2009 Toyota RAV4

Based on 670 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Great purchase

By on Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pros: "best purchase for your money!"

Cons: "needs a little more leg room in the front"

"I just recently purchased this vehicle about 3 months ago and really love it. It has alot of room and drives great. I had been looking for a while for something to replace my old car and finally decided on this one due to we had already purchased a toyota for my daughter and she has really loved hers but I needed something bigger and this one is perfect for what we needed and fit into our price range.If you are looking for a nice family car and one that is affordable I would recommend this one."

Love the Toyota Rav 4, 4 cylinder, 4x4 AWD ......

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pros: "Very fun to drive."

Cons: "Needs lower gear and better interior."

"My gas mileage is averaging 24 with air conditioning. Since I have changed the transmission fluid and differential grease to synthetic and have not needed air conditioning in the last two weeks, my mileage has went up to 26.2-3 . I also like being able to put this vehicle in 4x4 and it will not come out until you reach a speed of 35 mile an hour. It is also automatic 4x4. It will be in t\front wheel drive until a wheel slips and them the 4 wheel kicks in. I do wish the interior was a little better, I have the base model. I also wish it had a lower crawling gear, low is OK but needs to be lower."

Love my Rav

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"This is a great, reliable car. I have had it over 4 years now and still love it. My last car I bought new and got rid of it within 3 years. I bought the Rav slightly used but it performs like new even today. This is a very versatile vehicle, it can handle camping trips, bikes, triathlons, road trips or any thing with the dog. If kids ever come into the picture I know I will be a good fit. My sister has a CRV, it is nice, but the engine is kind of wimpy. I feel safe and the V-6 rocks! It handles well in snow, even with just front wheel drive. Love my Rav!"

Almost Perfect

By on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"I have the base model, V6, AWD, with the 3rd row seat. This would be the perfect car, if the seats were not so uncomfortable. I've tried every adjustment without any success. My wife has no trouble with the seats, so she now drives it. We've had 7 people in it many times, but the back row is best for little kids. Great in the snow, and we have had absolutely no mechanical problems in 30K miles. Averages about 24mpg. Before you buy one, borrow or rent one for a week to make sure you are OK with the seat comfort."

better than my caddie

By on Friday, January 30, 2009

"We like the ride and the comfort, Its very responsive, easy to adjust to cabin. High enough to see the roadway well yet running boards not necessary. ROOMY!!!"

Decent vehicle overall

By on Saturday, June 14, 2008

"The RAV4 (I have Sport trim, 4WD) drives very well, more like a car than a truck, which is how most SUV's drive. It has a very smooth ride. Pickup is excellent at stop lights. Rear is roomy. I've had it 2 years and put a lot of miles on it. I had to replace the battery recently - don't know why, nor could dealership tell me. Toyota cut some corners on interior things, like storage bin in front dash -- when accelerating, things fall out. Push button for 2nd glove box in dash works inconsistently and feels cheap -- sometimes you have to open it manually. Lever in trunk area to fold down rear seats not too good, and I had to have it fixed. Stereo is very poor quality. Auxiliary input poorly placed inside center armrest - you have to close the lid on the wire to use armrest when playing iPod or satellite radio (which is not an option with the stereo on this model). I know people love Toyotas and Consumer Reports always gives them glowing reviews. I'm not too crazy about mine and am considering trading it in for something else with better gas mileage."

Fabric problems

By on Sunday, March 09, 2008

"Love everything about my Base model RAV4 except for its upholstery. At 3 months and less than 5500 miles the front door panels and front seats and seat backs are showing wear. It's a fuzzy "pilling" look. Never had a car do this so early on. The dealer called in a factory rep who declared it "normal wear and tear". I'm really glad I'm past the stage of hauling kids and their gear. I don't think the interior would survive. Wish now I had gone for the Limited trim level with leather."

Good car

By on Friday, November 30, 2007

"I bought the 2007 edition almost a year ago. So far so good. I wanted to buy a vehicle that was safer for my wife to drive due to living in a dangerous driving community. You get a little SUV and little sedan with this vehicle. It is very versatile and so far no mechanical problems. Apparently it is a magnet for dings and scratches though. Stop hitting my car! Pros: Decent gas mileage for SUV and very versatile. Cons: poor gitty up (would have bought the V-6 had I known it was lacking that department) and control consol could have been designed better."

