2010 Toyota RAV4

Based on 584 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great vehicle with lots of room

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

"Love this SUV just would like a new model with updated features"

OWNED CAR FROM BEGINING - HAD ALL SERVICES DONE

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "GREAT FOR MY NEPHEWS DAUGHTER"

"GREAT VEHICLE"

It is a great car.

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

"I love my car."

Excellent vehicle, no major issues.

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "Excellent in snow, no major issues."

Cons: "Spare tire on rear door."

"This is my second RAV4. It has never given me any problems beyond the normal wear. The only problem I have with this model is the spare tire on the rear gate which blocks the view when backing up and sometimes squeaks when there is moisture in the attachment to the the door. Excellent in snow, especially with traction control."

Disappointment is putting it mildly! POOR Mileage

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Looks nice with lots of built in storage areas."

Cons: "UNBELIEVABLY POOR GAS MILEAGE. NOT Comfortable."

"First of all let me say that my wife and I are not hot rod kids. Were 70 & 71 and know how to drive a car to achieve the best mileage possible. We bought this as a compromise/replacement unit for my large F-150 Ford(which I sold)and wife's 2006 Buick Lucerne. Long and short trips with an occasional need for a towing vehicle for my small boat. (short distances) The Rav-4 Limited looks great and has lots of different compartments for personal and extra spare articles but that's about the only positive things I can say for it. The following issues are my complaints on this vehicle. The #1 issue is gas consumption. I am simply amazed at the gas usage of this 4 cylinder engine. We have owned mostly Buick's with the 3800 6 cylinder engines and have always got anywhere from 26-32 Highway/trip MPG with the LeSabres and even got 24-28 MPG with a Olds Aurora 8 cylinder. Our current 2006 Buick Lucerne still runs but has a high 162K miles on it and still gets around 22-24 AVERAGE MPG and 26-29 Highway. We have taken trips with this Rav-4 ranging from 60 miles, 200 miles and a 800 miles trip back and forth to WI and this vehicle barely averaged 23 MPG. Now these trips are almost non-stop (no Towns/mostly Interstate) so it's just set the cruse and go. On one trip I really milked it staying below the speed limit (60-65) and tried my best to get the best possible mileage out of this. I got 25.1 MPG one way but was back down to 24+ by the end of the 200 mile trip. There must have been a tail wind the one way. NO Power and if there are ANY slopes or hills the car downshifts and you know it is really laboring & sucking gas. I have taken the time to watch the instant mileage and know this for a fact. They claim it is suppose to get 27 MPG highway. NO WAY! The gas mileage that this vehicle gets is actually shameful especially for a small 4 cylinder car. Shame, Shame! Another item that I thought was missing was that the car doesn't have safety locks so when you get in to drive it the doors don't lock by themselves. I thought that every vehicle had these now days. The next thing that I found was there is NO leg room for an average size person. I am only 5'9" and can't come near to stretching out my legs periodically to be more comfortable. Just really cramped up! The electric seat does go WAY forward. if your a midget you got it made. You could almost squeeze a softball against the steering wheel going forward but very little adjustment back for anyone with average leg length. One more complaint is that this vehicle does NOT have a built in compass which is commonplace in most all newer cars. Last issue with this car is the drivers seat where the horizontal and vertical portions come together, your tailbone seems to be hitting or rubbing on a hard frame area. As with other honest reviews I can also agree that there is a great deal of road noise. Sounds like there is NO type of under body insulation at all. This is my FIRST foreign car purchased and can only sum up this review by saying this! Biggest Disappointment in a vehicle in my lifetime. We could NOT recommend this for anyone. The gas usage will kill you. Sincerely presented with total honesty by just another one of those everyday working guys that feel he has been drastically short changed on a major purchase."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25