2010 Toyota RAV4

Based on 696 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

No complaints!

By on Friday, May 7, 2010

"After 2 1/2 years of owning one that had previously been in service for 6 months, we haven't had any major problems. I'm beginning to feel like getting the extra warranty was a waste of money! We've only spent repair money on wear and tear thus far. This has been a really great car - decent mileage, drives nicely, lots of room, reliable, and in a pinch we could sleep in it! Very happy so far!"

Great all around vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"This is my first Toyota and for what it is I'm pleased. The 3.5 V6 engine makes this very sporty along with very good MPG's, I get 21 city and 29 HWY! The 2012 Rav4 will have a lift-up hatch, too bad we must wait but think I'll trade up because of this, the swing out door is okay but a weakness in my book. I got the sport model without the wart of a spare tire overhanging the rear bumper, by the way insurance was less because of this because the tire hits before the bumper causing far too much damage in minor fender benders. One year cost me $679 with full coverage."

Wonderful SUV

By on Sunday, September 20, 2009

"This 2009 RAV4 V-6 Limited has all the bells and whistles with magnificent power. It is fun to drive and has all of the luxuries as my 1996 Lexus (When you get the extra packages.) It is much roomier than the previous smaller models; plenty big for my needs. I would highly recommend this vehicle."

Almost Perfect

By on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"I have the base model, V6, AWD, with the 3rd row seat. This would be the perfect car, if the seats were not so uncomfortable. I've tried every adjustment without any success. My wife has no trouble with the seats, so she now drives it. We've had 7 people in it many times, but the back row is best for little kids. Great in the snow, and we have had absolutely no mechanical problems in 30K miles. Averages about 24mpg. Before you buy one, borrow or rent one for a week to make sure you are OK with the seat comfort."

Good buy

By on Monday, September 22, 2008

"Got almost 29 MPG on a recent road trip, with the 6 cyl engine. Has more than enough power for the longest hills. Does not hold the road as good as my old Lexus and not as comfortable. Much better than big three SUVs. Not the most styelish car on the road but did not buy for style."

Solid vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"I bought a certified '06 in November '07. I have the Limited Edition with V6 and lots of bells and whistles. Overall, I really enjoy this vehicle, especially the amount of power I have at my disposal. The V6 engine requires a light touch on the gas pedal or else you will find yourself being pushed back in your seat by the acceleration. It handles relatively well for an SUV. My only complaints (and they aren't really complaints) is that the Premium Sound system doesn't seem all that premium, although I haven't compared it to the regularly installed system. The mileage tends to be about 20 miles to the gallon on average, which is slightly lower than I expected but still good compared to similar vehicles. Overall, this is a great vehicle, I enjoy owning it and would recommend it to others."

Drives like a Car, looks like SUV

By on Sunday, August 31, 2008

"I've had this car for about two years. I was real impressed that this SUV really handles like a large car. The car is responsive when turning the wheel, it doesn't feel heavy, and I don't feel like I'm in a tank (think Jeep Compas or the Pacifica- I've driven those before). Further, the gas mileage is decent for this type of car - as long as you keep it in good shape (check-ups, tire pressure correct, etc.). I recommend it to all my friends. They give the RAV 4 a second look when I tell them my gas tank is 13.5 gals (similar to some cars) and I get so much out of it."

Decent vehicle overall

By on Saturday, June 14, 2008

"The RAV4 (I have Sport trim, 4WD) drives very well, more like a car than a truck, which is how most SUV's drive. It has a very smooth ride. Pickup is excellent at stop lights. Rear is roomy. I've had it 2 years and put a lot of miles on it. I had to replace the battery recently - don't know why, nor could dealership tell me. Toyota cut some corners on interior things, like storage bin in front dash -- when accelerating, things fall out. Push button for 2nd glove box in dash works inconsistently and feels cheap -- sometimes you have to open it manually. Lever in trunk area to fold down rear seats not too good, and I had to have it fixed. Stereo is very poor quality. Auxiliary input poorly placed inside center armrest - you have to close the lid on the wire to use armrest when playing iPod or satellite radio (which is not an option with the stereo on this model). I know people love Toyotas and Consumer Reports always gives them glowing reviews. I'm not too crazy about mine and am considering trading it in for something else with better gas mileage."

Fabric problems

By on Sunday, March 9, 2008

"Love everything about my Base model RAV4 except for its upholstery. At 3 months and less than 5500 miles the front door panels and front seats and seat backs are showing wear. It's a fuzzy "pilling" look. Never had a car do this so early on. The dealer called in a factory rep who declared it "normal wear and tear". I'm really glad I'm past the stage of hauling kids and their gear. I don't think the interior would survive. Wish now I had gone for the Limited trim level with leather."

The perfect small SUV

By on Wednesday, November 7, 2007

"This is the perfect vehicle for us. It drives like a car, but it is also an SUV with all of the many advantages you get with an SUV. The styling is great, the seats are comfortable, the ride is smooth, there is enough room with the seats down to haul just about anything, and the RAV handles just fine. We could not ask for more."

All but the seats

By on Thursday, October 25, 2007

"The RAV4 has been a reliable, roomy vehicle. It handles well during bad weather and drives like a small car, easy to handle and manuever. It also gets very good gas mileage. The only feature I would change is the seating. Not very comfortable on long drives and the seat fabric pulls very easily and looks worn before its time."

A BIG FLOP

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"BAD POINTS 1]THE 4 WHEEL DRIVE SHUTS OFF AT 25 MPH 2] WHERE IS THE 25 TO 28 MPH,HOW ABOUT 19 MPH 3] CANT OPERATE THE RADIO WHEN IT ABOVE 90 DEGREES OUTSIDE,BUT OF COURSE IT WORKS WHEN YOU BRING IT IN FOR SERVICE 4] THE SEATS ARE A JOKE FOR SOMEONE WHO IS 6" 2. GOOD POINTS-THE LOOKS"

Nice for long trips

By on Monday, July 9, 2007

"I love my RAV, I just wish the 2006 styling didn't look so 'pyramid' shaped. It's bottom heavy when you look at it from the back. And then it's top is too narrow. Overall, I love the car; lots of rooom, great gas mileage, MP3 hook up. Maybe next time put in a regular plug in Jack for those weekend camping trips."

A real workhorse, outstanding performance for 5 yr

By on Thursday, September 10, 2015

Pros: "Good price, great value for the $"

Cons: "More comfortable front seats"

"About 60% of the 96000 miles are highway going from OH to VA. Great car, very reliable, fantastic performer, fast pickup, just wish the seats were a little more comfortable for long drives."

excellent for bad weather , and cargo capacity

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "never lets me down, very comfortable"

Cons: "wish it sat up a little higher"

"Has excellent handling, cargo capacity to fit a full size refrigerator still in the box. Towing capacity is outstanding for a 4cyl car."

BEST VEHICLE I HAVE OWNED

By on Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pros: "COMFORT,RELIABILTY"

Cons: "IF YOU ARE OVER 6'1" IT MAY BE A LITTLE TIGHT"

"THIS HAS BEEN ONE OF THE MOST RELIABLE VEHICLES I HAVE EVER OWNED. THE ONLY THING I HAVE DONE IS CHANGE OIL,FILTERS,ROTATE TIRES & HAVE IT CHECKED OVER @ THE STATED MILE INTERVALS. RIDES VERY NICE, HAS PLENTY OF POWER (2.4)LITER & GETS THRU SNOW LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW. IT COMES WITH VERY NICE AMENITIES IN THE LIMITED EDITION"

Low maintenance, short turning radius, >28 mpg hwy

By on Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pros: "Great handling. Fun car. Can carry a lot of cargo."

Cons: "Sound deadening package only fair."

"Very good buy. Two recalls for relatively minor problems. Very good in-town car. Sound deadening package only fair on highway. Very, very reliable car. Handles well. Extremely low maintenance costs. High twenties and low thirties mpg highway. Low twenties in city driving."

