2013 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,429 - $24,070.

10/7.0

8.4

Based on 48 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

4 Months on the road...still love it!

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "Sharp Looks, Handling, Seat Comfort, Very Roomy"

Cons: "Check your tires air pressure"

"Purchased my 2013 Rav4 Limited with BSM, and I couldn't be happier. I also looked at the CX5, Rogue, and the Forester. The Rav looked the sharpest standing still as well as inside the car. I really don't miss my old 6 cyclinder Rav. Pickup is sufficient, better when it's in Sport Mode. Mileage is good, not great, but then again it's the same with the other mini suv's I looked at. Noticed some reviewers said their ride was harsh. My advice is to check your air pressure in each tire. When delivered I noticed how harsh my ride was. Found out each tire was over inflated 45-50 psi. Once I took each tire down to 32 psi, ride became much smoother even on the 18" Limited tires. Other than that am glad I bought the Rav with no regrets. Had my last Rav for 6 years with no issues at all, so reliability is important to me."

Best crossover ever

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "grear price, fun to drive, great fuel efficiency"

Cons: "many features on the XLE are operated manually"

"My family was looking for a compact crossover, and we were choosing between this Rav4 and CR-V. Finally, we bought the Rav4 XLE AWD. I really like this vehicle because it also has the navigation system. Driving the Rav4 is really enjoyable."

Limited Edition-AWD-worth every buck

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "Price, Music quality, blind spot, rear view camera"

Cons: "heated steering wheel, memory passenger seat"

"For the price, I haggled for this car along with a year additional of Dealer Services, the luxury and experience of Limited Edition is phenomenally great deal. Leg room for rear passengers is very good. Comes with all the bell n whistles like blindspot monitor, rear view camera, driver seat has memory feature etc."

Better than expected

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "Great style, bigger, good engine/trans"

Cons: "figuring out electronics"

"After having listened to my wife for 5 years wanting an SUV crossover, I finally gave in and after a lot of reading and reviewing and looking, I purchased a RAV4 Limited AWD. The car has every option, many I still haven't touched. I have owned it about 2 weeks and have put nearly 3000 miles on the car. I must say, the RAV4 drives great. The engine has enough power to accelerate although it would never be considered fast. I really liked the 2013 styling and never would have even considered the previous designs with the trunk spare tire thing. I have averaged 25.4 MPG in my use which had been mainly Interstates in moderate mountains. Since I do tend to speed, I'm happy. I suppose at the limit this car would pull down 30 easily."

This could have been a great suv BUT FOR ONE THING

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "overall styling, reliability, resale,"

Cons: "HARSH RIDE.."

"First, i am a toyota fan. I have owned a 4runner, Solara, etc. I wanted a vehicle that was good on gas, reliable, had the necessary power, good in foul weather here in mass., and all the attributes that makes Toyota famous. They did all of this on the new RAV4 with the exception of the ride. I drive in the city and there is lots of construction going on. The 4runner i owned handled it with no problem. My girlfriend's 2010 rav4 handles it with no problem. My neighbors 2012 honda crv 12 handles the rough surface, no problem....but not this rav4. Did someone at toyota actually drive this vehicle in real world situations? It is really harsh and just not on these kinds of roads. Any change in the surface....YOU WILL FEEL IT and like a recent review in one of the car mags said, "it is annoying". I tried reducing the tire pressure 5 pounds to no avail...i ended up buying a seat cushion and that least makes the ride tolerable. i leased this vehicle and you can tell that i will be giving this unit back...if i could do it again, i would not. So before you purchase this vehicle, drive on some rough surfaces and if you can tolerate the hard sounds and ride....i can't give this vehicle any other negatives but the ride is the dealbreaker."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25