All but the seats

By on Thursday, October 25, 2007

"The RAV4 has been a reliable, roomy vehicle. It handles well during bad weather and drives like a small car, easy to handle and manuever. It also gets very good gas mileage. The only feature I would change is the seating. Not very comfortable on long drives and the seat fabric pulls very easily and looks worn before its time."

very good vehicle, very responsive handling

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, excellent handling in snow"

Cons: "gas mileage could be better than it is"

"We purchased the 2012 Rav4 new a year ago. It is a v-6 limited 4 wheel drive. We love it. No problems with 7000 miles on it. Heated leather seats are nice in the winter, but they are either on or off, no temperature control. However, comfortable ride on long drives. USB port and blue tooth hands free phone are nice. Lots of power for passing on steep uphills. It handles very responsively in snow packed and slick roads. Overall, we are very happy with the vehicle. Cons: For having the limited package, it doesn't have a JBL sound system, no light in the glove box, and not XM radio ready. No built in garage door opener like the 2007 Avalon has."

V-6 lots of power

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "V-6 Lots of power"

Favorite color

"Owner manual hard to follow. Limited Edition too complex. Bluetooth is nice-easy to use. Elect-assist-Power steering somewhat vague. Uses no oil. Liked free maintenance. Leased than purchased. Getting about 27 MPG on trips. About 20 MPG in city traffic. Five speed auto somewhat vague in shifting-not positive. Light-colored-leather-seats hard to keep clean-floor mats too. Tire pressure monitor can be troublesome-spare tire usually the problem."

Favorite color

Deal for the money

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Low maintenance costs, reliable"

Cons: "Fun factor of 2 on a scale of 10 - Boring"

"Nice SUV - The car is build very well and the styling is decent. Only thing that I don't like is the lack of power and the 4 speed auto. With the cruise control on a hilly road it is like being on a roller coaster ride. The transmission is always going up and down the gears. When it jumps down to grab a gear its loud and jerky. They really did a poor job on the power to gear ratio on this vehicle. It would be better suited with a CVT transmission or a six speed auto to smooth it out."

2011 Toyota Rav4

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "MPG, handling"

Cons: "tires that come with it only lasted 25,000 miles"

"I really like my vehicle. I live in a rural area and average 28 MPG. I have 42,000 miles on it and thought it might be time for new brakes even though I was not having any problems. I had them checked by a mechanic and he said I had another 10,000 miles before I would need new ones. We get a lot of snow here and I have no problems getting around with this vehicle. This is my third Rav4 and I love them."

Great Shape and Reliable

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

"Vehicle taken care of , is in great shape and fun to drive. Very reliable vehicle."

This is a great car!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Reasonable price, fun to drive"

Cons: "Mileage only fair, road noise is noticeable"

"This car has plenty of power and drives very well. Mileage could be a little better, only get around 20 MPG around-town driving. Road noise can be a little annoying on long trips or rough pavement, but otherwise very happy with this car."

Love Toyota! My favorite vehicle ever owned!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, fun"

Cons: "Not the best gas mileage at 24 to 28 mpg"

"I've had this vehicle for 2 years and it has not needed one thing! Driven it across the country twice and it is roomy and comfortable. Love the leather interior and heated seats! Also, really love the Toyota care with free oil changes for 2 years! We get about 24 to 28 mpg, and after having a Prius, I wish the mileage was better. We have 4WD which has also come in handy a few times. Toyota has always treated us well and would not sell this SUV except we have moved oversees and can't ship it! Now it is in storage in Ohio! At least is has not been driven in snow...strictly from the South! I highly recommend Toyota for quality reliable vehicles!"

Excellent vehicle with fantastic gas mileage

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "Mileage and reliability plus handling"

Cons: "Seats could be more comfortable"

"30 mpg highway actual, excellent traction control, no mechanical failures, seats could be more comfortable."

I love this car!

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Too numerous for 50 characters or less."

Cons: "Back wiper doesn't pivot out enough for a squegee."

