2013 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,366 - $24,022.

10/7.0

8.2

Based on 59 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Highlander to Rav and no regrets

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Push button start, interior layout"

Cons: "No XM on Limited w/o Nav upgrade (unreal)"

"I have only had this car for three months and just 3,000 miles, but I traded in a 2012 Highlander SE AWD for the 2013 Rav4 Limited AWD. No. 1 reason was gas mileage and they basically traded the same amount. Good little car. Definitely lacks the power but I didn't buy it for power, bought it for better gas mileage, Highlander was a bit of a guzzler. A lot of my driving is highway or at least 60/40, and I so far so good with the Rav4. Averaging around 23-24, but it has also been bitter cold (not above 0 for weeks at a time), and that keeps me closer to 22-23. High tank was 26. My biggest complaint is that I declined the Nav-speaker package and by doing so, without knowing so (my salesperson was misinformed) killed my ability to get XM through the touchsceen. Car does NOT come with it unless you drop the whatever over a grand for the nav and speakers which I wasn't interested in. Not sure what Toyota was thinking -- my bare bones Saturn Vue from 2008 had XM. Otherwise, features are great. Push button start and access to the car is hugely helpful, power lift gate is great, just like the Highlander, bluetooth works just fine. Two complaints, like I said, so far is the power, which I KNEW, and the XM, which I did NOT. But no regrets. Has handled just fine in the snow as well. We also own a loaded 2012 CRV, and I love Honda. Rav4 is quieter for sure, CRV appears bigger from inside but specs says it isn't so. Can't really go wrong with either of them, but I like the Toyota dash better and has a few more features (push start, power lift gate) CRV doesn't yet have."

Very Impressed

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "Price, Value, Amazing in snow or ice, Fun to drive"

Cons: "Low interior light illumination"

"First, this is my wife's vehicle which I drive on occasion. My wife had always driven full size SUV or Van, First said she would not even consider this size vehicle. But after the test drive and the redesign, she wanted it. But what impressed me this winter is how this Rav 4 handles in snow and ice. It grips the road like a glove. Have not driven any vehicle ever that made me feel so confident and secure. Amazing! My only fault is the low illumination of the interior lighting."

overall very disapointed 2014

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "nice looking inside and out"

Cons: "over priced tinny"

"doesn't have auto lift gate ,audio system on the cheap side.If the ford focus has one why not the rav-4"

The 2013 Rav4 XLE is an excellent overall value.

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

"I had a mini van and really didn't like the image. The kids are in high school now, so having a back seat with good head room was important. Also important was a big space in back for groceries, easy to park, easy to back up, easy to get in and out of, good gas mileage, easy to drive overall and affordable (no higher than the mid $20,000 range). The RAV4 does all those things very well. I only considered Toyota, Honda and Mazda models because of ther reputations for quality. NOTHING wears off that new car feeling quicker than when there are problems with it. I looked at the Mazda CX5 and thought the car was excellent except the power was not real good for getting on to the freeway and I felt I was sitting kind of low or closed in inside. The CRV is a great car, but nothing really stood out for a wow factor, seeming kind of plain compared to the RAV4. I'm completely happy with my RAV4. Very satisfied. The only things I would caution about are the options that really hike up the price quickly and aren't all that necessary; and secondly, the pressure at the dealer when you're forced to sit there, listening to an extended sales pitch for all the over priced stuff they want to sell, like an alarm, interior protection, paint protection, pre-paid warranty service and on and on. Be wary of the delears out there and choose wisely. The final thing that pushed me over the edge to choose Toyota was the Service Department: how well they treat you for the service, offering free rides home or to work and being open all day on Saturday's. These things are important to me, because I will be paying on my car for the next 48 months."

So Far So Good

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Great value, good MPG, ample cargo space"

Cons: "Backseat a wee bit tight for my long-legged son"

"I had a 1998 Rav4 which I loved. We also have a 2004 Sequoia 230k+ miles on it and still going strong. Of all the brands we've owned, can't beat Toyota quality and reliability. The 2013 Rav4 XLE is comfortable, quiet and even in my urban errand-running mode, gets good gas mileage. Can't say I miss the side-swinging back door, but getting rid of the rear-mounted tire was a huge plus. My last Rav was totaled by a relatively minor rear-end collision. Frame bent by that tire taking the hit. :( This is a great car for those who like simplicity and appreciate that complexity means more things to go wrong. The upgrades give you a few new bells and whistles without computerizing unnecessarily. So far so good.... 300,000 miles to go!!"

See if you qualify for