2009 Toyota RAV4

Based on 604 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Previous | 1 ... 22 23 24 25 | Next

Thinking about getting rid of it!

By on Monday, October 01, 2007

"The RAV4 is the most uncomfortable vehicle I have ever ridden in and that is just the front seats. The back seats are more like a park bench.We are thinking about trading it in for a mini van. We had 3 vans before buying the RAV4 and loved them. As others posted it does hesitate when you stop and go; there is a noise like a window is partially open when driving on the highway; I don't know what to do with my left arm when sitting in the passenger seat, because the arm rest is too low; never have gotten the mileage we should be getting, which was one reason we bought it. I think it is kind of cute , easy handling, and quite a bit of cargo space, but we aren't very happy with it overall."

RAV4 SPORT V6 4X4

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

"GREAT CAR, NO PROBLEMS AT ALL, QUICK, GOOD GAS MILEAGE."

A BIG FLOP

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"BAD POINTS 1]THE 4 WHEEL DRIVE SHUTS OFF AT 25 MPH 2] WHERE IS THE 25 TO 28 MPH,HOW ABOUT 19 MPH 3] CANT OPERATE THE RADIO WHEN IT ABOVE 90 DEGREES OUTSIDE,BUT OF COURSE IT WORKS WHEN YOU BRING IT IN FOR SERVICE 4] THE SEATS ARE A JOKE FOR SOMEONE WHO IS 6" 2. GOOD POINTS-THE LOOKS"

Versatile!

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"I love my Rav4. I got the very basic features and have put nearly 40K miles on it in a year. I've made many drives back and forth between school in Oregon and home in So.Cal. For not having AWD, it does quite well offroad. I also love the fold down seats. When laid down flat, is the perfect dimensions for an air mattress or sleeping bag for those times you want to go urban camping and are too cheap for a motel. Or for out in the woods when your tent fails you."

A bit of luxury would be nice!

By on Sunday, September 23, 2007

"We bought our 07 Rav4 Limited (V6) in March of 07 and love most everything about it. It is really cute and has a lot of room for a "small" SUV. The sound system and BLUETOOTH option are great. The v6 is a fast and peppy engine, but a sportier (less spongy) suspension could really enhance the performance. I am used to driving a smaller and sportier car, though, so I may be a bit off as to expectations with regard to performance and this sort of vehicle. The things I would change about the RAV: I would've loved to have had the option of a DVD and Navigation system...like its competitors offer. The seating is not as comfortable as I expected and I can never get it adjusted quitre right (in my Beetle the seat fits like a glove). The headlights should automatically turn off or at least beep for you (the dummy signal as my husband calls it). Overall, it is fun and cute for a family mobile! Our Rav4 was totaled in an accident 2 days ago. I am fine and our 4.5 month old is fine and we are already in the process of ordering another. Kudos!"

Better than a Jetta!

By on Saturday, September 22, 2007

"I used to have a Jetta 1.8T which I loved, but needed to upgrade with a baby on the way. I love the RAV, plenty of room, stylish, zippy. I have the limited, but feel like some parts of a little cheaply made. After long drives too, seats aren't super comfy but all in all I love it! The back seats are great too, plenty of leg room!"

Excellent Choice

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"I looked for a year to replace my minivan since my children are now grown & gone. I have always bought American cars, but just couldn't find anything that met my needs. I bought the '06 Limited 2 wheel drive with the V6. It flies like the wind, and gets ~25mpg around the city and ~29mph highway. It has a great sound system and lots of room for hauling everything I need to. There is great legroom in the back seat which is very hard to find in most cars. I don't like that I have to get the oil changed at the dealer since they haven't released the oil filter to the aftermarket. This makes my routine maintenance slow and overly expensive. The seats get a little uncomfortable near the end of a long trip, but all in all I love it."