"We're in the process of driving the wheels off this car. Almost 5 years old, 120K miles, and it's not given us a bit of trouble. Traded in a Corolla with 208K miles for this car and while I miss the mileage, I like that the Rav sits up higher and I like the v6 for merging. We have two med. size (60-70 lbs) dogs that ride perfectly in the back."

Overall nice value

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, interior storage, MPG"

Cons: "loud interior"

"Overall the car is a nice value. The interior seems a bit noisy compared to other cars.. like the other car we own which is a Prius.. you get a lot of wind and road noise in the interior. I have had a few issues that needed to be resolved but otherwise I realy like the size of the RAV4 and driving it. I like that all the seats in the back fold completely flat.. I have had 10' 2x4s on the inside of the vehicle, nothing sticking out of a window or anything. 8' 2x4s fit well."

Best SUV By FAR

By on Thursday, March 18, 2010

"Had a 2003 Rav L AWD. Loved everything about it except acceleration. No power for a 4 cyl. Traded for a 2006 Rav Limited AWD. The 2006 Rav Styling took a while for me to adjust. The ride, power and comfort blew me away for the money a great buy. And great in the Snow, never got stuck."

Excellent vehicle

By on Monday, December 28, 2009

"The RAV4 is an excellent vehicle that for its size provides tremendous versatility, economy and performance. Toyota quality is certainly present and I would recommend this vehicle to friends and family."

Not one problem!

By on Sunday, August 09, 2009

"I have owned this car for 18 months and have yet to take it to the dealer for anything. I have had the usual oil changes, etc but absolutely no warranty problems. I have had Toyotas before and have always been great but my Rav4 is amazing. I love Toyota!!"

Perfect snow-belt mobile

By on Wednesday, July 01, 2009

"We don't do much hiway driving, so went w/the 4cyl. +V6 was $2k more. Haven't been disappointed. We average 26-28mpg in mostly around-town driving. Try that with a US built SUV. 28k mi & 2yrs later, all we've had to do is routine maintenance. (oil changes & tire rotations). The previous US made vehicle was in the shop at least 6-8 times before 25k. This thing is THE PERFECT New England snow-belt mobile. Sure, the 50/50 lock kicks out at 25mph. If its that slippery, you shouldn't be going any faster!!! Its perfect for my wife's commute to our small-town hospital. The 18in Yokohama's don't have the best wear ratings. We'll be looking for something a bit more durable to replace them before winter. Several folks at work have similar models (1 a V6 for towing) and our Co. purchased one. Have already recommended Rav's."

Great Vehicle!

By on Monday, June 08, 2009

"I purchased my RAV4 last year, new and it has been a fantastic vehicle, something that I've come to expect and love about Toyotas. The V6 gives me the power I need when I need it, it is *absolutely* reliable, sporty and good looking and comfortable. As with any Toyota I've ever owned, you take care of it, and it takes care of you. No problems with the vehicle (power train or anyting) whatsoever. My disabled father sits comfortably in the back seat and with the back seats down, it can haul an amazing amount of stuff! I drove this vehicle through the worst winter in almost 100 years and it performed in very deep snow as good as any 4x4 truck I've ever owned. The blutooth interface is so handy for hands free as well. I am absolutely in LOVE with this vehicle! Only 2 complaints. The true 4x4 split kicks off at about 25 mph which seems fine but would be better if it ran through about 30 or 35mph. Also, it has a kind of tricky blind spot on the drivers side, you have to pay pretty close attention changing lanes, etc but once you're used to it, its okay, certainly not a deal breaker. I'd recommend RAVs to anyone thinking of purchasing. They're fabulous vehicles! :)"

I love my Ravvie!!!!

By on Friday, April 10, 2009

"I absolutely LOVE my RAV4!! It's stylish, classy, fast, comfortable, dependable, had no problems with it whatsoever. I bought her last July and have been on 2 road trips, and I'm very happy with my purchase. I plan to keep it for a long time! If you want a nice sized SUV that's not too expensive and that doesn't break your bank as far as gas, and something stylish and dependable, definitely get the RAV4. You won't be disappointed! I gave it all 5 stars across the board!"