2013 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,402 - $25,069.

10/7.0

8.4

Based on 48 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

LUV MY RAV4

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Supple ride, controls, smooth, gas mileage"

Cons: "minor wind noise"

"In November 2013 I purchased a 2014 RAV4 XLE couldn't be any happier driving and owning this crossover. There are great features with the best electronics in class. Have a navigation system, Pandora and blue tooth capabilities, fit and finish materials well quality built with different modes from eco, drive and sport one for saving gas and other makes a more adequate supple ride. The interior is best overall its comfortable in seating position and love the fold rear headrest as rear seats when added more room. RAV4 handles like a dream its really smooth and ride very solid on greatest drive I be having every time behind the wheel. Its super fast with a 4 cylinder can't tell be driving because its quiet while coasting on highways. Gas mileage is excellent between fill ups getting 25-30 mpg holds fuel so great in this crossover don't have stop at pumps maybe 5 or more weeks later really great on gas took a trip from Ohio to Nevada had 3/4s of fuel left as the gas meter got on 1/2 of tank when passed through Missouri now haven't filled up in two weeks now at 3/1 tank already even been driving so much afterwards. Everything seems to be in working order on my crossover even has great options includes rearview camera and steering wheel controls all the best. Performance is amazing and the visibility just excellent for height I am at 6'2'' really a great crossover worth the money."

Wonderful except for the paint

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "Great all around SUV except for the thin paint"

Cons: "Thin paint, chip easily."

"The paint is very thin and the slightest road debris will chip your paint. When it chips you can see how very thin it is. I have started looking at other Toyotas and the hood area on a lot of them have lots of chips in the paint. Thinnest paint on any car I have ever had! Toyota is the best but their paint needs to be better."

i'll never buy another toyota

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "it's no fun when your car tries to kill you"

Cons: "my car tried to kill me"

"i liked my rav4 until it had one of those unintended acceleration events. fortunately it was at low speed and i kept the car under control. the engine was redlining when i turned it off. my dealer and toyota north america treated me more like a criminal than a customer with a mechanical problem, even though there was no damage and no interest in a law suit. they concluded that "most likely i stepped on the brake and gas pedal at the same time. the fact that you cannot step on the brake and push the gas pedal to the floor without a major contortion of the ankle bone didn't enter into their conclusion - i guess they were more concerned about the 1.2 billion dollar Justice Department settlement, the 500 plus lawsuits they are negotiating for a settlement and the 19000 reports of unintended acceleration to the NHTSB, than they were about fixing my car. needless to say, i don't trust toyota or my dealer and the car is up for sale. the dealer service manager did not want to buy it for his kids to drive to college."

OK for the teen starting out; not for the parent!

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Interior Cargo Space, Reliability, Reputation, AWD"

Cons: "Cheap Interior Finish, VERY Rough Road Ride"

"I bought this car after years living abroad. When I returned, I instinctively went back to Toyota, the brand we earned before living abroad. As a result, I needed AWD but in a decent efficiency commuter mode. The vehicle serves this purpose; but, I find it cheap inside, miserable for the NAV system, archaic for the Entune system (we already pay for smartphone data plans and even though Toyota has officially canceled the notion of charging after 3 years for Entune, it is a miserably poor functioning service). If I could afford to give this car to my college teen for commuting (2-3 hours away), I would. It's great as a starter car for it's reputation and reliability. However, once you've reached your mid-forties, there are much better options to suit your needs. One clear feature is the interior cargo room...virtually nothing beats it in this class."

Perfect for my needs

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Great Price and Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Adjustable Lift Door should be Standard Equipment"

"I am retired disabled veteran and I have a hard time getting in and out of vehicles - but not with this vehicle. I also have issues with backing up, yet this vehicle offers a good size back up camera that helps out with that. NOW - I love driving this vehicle - the mileage is great! It has a comfortable , smooth ride. There's plenty of room for the back seat riders. It comes with a 2 year/25K mile maintenance. We looked at other similar models, (GM and Honda) and are glad we purchased this one. You won't be disappointed (at least we're not)."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25