav4 for 3 months and like how is handles overall. It handled great in the snow (one foot) going up a steep hill. Also great MPGs I get around 24 MPGs on average driving both city and highway."