2014 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $47,967 - $49,478.

10/6.9

8.3

Based on 88 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

4 Months on the road...still love it!

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "Sharp Looks, Handling, Seat Comfort, Very Roomy"

Cons: "Check your tires air pressure"

"Purchased my 2013 Rav4 Limited with BSM, and I couldn't be happier. I also looked at the CX5, Rogue, and the Forester. The Rav looked the sharpest standing still as well as inside the car. I really don't miss my old 6 cyclinder Rav. Pickup is sufficient, better when it's in Sport Mode. Mileage is good, not great, but then again it's the same with the other mini suv's I looked at. Noticed some reviewers said their ride was harsh. My advice is to check your air pressure in each tire. When delivered I noticed how harsh my ride was. Found out each tire was over inflated 45-50 psi. Once I took each tire down to 32 psi, ride became much smoother even on the 18" Limited tires. Other than that am glad I bought the Rav with no regrets. Had my last Rav for 6 years with no issues at all, so reliability is important to me."

Better than expected

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfortable inter., sport & eco modes"

Cons: "Limited passenger storage."

"The family was looking to down size vehicles and also improve gas mileage. So we looked in the small SUV category at all options- Honda CRV, Ford Escape, Mazda 5, Chevy Equinox, etc. Although all have them had certain features we liked and it was a tough decision, the new RAV4 overall was the best quality, options and new style that fit for us. The value for the options we were looking for led us to the XLE model. We have had the vehicle now for more than a month and it has been even better than expected. The ride and comfort are very good for a small vehicle. There is plenty of leg room even when there are four or five people. Back seats recline which makes the difference so you get a feeling of more space. Gas mileage has been great coming from a large SUV. Overall it has been a very good vehicle."

Love it!

By on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, good price for options,"

Cons: "Some road noise"

"I've had my 2013 RAV4 XLE for about a month and so far, I absolutely love it. MPG is great-- I've taken it on a trip and averaged 31 highway MPG at 70-75mph (Texas speed limits). I like the Eco Mode/Sport option- I switch pretty regularly between them as I'm merging on the highway or driving through town. I've taken a lot of people in the car and everyone seems to have room whether they are in the passenger seat or back seat. There is a little more road noise than the Mazda CX-5, but I selected the RAV4 for price (I got it cheaper than the Mazda CX-5 Touring), comfort, and proven reliability/reputation."

Lifelong Honda Guy Converts to Toyota!

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Fit and Finish, Styling, Power"

Cons: "Heavy Steering, Audio for USB media clunky"

"I have owned the 2007 CR-V and every iteration of Civic/Accord/Pilot/Fit/Integra Honda-Acura since the 90s. I'm a through and through Honda guy. We naturally wanted the new 2013 CR-V to replace our Acura RDX which was a gas monster but Honda has really cheapened this car. Honda has really lost its way. Things about this RAV-4 that stand out: 1- Great interior room...bigger than the CR-V 2- Great interior fit...even the XLE comes with a rear view camera, strong A/C climate control and nicely stiched dash cover. Honda needs to take a lesson here on how not to make a car look cheap 3- Great looks...very aggressive and classy compared to the doughboy round look of older RAV-4s 4- Great engine pickup...for a 4 cylinder this is very nice and the fly by wire throtle response is good 5- Not so good...heavy steering...not sure why this is but parking lot turning is heavy 6- Audio seems a little touchy with USB memory keys and the song name (MP3 track info field) doesn't display (only shows the file name which is too long and gest truncated) 7- "J" car...this car is bolted in Japan which usually means very high quality and care in fit and finish Finance Note - Toyota Finance does not include gap insurance on leases and you need to pay an extra $15+ for it per month...Honda Finance has included this for free for a long time and it is very important to get this."

Best crossover ever

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "grear price, fun to drive, great fuel efficiency"

Cons: "many features on the XLE are operated manually"

"My family was looking for a compact crossover, and we were choosing between this Rav4 and CR-V. Finally, we bought the Rav4 XLE AWD. I really like this vehicle because it also has the navigation system. Driving the Rav4 is really enjoyable."