2010 Toyota RAV4

Based on 696 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Great, low-maintenance SUV, w/ total versatility

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "inexpensive to run, great features and versatility"

Cons: "cheap plastic dash, known issues to Toyota in TSB."

"I love my RAV4 it's as close to perfection as any car I've ever owned. I'm a very picky car owner. I'm picky with how a vehicle handles, how ergonomic the interior is, picky about the economy, and picky about how it's engineered, picky when I find out the manufacturer's short-cuts. There are only a few things I would change about my RAV4 - more insulation to make it ride quieter, better dash/door panel plastics would feel more high-quality, and a more rigid chassis to keep it feeling sturdier on rough roads.I wish there were a MAX A/C button on my auto climate control and a 110v outlet. For engineering aspects, considering this is a first year of a new model, its short-comings are pretty low, but irritating, nonetheless. The valve cover has a design fault that causes it burn oil (about 1 qt every 3k miles) which I don't consider okay, but apparently every car company does. hmph! And, the when making sharp turns at low speeds, the steering wheel makes a click/clunk sound that you can feel through the wheel. It's not dangerous as far as I have researched, but annoying and kinda expensive to repair. Also, Toyota releases Technical Service Bulletins to Toyota Service, but does not inform customers to alert them to check if they have any known symptoms, so now those items when noticed are often out of warranty. Other than that - I bought the car at 69k miles 3 years ago, and it hasn't really depreciated much since then with all the added mileage. It's often confused for a Lexus. The interior is very spacious, and I can fit into tight spots with little effort. It drives over curbs, rocks, bumps easily (mine is 2wd) and takes me through rough Baja roads on my long road trips. I can fit a ton of cargo. I average mid-20s city/highway mix, and I drive fast and rough. 30 on freeway at 60 mph. Engine oil, transmission, brake fluids and pads/rotors, tire rotations, air and cabin air filters are the only maintenance it needs. Oh and plugs at 100k. My 528i was a beautiful car, but a pain to own in many ways. This RAV4 if downright angelic compared to the Bimmer."

Fun & Sporty!

By on Friday, October 2, 2009

"I recently purchased a 2010 Rav4 Sport V6 4x4 (without the spare tire on the back) and absolutely love it! I test drove the Honda CRV first and as soon as I test drove the Toyota Rav4, the choice was clear. The V6 made a huge difference in terms of performance and was worth paying a little more for. The Honda CRV had no spunk since it's only available in a 4 cylinder. Plus, the styling of the Toyota Rav4 is much more sportier than the Honda CRV. I opted for the cloth seats, which I was a little worried about at first since my previous car had leather. Surprisingly, the cloth seats are very plush and comfortable. The only feature I wish it had are automatic door locks once you start the car (or reach over 5 miles an hour) and a way to unlock the trunk from inside the car rather than just on the smart key. Other than that, I have no complaints about this car so far!"

best suv

By on Monday, March 24, 2008

"Compared to my 99 honda crv, you can't top the 2008 rav4. I have owned several honda's, there great cars but alot of road noise. Also I have owned toyota's but they are much better handling ans the ride is smooth less road noise compare to the honda's I've have owned. Even the new 08's honda's have alot of road noise. This 08 rav4 rides like a sedan, cuts through corners with very little body lean, great horsepower for a 4 cyl. Great gas mileage, good interior space. I would highly recommend this suv compared to other suvs for the price, handling etc......"

Really like it!

By on Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pros: "Handling, esp in snow and slippery conditions."

Cons: "Really wish it had a driver side arm rest."

"My first Toyota. Very happy overall with car. Annoying number of recalls to have it checked for. I usually wait until I get several before I even bother to take it, as all has been fine. I do take it to my own mechanic as I feel the dealer is not only overpriced but keeps recommending I have things done that both myself and my mechanic feel can either wait on or do not need at all."

I LOVE it!!!

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, hauls a lot of cargo, great safety f"

Cons: "rims rust, multiple recalls"

"My first NEW car and I'm 60. Love the way back hatch swings out from the side. I get a lot of requests from strangers to tell them how much I like this car. Roomy interior, comfortable seats, great for hauling loads when seats are folded down. Tire rims began to rust around nuts first year though and Toyota could do nothing to fix. Also, this car has had3-4 recalls on it. All fixed promptly though and no safety issues. I wish I could give one to my daughter."