2010 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

Good Balance of Features and Price

By on Saturday, December 01, 2012

Pros: "Great value for the price, reasonable gas mileage."

Cons: "Some road noise at highway speeds."

"The V6 engine is a worthwhile option. It only gives up about 1 or 2 MPG, versus the 4 cyl, but gives a dramatic increase in performance, whether climbing mountain roads or passing trucks on the open highway. The seats are relatively comfortable, even on long trips. The car handles well at all speeds and on a variety of roads, although you get some road noise at higher speeds. If you're not hauling a whole soccer team or bales of hay for your horse, there's still plenty of room for 4 adults + 1 kid, or a reasonable amount of cargo with the rear seats folded down. Altogether, this is a reliable, economical SUV. I put 170k miles on my 1998 RAV4, traded it for a 2008 Sport V6 4x4, which now has 55k miles. I've been happy with both cars and would definitely buy another RAV4. But if you're thinking about the V6 engine, get one now because they're discontinued as of the 2013 model year."

Great small SUV but issues developed in time

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Reason: Issues

Pros: "roomy for a small SUV-good mileage-practical"

Cons: "Known issues that flare up. Do your research."

"We bought it used and I wanted to love this car but we traded it back in after 1 year of ownership. We started having issues with it within the first month. We bought a 4cyl model so I did not expect a rocket. The power that the 4cyl provide was adequate for what I thought it should have. If I wanted a rocket, I would have opted for the 6 cyl version. The interior was very roomy for 4 people but when adding the 5th, things got tight. Vacation was not fun with 3 kids in the back. Love the storage compartment in the belly of the rear. Rear seat would also slide forward or backward to provide more or less leg room when needed. The rear split seat will even recline to help with sleeping kids. Very practical car that was easy on gas. The automatic transmission did not shift properly from 3 to 4th. We found that if you manually shifted it, it was fine. The transmission never was to the point to where you could not drive with fear. Just annoying but we managed. I had read of issues with the transmission but never persued it since we found a workaround with manually shifting it. The VSC/4WD/ Maintenance required lights came on after a few months. In researching this, alot of owners are having issues as the miles rack up. The cruise control will not work when these warning lights are on. Our car never ran differently, so it was aggravating that the lights would come on and also make the cruise and 4WD inoperable. Some research suggested that it might be a costly CO2 sensor. We just kept driving it. Another known issue is to watch the oil level since the 4cyl and 6 cyl models are known to consume oil. The car never smoked, never was underpowered, nor leaked oil but would need oil added after 1000 miles. Not good when using full Synthetic oils. All in all, a good little car but try to purchase a warranty that will cover some of these known issues so your not left with the cost of these known issues. We traded it back to the Toyota dealer that sold it to us so we did not feel guilty of not telling them of the issues we had. We just disconnected the battery to reset the warning lights until we could trade it in. When doing this, our warning lights would stay off for about 40 miles before coming back on."

Excellent car for a reasonable price.

By on Friday, October 05, 2012

Pros: "Nice tight car. Have had zero problems."

Cons: "Dated styling."

"Great all around vehicle. The styling is getting dated. Don't care for the swing open tailgate, would rather it lifted up but the spare tire is on the tailgate. Have achieved 30 MPG on the highway. I average about 24-25 overall. A little more road noise than I would like but not too bad. Great for four passengers, tight for five. High enough for a better view of traffic."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted