2013 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,922 - $22,592.

10/7.0

8.2

Based on 60 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 | Next

Love, Love, Love It!!!

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "XLE offers more in the base package than competion"

Cons: "Not found any yet."

"Bought 2013 XLE 2WD on 6/24/13. Had the most bang for the buck.Only up grade was leather seats ("soft tech" which is not really leather but it looks good). Did not order sealant but vehicle came with it.Dealer did not add cost since I specifically stated I did not want when order placed. It is very compact but works well for us. My husband is 6' 2" and I am 5' 11". Ordered black w/beige interior. Capet is black so shows any thing light (sand, grass). Floor mats while attractive to look at are flimsy for what they cost ($299.00). I am looking for a more durable set to place on top but do not want all vinyl which limits my choices. May order a replacement set to have on hand from non Toyota vendor to cut cost. Salesman was outstanding - professional but friendly, well trained by Toyota. Showed me how everything works and added my cell to bluetooth. The dealership - Legacy Toyota, Tallahassee FL - has been the greatest.!! This is my first Toyota. Usually buy Honda or Nissan. Test drove CRV and Rogue as well as Mazda CX5. RAV4 was more stylish and fun to drive."

Nice Family SUV

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Looks, features and comfort"

Cons: "Lacks Pickup and liltle noisy when > 65 mph"

"I like this car for the desing and features. Worth for the money"

decent little SUV - not particularly exciting

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "good quality, comfort, and reliability"

Cons: "lacking power and suspension can feel harsh"

"I was spoiled driving my 2007 V6 RAV4. It was peppy and a true joy to drive. This new one in comparison is still quite comfortable with good driving position, good climate control, and has less roll in cornering. The new 2013 suspension also gives a harsh ride if the pavement is rough in the least. The new 13 RAV is not peppy in comparison to the old 7-12 V6 RAV. The new four cylinder engine does not have enough power to make use of the tallest gear at normal highway speeds, which also denies you the advertised 30 mpg at normal speeds, that is, unless you keep it below 65mph or have a strong tail-wind."

Less than expected

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "Navigation display screen"

"I have been a loyal Toyota owner for about 15 years. I like the new styling but sure miss the power of the V-6 engine, the car seems underpowered. The biggest disappointment is the Entune/Navigation display. During daylight hours the screen is very difficult to see due to glare."

Lifelong Honda Guy Converts to Toyota!

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Fit and Finish, Styling, Power"

Cons: "Heavy Steering, Audio for USB media clunky"

"I have owned the 2007 CR-V and every iteration of Civic/Accord/Pilot/Fit/Integra Honda-Acura since the 90s. I'm a through and through Honda guy. We naturally wanted the new 2013 CR-V to replace our Acura RDX which was a gas monster but Honda has really cheapened this car. Honda has really lost its way. Things about this RAV-4 that stand out: 1- Great interior room...bigger than the CR-V 2- Great interior fit...even the XLE comes with a rear view camera, strong A/C climate control and nicely stiched dash cover. Honda needs to take a lesson here on how not to make a car look cheap 3- Great looks...very aggressive and classy compared to the doughboy round look of older RAV-4s 4- Great engine pickup...for a 4 cylinder this is very nice and the fly by wire throtle response is good 5- Not so good...heavy steering...not sure why this is but parking lot turning is heavy 6- Audio seems a little touchy with USB memory keys and the song name (MP3 track info field) doesn't display (only shows the file name which is too long and gest truncated) 7- "J" car...this car is bolted in Japan which usually means very high quality and care in fit and finish Finance Note - Toyota Finance does not include gap insurance on leases and you need to pay an extra $15+ for it per month...Honda Finance has included this for free for a long time and it is very important to get this."

Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 | Next