2013 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $45,932 - $47,483.

10/7.0

8.3

Based on 64 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Limited does not mean all the goodies.

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, fuel efficient, safety features"

Cons: "Missing a few nice to have features."

"I purchased the 2014 Rav4 AWD Limited about 3 weeks ago. This vehicle was to replace a 2006 Toyota Sequoia. Granted there is no comparison between the two SUVs other than they are both Toyota and both Limited models. While the new Rav4 is great, I too noticed a small list of features that were missing. Here are a few observations. As mentioned in other reviews, there is no sunglasses compartment and no power port in the arm rest. No home link for the garage doors. Door pocket storage is very limited. Finally, perhaps the most glaring short-coming is the the passenger seat is leather and heated, but not power! Come on Toyota my 2006 had all had all of this because it was the Limited model. I purchased the most fully equipped 2014 Rav4 I could find, however Toyota failed to provide these small, but meaningful features. Okay now some of the good stuff. The handling is great and the fuel economy is as stated, maybe a little better, time will tell. I opted for a model with the "Technology Package" which includes the standard rear-view camera, rear cross traffic alert detection, bind spot monitoring and alerts, lane departure alert system and automatic high-beams. This is really helpful because it helps keep you more aware of traffic and people around you. I also purchased an aftermarket receiver hitch which was so easy to install because Toyota provides the threaded weld nuts in the frame. (Toyota wanted 3X the price for their hitch, buy aftermarket and install yourself). The Nav system is good,but I would like a the screen to be larger. Finally the JBL sound system is very nice, not Bose, but very nice. Overall, I really like this Rav4 and look forward to keeping it for at least a decade."

great vehicle, good MPG for SUV

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "very functional."

Cons: "Seats and clunking."

"Major complaints are the soft tex seat covering. In the summr you get a wet butt. Their soft but don't breath. More like old vinyl seat covers. Rear clunks on rough roads. But, I'd definitly buy one again."

The Best

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Has a lot of great options like navigation and AWD"

Cons: "What is there not to like."

"This Rave4 is just great. It looks sporty and is a joy to drive. It also keeps its value better than any other car I have owned."

Bought new from my local Toyota dealer

By on Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pros: "Awesome infotainment system"

"bought the new RAV4 from my local dealer. Great suv with good system with navigation. The one I bought was with special JBL speakers and paint."

Roseville Automall in California, RAV4 over others

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "MPG, Power, Suspension, Cargo, Reliable"

Cons: "Towing only 1500lbs, No HID lights. No LED DRL."

"I own this car after looking at all, and i mean all compact SUV vehicles. Took me 13 auto-mall hrs to choose and this Rav4 was the most powerful 4cyl engine I ever drove. A way to test drive was freeway on-ramp with 4 adults taking two salesmen on the ride. If the car you driving cant pick up to speed to get on freeway like a small powerful car then you will waste your time or have that sluggish takeoff. Roads are not getting safer and a car this size that cant accelerate in a case of an emergency can make a huge difference. Gas mileage was amazing and the ride height is at average level, safer. The vehicle downside to my needs was the low towing capacity going from a 3500lbs tow to 1500lbs on the redesigned model. No V6 engine so that forces you to upgrade to highlander if needed. No more 7 seat but that only gives you the room this small SUV should of had from day one. Materials inside are moderate to high grade. Seats are amazingly comfy with no issues. The rear seats recline enough to seriously take a nap. The vehicle is waaaay too quiet but that is a good thing. The suspension on this car feels too soft but it was very responsive and almost air ride quality. The blue crush color is the sporty looking of the Rav4. I have to say that this is one of the best cars I have ever owned in my life. Toyota seriously kicked some butt with this model and year. Test drive one and be amazed for yourself."