2014 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $47,985 - $49,268.

10/6.9

8.2

Based on 65 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Too many downgrades.

By on Friday, November 28, 2014

Pros: "Love the blind spot signals and back up camera."

Cons: "Too many cheap downgrades."

"This is my third Rav4. My husband is still driving the 2007, with over 100,000 miles on it. We have never had a serious problem with it. I had a new 2012 with only 8,000 miles on it when I was hit and my car rolled twice on an interstate. The car was totaled. I walked away with some scratches and bruises. I credit that to the car's safety features and God. I immediately bought a 2013 to replace it, without a lot of thought to the changes in it except for the rear hatch now being opened from the top. After I bought the car, I realized that Toyota had actually cheapened down the car. Gone are the extra console compartment, the second closed glove box and the little change and garage door opener cubbies. Not to mention the 110 plug in and the digital radio controls. The carpet is replaced with a cheap-looking material along with the sound-proofing. The road noise is really loud, and the wind noise around the Windows is really bad. As far as driving, it is ok, but not as quick on the take-off as my 6 cylinder 2012. The storage in the back was cut down for a place for the under-sized spare tire. That is a big downgrade as far as I am concerned. And why did they take out those great handles to lay the seats down from the back? It seems like they took all of the best features out. I do love the backup camera and the blind-spot signals are wonderful. But why did they put a switch on the dash to turn them off? The controls stuck on the left hand side of the dash are very hard to see, and very awkward to use. Too easy to push the wrong button. All in all, I would not recommend this car, nor will I buy another Toyota. So disappointing!!!"

Limited does not mean all the goodies.

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, fuel efficient, safety features"

Cons: "Missing a few nice to have features."

"I purchased the 2014 Rav4 AWD Limited about 3 weeks ago. This vehicle was to replace a 2006 Toyota Sequoia. Granted there is no comparison between the two SUVs other than they are both Toyota and both Limited models. While the new Rav4 is great, I too noticed a small list of features that were missing. Here are a few observations. As mentioned in other reviews, there is no sunglasses compartment and no power port in the arm rest. No home link for the garage doors. Door pocket storage is very limited. Finally, perhaps the most glaring short-coming is the the passenger seat is leather and heated, but not power! Come on Toyota my 2006 had all had all of this because it was the Limited model. I purchased the most fully equipped 2014 Rav4 I could find, however Toyota failed to provide these small, but meaningful features. Okay now some of the good stuff. The handling is great and the fuel economy is as stated, maybe a little better, time will tell. I opted for a model with the "Technology Package" which includes the standard rear-view camera, rear cross traffic alert detection, bind spot monitoring and alerts, lane departure alert system and automatic high-beams. This is really helpful because it helps keep you more aware of traffic and people around you. I also purchased an aftermarket receiver hitch which was so easy to install because Toyota provides the threaded weld nuts in the frame. (Toyota wanted 3X the price for their hitch, buy aftermarket and install yourself). The Nav system is good,but I would like a the screen to be larger. Finally the JBL sound system is very nice, not Bose, but very nice. Overall, I really like this Rav4 and look forward to keeping it for at least a decade."

great vehicle, good MPG for SUV

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "very functional."

Cons: "Seats and clunking."

"Major complaints are the soft tex seat covering. In the summr you get a wet butt. Their soft but don't breath. More like old vinyl seat covers. Rear clunks on rough roads. But, I'd definitly buy one again."

The Best

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Has a lot of great options like navigation and AWD"

Cons: "What is there not to like."

"This Rave4 is just great. It looks sporty and is a joy to drive. It also keeps its value better than any other car I have owned."

Bought new from my local Toyota dealer

By on Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pros: "Awesome infotainment system"

"bought the new RAV4 from my local dealer. Great suv with good system with navigation. The one I bought was with special JBL speakers and paint."