2013 Toyota RAV4

8.2

Based on 103 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

2016 Hybrid XLE

By on Monday, January 25, 2016

Pros: "It is a Toyota & Hybrid"

2016 Toyota Hybrid

"We got this rig cause 1.it is a Toyota and 2.the mpg and have no regrets about it. This is for the XLE Hybrid: In the few short weeks of owning this rig it is everything and more. I am averaging 34.5 MPG's that is a combo of hwy and city. We got it with the convenience and tech package and so glad we did worth the money to add that. It is so quite both in the hwy and city. It has the 7in display but, a heads up about the display, it will wash out badly when the sun is coming in from the back window. The display is so much more quicker and better responsive then say even the 2014's Rav4. Also the 7in display only comes with the tech package other wise it is a 6in display. The navigation is pretty good but is no Garmin but works well over all. The steering control's for the display unit and the display for the driver works pretty good and is very responsive. The drivers display shows things like your music, your MPG's and ect. The drives display is bright and clear. The steering control's also control your cruise, voice command, trip metier, and more and are all very responsive as well. On the XLE not power seats or heated seats but no big deal for me. It has double climate control with real button. Power lift gate comes with both the XLE and limited along with push button start and a smart key fob. Foot Note: This rig is mainly a front wheel drive. The only time the AWD kick's in is when you need a little more power or you are sliding around it is what they call AWD-i. Also, if you are going to by this rig spend the extra money and the the tech and convenience package. Well worth the money. It will add the following: dynamic cruise control, lane asst, a 7in display, auto high beam, auto lights, turn by turn directions in the drives display, and a better back up camera. So if you are looking for an compact suv but tired of spending all the money on gas you really need to put this on on your short list. Would I buy this rig again I would."

2016 Toyota Hybrid

Better than expected

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfortable inter., sport & eco modes"

Cons: "Limited passenger storage."

"The family was looking to down size vehicles and also improve gas mileage. So we looked in the small SUV category at all options- Honda CRV, Ford Escape, Mazda 5, Chevy Equinox, etc. Although all have them had certain features we liked and it was a tough decision, the new RAV4 overall was the best quality, options and new style that fit for us. The value for the options we were looking for led us to the XLE model. We have had the vehicle now for more than a month and it has been even better than expected. The ride and comfort are very good for a small vehicle. There is plenty of leg room even when there are four or five people. Back seats recline which makes the difference so you get a feeling of more space. Gas mileage has been great coming from a large SUV. Overall it has been a very good vehicle."

4 Months on the road...still love it!

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "Sharp Looks, Handling, Seat Comfort, Very Roomy"

Cons: "Check your tires air pressure"

"Purchased my 2013 Rav4 Limited with BSM, and I couldn't be happier. I also looked at the CX5, Rogue, and the Forester. The Rav looked the sharpest standing still as well as inside the car. I really don't miss my old 6 cyclinder Rav. Pickup is sufficient, better when it's in Sport Mode. Mileage is good, not great, but then again it's the same with the other mini suv's I looked at. Noticed some reviewers said their ride was harsh. My advice is to check your air pressure in each tire. When delivered I noticed how harsh my ride was. Found out each tire was over inflated 45-50 psi. Once I took each tire down to 32 psi, ride became much smoother even on the 18" Limited tires. Other than that am glad I bought the Rav with no regrets. Had my last Rav for 6 years with no issues at all, so reliability is important to me."

Great Crossover

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "reliabile, economical, safe, great value."

"The new RAV4 Limited with all wheel drive is a superior value and great all around vehicle. I have recently owned Audi and BMW products, Jeeps and numerous four wheel drive vehicles and NONE of them perform as well as the AWD in the RAV4. In the worst snow and ice conditions in Idaho in 20 years this car was a dream to drive. Beyond driving in bad conditions the RAV4 is an enjoyable all around vehicle. The ride is a little stiff and road noise is average - the JBL premium sound system is superior and the safety and comfort features are abundant. Best of all, value. Depreciation is minimal on this car with reliability, economy and safety ranked at the top. Definitely recommend!"

Highlander to Rav and no regrets

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Push button start, interior layout"

Cons: "No XM on Limited w/o Nav upgrade (unreal)"

"I have only had this car for three months and just 3,000 miles, but I traded in a 2012 Highlander SE AWD for the 2013 Rav4 Limited AWD. No. 1 reason was gas mileage and they basically traded the same amount. Good little car. Definitely lacks the power but I didn't buy it for power, bought it for better gas mileage, Highlander was a bit of a guzzler. A lot of my driving is highway or at least 60/40, and I so far so good with the Rav4. Averaging around 23-24, but it has also been bitter cold (not above 0 for weeks at a time), and that keeps me closer to 22-23. High tank was 26. My biggest complaint is that I declined the Nav-speaker package and by doing so, without knowing so (my salesperson was misinformed) killed my ability to get XM through the touchsceen. Car does NOT come with it unless you drop the whatever over a grand for the nav and speakers which I wasn't interested in. Not sure what Toyota was thinking -- my bare bones Saturn Vue from 2008 had XM. Otherwise, features are great. Push button start and access to the car is hugely helpful, power lift gate is great, just like the Highlander, bluetooth works just fine. Two complaints, like I said, so far is the power, which I KNEW, and the XM, which I did NOT. But no regrets. Has handled just fine in the snow as well. We also own a loaded 2012 CRV, and I love Honda. Rav4 is quieter for sure, CRV appears bigger from inside but specs says it isn't so. Can't really go wrong with either of them, but I like the Toyota dash better and has a few more features (push start, power lift gate) CRV doesn't yet have."