2009 Toyota RAV4

Based on 629 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

BETTER than CRV

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"Everything is great and looks great! It's supereasy to change a tire or do an oil change on it. (Oil pan and filter are both in the front right corner.) It's the best SUV in emissions and MPG. It also tops the list on Consumer Reports. The only thing it misses, is an adjustable lumbar and thigh support for the drivers seat. And the '06 models do not have standard courtain and side airbags. The electronic acceleration has a 1 second delay when you step on the gas peddal. It keeps from tearing up the engine and is easy to get used to. Everything else, quality, as I said is great."

so-so

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"I have had my '06 Rav4 for almost two years. 18,000 miles and no problems except for the radio display wigging out from time to time, and the tire pressure sensor light staying on even when the tires are properly inflated. A good all around SUV, but if you don't like the feeling of half car half truck, this is not the vehicle for you. It is very tippy and does NOT handle well in the snow, even with four wheel drive. I had to rock the car in the locked four wheel drive before it would push through less than a foot of snow. It wanders everywhere and does not inspire confidence even at safe low speeds when driving through slush snow and ice. You can't let rain or snow get on the door controls in cold weather they will freeze and you can't lock or unlock the car! The tranny is not very smooth and wants to jerk at times, also the brakes are soft for this large of a vehicle. The tow package does not include the wiring to the back or the plug, you pay extra for that. Nor do you get the reciever you have to buy it separately, and also buy a goose neck hitch. Whatever you tow will make the back end SAG. It is too low to the ground. The V-6 is nice when you need it, but the car overall is kind of boring to drive. When you want it to act like a car, it's like a truck, and when you need it to act like a truck it's like a car. If you need the gas mileage and utility, buy it. If you need the solidity of a truck and real world towing, then buy a truck based SUV. Buy what suits your needs, and you'll be happy no matter what!"

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

Superior multi purpose vehicle

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"My 2006 RAV-4 is a great all-around vehicle. The V-6 moves the vehicle with authority while still delivering an impressive 28+ mpg on the hiway. The seats are comfortable and provide great visibility. The rear cargo area is both spacious and versatile, with large compartments to secure/hide your belongings. The 4-wheel drive is simple to engage and gives you confidence to tackle snow, mud, and back country roads. Needed improvements: The spare tire cover on the Base model is extremely difficult to remove. If it was cold or wet outside, it would be impossible for many people to access the spare. Some of the interior trim on the dash is poorly finished, giving a low-end look and feel to an otherwise tidy cockpit. The engine is very responsive, but the throttle is too sensitive and takes a good deal of getting used to. Otherwise, this is an outstanding value in a small SUV - highly capable and a pleasure to drive."

Beware, the V6 has a rocket engine!

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"I have owned this V6 Limited 4 Wheel Drive beast for 7 months already, and I am enjoying every millisecond owning and driving it!!! However, if you are faint at heart, don't buy the V6 coz it's a speed and acceleration monster. The V6 seems to be "always" looking forward to lurch forward and fly and tell the driver "I got more power than you think." The first time I took the V6 to task for its claimed horsepower, I almost felt the car did take off from the ground a bit. God, I will never floor it again! Passing on the highways is a cakewalk. At 33,000 dollars with DVD, leather seats spoilers and stepbars, etc and power everything, " every penny I spent on Rav 4 is worth it." Plus at 23 MPG average, you can never go wrong."

Flint Mica Rav-4

By on Friday, December 14, 2007

"This vehicle suprises me it has alot of power I can pass eaisly on the highway and it get great gas mileage for a small suv. I like the sporty look they gave the Rav. I never thought I would own one and now we do."

So Far Happy

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"We needed a car rather quickly since our mini van was totaled. We didn't want another mini van, so we looked at the smaller SUVs. I didn't want a gas guzzler since I already got rid of one 8 months ago so we looked at a few from different car companies. After a lot of research, my wife liked the Rav4 and I liked the great gas mileage. We bought it pre-owned but it looked like it was brand new, so we jumped on it. I do agree with most of you about the comfort. I don't find it very comfortable while driving. I'm going to look into getting a cushion for the seats. It is roomy and like the tight steering. We have yet to take it on a long road trip, but I figure we'll need a luggage shell for the roof rack. Feels solid while driving and as for the price, yes a little pricey -that's why we bought a certified pre-owned."

uncomfortable ride

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"The rav4 is appealing looking but without side molding strips is prone to dings. The front driver's seat is not comfortable and the gas milage is not great. The ride is bumpy."

