2009 Toyota RAV4

Based on 696 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Super efficient and reliable

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, mpg averages 25+mpg (129000 miles)"

"My Rav4 is a 2002. I purchased it when it had 92,000 miles on it. That was 4.5 years ago. It has been reliable beyond belief. I LOVE the wide opening back door (forget those lift-up hacthbacks). And I wasn't afraid to buy it with 92,000 miles on it because it's a Toyota. It's my 5th Toyota. And I've owned Ford, Nissan, Mazda in the past also."

Low maintenance, fun to drive vehicle.

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "Good HP, fun to drive, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Width too narrow"

"I have a 2007, V6 limited edition. Vehilce is very quick and lots of room for it's size, just a little narrow. Vehicle is also low maintenance and at 90,000 miles still runs like new. The V6 with 269 HP is quick and fun to drive. My only complaint is that the vehicle is too narrow. Needs to be about another 2-3 inches wider (need more elbow room). Also,get's good gas mileage, even with the V6 engine. A good choice if you are single or have a small family. Would not recommend for a large family."

Love the Toyota Rav 4, 4 cylinder, 4x4 AWD ......

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pros: "Very fun to drive."

Cons: "Needs lower gear and better interior."

"My gas mileage is averaging 24 with air conditioning. Since I have changed the transmission fluid and differential grease to synthetic and have not needed air conditioning in the last two weeks, my mileage has went up to 26.2-3 . I also like being able to put this vehicle in 4x4 and it will not come out until you reach a speed of 35 mile an hour. It is also automatic 4x4. It will be in t\front wheel drive until a wheel slips and them the 4 wheel kicks in. I do wish the interior was a little better, I have the base model. I also wish it had a lower crawling gear, low is OK but needs to be lower."

Great little SUV

By on Sunday, April 24, 2011

"This has been a great car, our first Toyota. We are usually Honda people, but have had just as much reliability with the RAV. It has great power, almost too much. We have the V6. Step on the peddle, this little sucker really moves in a hurry. Great car for winter roads, make often trips to upstate New York. We use it to tow our pop up trailer, always a champ. Outstanding sound system, have the premium system with nice subwoofers. Would like if it were a little more air-tight (like our Hondas), but we also have the 18" tires that are quite noisy. Which leads me to our only complaint - - cost of replacing the tires - - very expensive. Has been great car, no issues at all. City MPG average about 22, Hwy 25."

recall or no, great cars!!!

By on Friday, August 20, 2010

"I first leased a Rav4 in '02 then realized that I drove way too many miles for that to be a good idea. Therefore in '06 I PURCHASED my 2nd Rav4, which had been redesigned and made with substantially more space inside. I Loved it...as I still do today. I have been so comfortable (as my friends have also) in my Rav4 that in barely 4yrs, I have managed to put 91000.0 miles on my trusted Toyota. And she still performs for me as I expect, EVERYDAY! With the necessary upkeep this Toyota, as well as any I've ever been aware of, continues to be an absolutely reliable and comfortable car while also maintaining a nice appearance."

No complaints!

By on Friday, May 7, 2010

"After 2 1/2 years of owning one that had previously been in service for 6 months, we haven't had any major problems. I'm beginning to feel like getting the extra warranty was a waste of money! We've only spent repair money on wear and tear thus far. This has been a really great car - decent mileage, drives nicely, lots of room, reliable, and in a pinch we could sleep in it! Very happy so far!"

Great all around vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"This is my first Toyota and for what it is I'm pleased. The 3.5 V6 engine makes this very sporty along with very good MPG's, I get 21 city and 29 HWY! The 2012 Rav4 will have a lift-up hatch, too bad we must wait but think I'll trade up because of this, the swing out door is okay but a weakness in my book. I got the sport model without the wart of a spare tire overhanging the rear bumper, by the way insurance was less because of this because the tire hits before the bumper causing far too much damage in minor fender benders. One year cost me $679 with full coverage."

Wonderful SUV

By on Sunday, September 20, 2009

"This 2009 RAV4 V-6 Limited has all the bells and whistles with magnificent power. It is fun to drive and has all of the luxuries as my 1996 Lexus (When you get the extra packages.) It is much roomier than the previous smaller models; plenty big for my needs. I would highly recommend this vehicle."

Almost Perfect

By on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"I have the base model, V6, AWD, with the 3rd row seat. This would be the perfect car, if the seats were not so uncomfortable. I've tried every adjustment without any success. My wife has no trouble with the seats, so she now drives it. We've had 7 people in it many times, but the back row is best for little kids. Great in the snow, and we have had absolutely no mechanical problems in 30K miles. Averages about 24mpg. Before you buy one, borrow or rent one for a week to make sure you are OK with the seat comfort."

Good buy

By on Monday, September 22, 2008

"Got almost 29 MPG on a recent road trip, with the 6 cyl engine. Has more than enough power for the longest hills. Does not hold the road as good as my old Lexus and not as comfortable. Much better than big three SUVs. Not the most styelish car on the road but did not buy for style."