2013 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,922 - $22,592.

10/7.0

8.2

Based on 60 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Roseville Automall in California, RAV4 over others

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "MPG, Power, Suspension, Cargo, Reliable"

Cons: "Towing only 1500lbs, No HID lights. No LED DRL."

"I own this car after looking at all, and i mean all compact SUV vehicles. Took me 13 auto-mall hrs to choose and this Rav4 was the most powerful 4cyl engine I ever drove. A way to test drive was freeway on-ramp with 4 adults taking two salesmen on the ride. If the car you driving cant pick up to speed to get on freeway like a small powerful car then you will waste your time or have that sluggish takeoff. Roads are not getting safer and a car this size that cant accelerate in a case of an emergency can make a huge difference. Gas mileage was amazing and the ride height is at average level, safer. The vehicle downside to my needs was the low towing capacity going from a 3500lbs tow to 1500lbs on the redesigned model. No V6 engine so that forces you to upgrade to highlander if needed. No more 7 seat but that only gives you the room this small SUV should of had from day one. Materials inside are moderate to high grade. Seats are amazingly comfy with no issues. The rear seats recline enough to seriously take a nap. The vehicle is waaaay too quiet but that is a good thing. The suspension on this car feels too soft but it was very responsive and almost air ride quality. The blue crush color is the sporty looking of the Rav4. I have to say that this is one of the best cars I have ever owned in my life. Toyota seriously kicked some butt with this model and year. Test drive one and be amazed for yourself."

Best car ever

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Great quality, great price"

"This car has been so amazing for our family. Totally worth the money for a quality vehicle. It's only a 4 cylinder, but is surprisingly peppy. It speeds up very quick and is such a smooth ride. We took it down to the beach and got stuck in the sand, we put it into Sport mode and we got right out. I'm very impressed with this vehicle and will probably keep it until it dies."

Went from Avalon to Rav4 bumpy transition

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "cute, sporty, comfortable"

Cons: "no Home Link little storage only seats 4 gas"

"Rav4 is a great little car reliable and cute. Drove it in all weather situations did great in snow & slush. Took on $10k road trip with husband seeing national parks it was comfortable for the two of us. I am however disappointed in the lack of bells and whistles in the Limited Edition considering the price. There was no Home Link for garage door which we didn't discover until after the purchase, our bad we should have confirmed but it is a Limited for goodness sake! Very very little cabin storage for sunglasses and incidentals. Really only seats 4 humans but seats are comfortable. Gas mileage wasn't as great as promised, I got better gas mileage on my old 6 cylinder 2002 Avalon, that was another bummer to give up power for little to no return. We have to park outside and the windows don't remove water or any condensation when rolling up and down so visibility was an issue until car totally warmed up which was unfortunately usually right about when I arrived at work. This is no problem in summer but if you live in the NW is an issue 9 months of the year it was not fun to get rain in the car & freeze out the kids in the back so I could safely see to turn etc...this and the garage door opener and lack of storage sent me over the edge trading it in for a car that fits me better!! I would recommend car for reliability and comfort but would throw in the above disclaimers."

overall very disapointed 2014

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "nice looking inside and out"

Cons: "over priced tinny"

"doesn't have auto lift gate ,audio system on the cheap side.If the ford focus has one why not the rav-4"

I love this car

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "roominess for my family, reclining backseats"

Cons: "tire light, dash rattle, wiper location"

"I love this car and am so happy that I purchased it. I got exactly what I paid for. It is roomy and I find quite comfortable compared to the Honda. The kids love that they can recline the back seats. The amount of room when the seats are folded down is amazing. I have hauled bikes, patio furniture and 6' trees in this car. It has it's quirks. Automatic carwashes are a no-no. The carwash clothes get caught in the lights and roof rack. Also if car wash is high powered the sunroof leaks. The dash is a combo of different things. It developed a terrible rattle but shove a business card in between the cracks and the rattle disappears. One major flaw- the windshield wipers rest below the heating ducts, thus snow and icy days is real hard because the wipers freeze and the windshield is real hard to clear. The wheel light is very sensitive. Mine has been on for 4 months. I gave up going to the dealership and tire shop because I never had a pressure problem. The fluctuation of warm days/cool evenings cause the light to go on. Ignore it. I have listed the main quirks but I still love my car. It fits my family perfectly, handles well in the snow and runs about 23.8 mpg. I wish that was better but I won't complain."