Great purchase

By on Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pros: "best purchase for your money!"

Cons: "needs a little more leg room in the front"

"I just recently purchased this vehicle about 3 months ago and really love it. It has alot of room and drives great. I had been looking for a while for something to replace my old car and finally decided on this one due to we had already purchased a toyota for my daughter and she has really loved hers but I needed something bigger and this one is perfect for what we needed and fit into our price range.If you are looking for a nice family car and one that is affordable I would recommend this one."

Love my Rav

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"This is a great, reliable car. I have had it over 4 years now and still love it. My last car I bought new and got rid of it within 3 years. I bought the Rav slightly used but it performs like new even today. This is a very versatile vehicle, it can handle camping trips, bikes, triathlons, road trips or any thing with the dog. If kids ever come into the picture I know I will be a good fit. My sister has a CRV, it is nice, but the engine is kind of wimpy. I feel safe and the V-6 rocks! It handles well in snow, even with just front wheel drive. Love my Rav!"

better than my caddie

By on Friday, January 30, 2009

"We like the ride and the comfort, Its very responsive, easy to adjust to cabin. High enough to see the roadway well yet running boards not necessary. ROOMY!!!"

Good car

By on Friday, November 30, 2007

"I bought the 2007 edition almost a year ago. So far so good. I wanted to buy a vehicle that was safer for my wife to drive due to living in a dangerous driving community. You get a little SUV and little sedan with this vehicle. It is very versatile and so far no mechanical problems. Apparently it is a magnet for dings and scratches though. Stop hitting my car! Pros: Decent gas mileage for SUV and very versatile. Cons: poor gitty up (would have bought the V-6 had I known it was lacking that department) and control consol could have been designed better."

Best value out there

By on Thursday, August 13, 2015

Pros: "Very reliable, low cost to operate, gas milage"

Cons: "rear door opens to the right"

"This is my second RAV 4. The first was a 2008 V4 that was trouble free for 196,000 miles. I was very pleased at the trade in value when I traded it for the 2011. Both have been extremely reliable and I have no grounds to complain. My current RAV 4 has the V6 and I do like the extra power. My only dislike is the read door opening to the right instead of the left. It makes sense in Japan but not the US."

very good vehicle, very responsive handling

By on Sunday, February 2, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, excellent handling in snow"

Cons: "gas mileage could be better than it is"

"We purchased the 2012 Rav4 new a year ago. It is a v-6 limited 4 wheel drive. We love it. No problems with 7000 miles on it. Heated leather seats are nice in the winter, but they are either on or off, no temperature control. However, comfortable ride on long drives. USB port and blue tooth hands free phone are nice. Lots of power for passing on steep uphills. It handles very responsively in snow packed and slick roads. Overall, we are very happy with the vehicle. Cons: For having the limited package, it doesn't have a JBL sound system, no light in the glove box, and not XM radio ready. No built in garage door opener like the 2007 Avalon has."

V-6 lots of power

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "V-6 Lots of power"

Favorite color

"Owner manual hard to follow. Limited Edition too complex. Bluetooth is nice-easy to use. Elect-assist-Power steering somewhat vague. Uses no oil. Liked free maintenance. Leased than purchased. Getting about 27 MPG on trips. About 20 MPG in city traffic. Five speed auto somewhat vague in shifting-not positive. Light-colored-leather-seats hard to keep clean-floor mats too. Tire pressure monitor can be troublesome-spare tire usually the problem."

Favorite color

Deal for the money

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Low maintenance costs, reliable"

Cons: "Fun factor of 2 on a scale of 10 - Boring"

"Nice SUV - The car is build very well and the styling is decent. Only thing that I don't like is the lack of power and the 4 speed auto. With the cruise control on a hilly road it is like being on a roller coaster ride. The transmission is always going up and down the gears. When it jumps down to grab a gear its loud and jerky. They really did a poor job on the power to gear ratio on this vehicle. It would be better suited with a CVT transmission or a six speed auto to smooth it out."