2014 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $48,067 - $49,590.

10/6.9

8.3

Based on 83 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

The 2013 Rav4 XLE is an excellent overall value.

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

"I had a mini van and really didn't like the image. The kids are in high school now, so having a back seat with good head room was important. Also important was a big space in back for groceries, easy to park, easy to back up, easy to get in and out of, good gas mileage, easy to drive overall and affordable (no higher than the mid $20,000 range). The RAV4 does all those things very well. I only considered Toyota, Honda and Mazda models because of ther reputations for quality. NOTHING wears off that new car feeling quicker than when there are problems with it. I looked at the Mazda CX5 and thought the car was excellent except the power was not real good for getting on to the freeway and I felt I was sitting kind of low or closed in inside. The CRV is a great car, but nothing really stood out for a wow factor, seeming kind of plain compared to the RAV4. I'm completely happy with my RAV4. Very satisfied. The only things I would caution about are the options that really hike up the price quickly and aren't all that necessary; and secondly, the pressure at the dealer when you're forced to sit there, listening to an extended sales pitch for all the over priced stuff they want to sell, like an alarm, interior protection, paint protection, pre-paid warranty service and on and on. Be wary of the delears out there and choose wisely. The final thing that pushed me over the edge to choose Toyota was the Service Department: how well they treat you for the service, offering free rides home or to work and being open all day on Saturday's. These things are important to me, because I will be paying on my car for the next 48 months."

Love it!

By on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, good price for options,"

Cons: "Some road noise"

"I've had my 2013 RAV4 XLE for about a month and so far, I absolutely love it. MPG is great-- I've taken it on a trip and averaged 31 highway MPG at 70-75mph (Texas speed limits). I like the Eco Mode/Sport option- I switch pretty regularly between them as I'm merging on the highway or driving through town. I've taken a lot of people in the car and everyone seems to have room whether they are in the passenger seat or back seat. There is a little more road noise than the Mazda CX-5, but I selected the RAV4 for price (I got it cheaper than the Mazda CX-5 Touring), comfort, and proven reliability/reputation."

4 Months on the road...still love it!

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "Sharp Looks, Handling, Seat Comfort, Very Roomy"

Cons: "Check your tires air pressure"

"Purchased my 2013 Rav4 Limited with BSM, and I couldn't be happier. I also looked at the CX5, Rogue, and the Forester. The Rav looked the sharpest standing still as well as inside the car. I really don't miss my old 6 cyclinder Rav. Pickup is sufficient, better when it's in Sport Mode. Mileage is good, not great, but then again it's the same with the other mini suv's I looked at. Noticed some reviewers said their ride was harsh. My advice is to check your air pressure in each tire. When delivered I noticed how harsh my ride was. Found out each tire was over inflated 45-50 psi. Once I took each tire down to 32 psi, ride became much smoother even on the 18" Limited tires. Other than that am glad I bought the Rav with no regrets. Had my last Rav for 6 years with no issues at all, so reliability is important to me."

Less than expected

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "Navigation display screen"

"I have been a loyal Toyota owner for about 15 years. I like the new styling but sure miss the power of the V-6 engine, the car seems underpowered. The biggest disappointment is the Entune/Navigation display. During daylight hours the screen is very difficult to see due to glare."

Better than expected

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfortable inter., sport & eco modes"

Cons: "Limited passenger storage."

"The family was looking to down size vehicles and also improve gas mileage. So we looked in the small SUV category at all options- Honda CRV, Ford Escape, Mazda 5, Chevy Equinox, etc. Although all have them had certain features we liked and it was a tough decision, the new RAV4 overall was the best quality, options and new style that fit for us. The value for the options we were looking for led us to the XLE model. We have had the vehicle now for more than a month and it has been even better than expected. The ride and comfort are very good for a small vehicle. There is plenty of leg room even when there are four or five people. Back seats recline which makes the difference so you get a feeling of more space. Gas mileage has been great coming from a large SUV. Overall it has been a very good vehicle."