• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $46,316 - $47,616.

10/7.0

8.2

Based on 58 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Went from Avalon to Rav4 bumpy transition

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "cute, sporty, comfortable"

Cons: "no Home Link little storage only seats 4 gas"

"Rav4 is a great little car reliable and cute. Drove it in all weather situations did great in snow & slush. Took on $10k road trip with husband seeing national parks it was comfortable for the two of us. I am however disappointed in the lack of bells and whistles in the Limited Edition considering the price. There was no Home Link for garage door which we didn't discover until after the purchase, our bad we should have confirmed but it is a Limited for goodness sake! Very very little cabin storage for sunglasses and incidentals. Really only seats 4 humans but seats are comfortable. Gas mileage wasn't as great as promised, I got better gas mileage on my old 6 cylinder 2002 Avalon, that was another bummer to give up power for little to no return. We have to park outside and the windows don't remove water or any condensation when rolling up and down so visibility was an issue until car totally warmed up which was unfortunately usually right about when I arrived at work. This is no problem in summer but if you live in the NW is an issue 9 months of the year it was not fun to get rain in the car & freeze out the kids in the back so I could safely see to turn etc...this and the garage door opener and lack of storage sent me over the edge trading it in for a car that fits me better!! I would recommend car for reliability and comfort but would throw in the above disclaimers."

overall very disapointed 2014

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "nice looking inside and out"

Cons: "over priced tinny"

"doesn't have auto lift gate ,audio system on the cheap side.If the ford focus has one why not the rav-4"

I love this car

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "roominess for my family, reclining backseats"

Cons: "tire light, dash rattle, wiper location"

"I love this car and am so happy that I purchased it. I got exactly what I paid for. It is roomy and I find quite comfortable compared to the Honda. The kids love that they can recline the back seats. The amount of room when the seats are folded down is amazing. I have hauled bikes, patio furniture and 6' trees in this car. It has it's quirks. Automatic carwashes are a no-no. The carwash clothes get caught in the lights and roof rack. Also if car wash is high powered the sunroof leaks. The dash is a combo of different things. It developed a terrible rattle but shove a business card in between the cracks and the rattle disappears. One major flaw- the windshield wipers rest below the heating ducts, thus snow and icy days is real hard because the wipers freeze and the windshield is real hard to clear. The wheel light is very sensitive. Mine has been on for 4 months. I gave up going to the dealership and tire shop because I never had a pressure problem. The fluctuation of warm days/cool evenings cause the light to go on. Ignore it. I have listed the main quirks but I still love my car. It fits my family perfectly, handles well in the snow and runs about 23.8 mpg. I wish that was better but I won't complain."

Grat car

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and fun to drive"

Cons: "Wish it was a v6."

"Love just about everything about this car. Interior is functional and stylish."

Uncomfortable and Inconvienent

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Reason: uncomfortable

Pros: "turning radius"

Cons: "noisy, uncomfortable, limited storage"

"First off, I have been a loyal Toyota driver for almost 15 years. I Still drive a '96 Tacoma and traded in my 2004 4runner to purchase the 2014 Rav4. I've heard great things about the older Rav4 but I have no experience driving them. This review is for the 2014 Rav4 XLE. My wife and I bought the 2014 Rav4 to get better gas mileage than our 2004 4runner. The initial driving experience was pleasurable. However, after putting 5,000 miles on it we realized it was a bad decision. The 2014 Rav4 has contoured bucket front seats. The extreme contour was pushing my shoulders forward and pushing into my arm/back. After 15-20 min of driving, my right arm and hand began falling asleep. I did not notice this during the test drive and my wife drove the Rav4 the majority of the time. I am not a big guy by any stretch of the imagination (5'6", 150), so for the seat to be that uncomfortable was unacceptable. We called the dealer to see what our options were and they recommended sitting on a pillow (not very professional, but that's another review). The 2014 Rav4 driving experience was not very pleasant. The road/tire noise is almost deafening, literally. I used a decibel app on my phone and standard highway driving was 87 decibels (hearing damage occurs with prolonged exposure to 90 decibels). As a comparison, the same drive resulted in 77 decibels in a 2014 Highlander and 80 decibels in 2014 Honda CRV). The Rav4 sounds like you're driving on a loose gravel road, very annoying. The lack of storage in the 2014 Rav4 is inexcusable. The center console compartment is tiny, the center console cup holders are inconvenient and only worth holding a phone as tall cups can't fit. There is no sunglasses compartment. The interior is cheap in quality, design, and function. Even though I bought the vehicle brand new, I took a huge hit and traded it in after 3 months/5,000 miles because it was the most uncomfortable car I've ever driven. We ended up buying a 2014 Honda CRV and are much happier."

See if you qualify for