By on Saturday, December 01, 2007

Good car

By on Friday, November 30, 2007

"I bought the 2007 edition almost a year ago. So far so good. I wanted to buy a vehicle that was safer for my wife to drive due to living in a dangerous driving community. You get a little SUV and little sedan with this vehicle. It is very versatile and so far no mechanical problems. Apparently it is a magnet for dings and scratches though. Stop hitting my car! Pros: Decent gas mileage for SUV and very versatile. Cons: poor gitty up (would have bought the V-6 had I known it was lacking that department) and control consol could have been designed better."

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

good for my needs

By on Saturday, November 24, 2007

"good vision, seats easy to manage, good handling, a little slow on pickup."

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The perfect small SUV

By on Wednesday, November 07, 2007

"This is the perfect vehicle for us. It drives like a car, but it is also an SUV with all of the many advantages you get with an SUV. The styling is great, the seats are comfortable, the ride is smooth, there is enough room with the seats down to haul just about anything, and the RAV handles just fine. We could not ask for more."

Good choice

By on Saturday, November 03, 2007

"Wanting to buy American I almost bought the Potiac Torrent SUV. I learned that the Torrent had a Chineese engine and a Japaneese transmission. So much for buying American. I bought an '06 RAV4 Limited in Feb o6 so it is a year and 9 months old and I now have 33,000 miles on it. A very happy 33K miles. Just checked the resale values vs the Torrent and for a private party sale the RAV4 is worth $5,935 more than the Torrent. I am averaging 25 city and 28 highway MPG. One of the reasons I bought the RAV4 had an EPA estimate that was 4MPG than the Torrent. I calculated with my 18K to 20K a year I would save about $300+ a year on gas - and that was at $2.50 a gallon. Now looking at the resale I sure am glad I bought the Toyota."

Disappointing

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"I am very disappointed with the new Rav4. I was a diehard Toyota fan and drove the old style Rav4 for 9 years. I would rather have it back. My new one has been in the shop several times already with fairly minor issues except for one--it has a surge problem. I would not recommend this car."

great for what it is designed for

By on Thursday, October 25, 2007

"I IWN A 2006 RAV 4 SPORT V6 WITH 13500 MILES. SO FAR IT HAS BEEN GREAT FOR DEPENDABILITY, LOOKS, AND SPONK. HOWEVER I WISH IT WOULD GET BETTER GAS MILIAGE. OTHER THAN THAT I REALLY LIKE IT, AND WOULD, AND HAVE RECOMMENDED IT TO OTHERS. AS FAR AS COMFORT IT NEEDS MORE COMFORTABLE FRONT SEATS."

All but the seats

By on Thursday, October 25, 2007

"The RAV4 has been a reliable, roomy vehicle. It handles well during bad weather and drives like a small car, easy to handle and manuever. It also gets very good gas mileage. The only feature I would change is the seating. Not very comfortable on long drives and the seat fabric pulls very easily and looks worn before its time."

Great Little SUV

By on Monday, October 22, 2007

"I have had several 4Runners and a LandCruiser and this 07 RAV4 is so much fun. I got the V6 and get 23MPG on a constant 50/50 City Highway combined. It is fast and has tons of room, I highly recommend it."

great vehicle love it

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"very good vehicle only one thing you should get 6 cylinder. plenty of rear seat room runs like a dream get one if you can"

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"Love my car! Nimble driving, great looks and roomy interior. Kids agree with me. Only change i would have made is to buy the fancy limited model!"

Room- Room - Room

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"This is the most amazing vehicle we've owned yet. So much room in the back seat, it's unreal...and the seats recline... yes, the back seats! Easily fits a family of 4 and their luggage with a dog kennel to spare. A most comfortable ride cross country multiple times! The 4-cylinder is a bit sluggish, but the vehicle itself is just awesome. We average 27-28 mpg and have topped out at 31 highway. It's a great family and dog hauler. We would high recommend it!"

Rav4 Sport

By on Saturday, October 06, 2007

"This vehicle is the real deal! The combination of power it provides and the mileage it gets are unparallelled in any other that I've driven. The backseat has plenty of room to stretch out my 6'2" frame. My only complaint is that the driving position is a bit tight for me. My smaller wife loves to drive it....everywhere. So much so that we need a 50K warranty. This one will be up in a year and a half!"

By on Saturday, October 06, 2007

A Bit Disappointing

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"The Sport 4WD - a bit disappointing for two reasons. First, the mileage is advertised at 23/27, I'm getting about 19/23. The second is the drive-by-wire feature that results in hesitation when trying to accelerate from a dead stop (whether the engine is warm or cool). Unlike others, I find it fairly comfortable (I'm six feet tall). The instruments are well located and user-friendly."