fantastic

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"I was coming off a NEON (no-brainer, needed a safer car). My only complaint is that I did not get the 6 cyl - this was a "USED" vehicle, got a great discount on it!! the pick-up from starting is a little slow. Can't wait to use it in the snow!!!! My relatives drive a Santa Fe (Hyundai), and will probably trade that in soon for this car!! I have no complaints w/ the cupholders - there is the smaller version, which lifts out for a "large/jumbo" size cup"

small family's dream

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"I am personally not a fan of SUV's but the new RAV Makes it easier. Much better on the eyes than previous years and is has plenty zip for 4 cyl. No problems at all. great in all season's and great handling (NY Taxi dodger) decent gas mileage approx 30 mpg. Just started family and It holds the stuff!!! won't be disappointed"

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

By on Thursday, September 06, 2007

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Rav4 - V6 - 2006

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

"We've had the rav4 since the new style came out in 06. The v6 has wonderful power, performance, and handling. The interior has plenty of space, storage, and great design w/plenty of standard useful features."

SUV size with Car Value

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"I have had my Rav for about 8 months now and overall I really like it! I have been getting 21 to 25 mpg around town and a little better than that highway. It is a fun car to drive however, the performance of the 4 cyl. is very sluggish at times. Looking back I problably should have gone with the V6. The big plus for the Rav is the interior space and the style - this is a huge improvement over the previous versions that looked like jellybeans with wheels!"

RAV 4 is impressive

By on Saturday, August 18, 2007

"Good gas mileage and nice package for SUV. Can't beat reliability of Toyota. The blizzard pearl color on the Limited is real nice."

Love it!!

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"I bought the 4 cylinder, which does lag when you really jump on it but just a bit. It's a good trade off though as the gas mileage is better than advertised."

Happy but...

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"Great fuel economy, room, comfy seats, power. As with Toyota - road noise is an issue."

Suv, not a sportscar

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"Limited 6cyl. 4wd. I drive conservative. 95% Hiway commute 55miles total, use cruise control and get 28mpg. Took a trip via interstate of 600 miles,RAV was loaded up with stuff, ran 75-80 and got 25mpg. If I have to do a lot of stop & go, it gets about 24mpg. I'm not near a large city so traffic is not a problem (as far as having to move quickly and accelerate). This is the first SUV I've owned and quickly realized it doesn't handle like a sedan, but it's not bad. You feel secure taking a curve or avoiding something in the road. I do feel some hesitation at about 10mph (decelerate & accelerate) but I quickly got a feel for it."

Great Except for....

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"This vehicle is a vast improvement over the previous RAV4 versions, so I commend Toyota for making an already great vehicle even better. My favorite improvements: it is much roomier and more powerful than previous models. Visibility and safety features are top-notch as well. My only serious complaint (and I've talked to many buyers who have the exact same complaint) is that the stated gas mileage rating is rarely attained. Most purchasers in actual driving conditions get substantially lower gas mileage. When one considers the fact that I chose the 4-cylinder model expressly because in this age of high gas prices another mile or so per gallon mattered, I am very bothered by this. My Toyota Tundra truck and my previous RAV4 got better gas mileage than the '06 RAV4. I certainly did not intend to move backwards in this area. The Sport model I drive is rated between 23 and 28 mpg, but I habitually get only between 20 and 21 mpg (I even had Toyota check for any possible mechanical reason, but they told me the vehicle has no defect that could impact the mileage). Only once on a day trip did I ever get 23 mpg. Anyhow, if gas mileage is not a major concern for you, this is a wonderful way to get from point A to point B. Otherwise, I suggest you test drive it long enough to assess its TRUE gas mileage."

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"This is actually a really good choice. If you can, replace the radio with an Eclipse after market radio package. Add a rear-view camera, navigation, and dvd player. I think you'll like. The rear-view camera makes a big difference. Perhaps a tad rough on some rough roads, but honesty, we really are quite pleased."

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

Wont own anything else!

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"WHY WOULD YOU EVER OWN ANYTHING OTHER THAN A TOYOTA. MY NEW RAV4 V6 SPORT 4WD IS EVERYTHING I EXPECTED AND MORE. I ACTUALLY GET BETTER GAS MILLAGE THAN THEY PROJECTED. THE ACCELERATION IS AMAZING AND I CONSTANTLY FIND MYSELF THINKING I'M IN A SPORTS CAR. I'M A 37 YEAR OLD DOCTOR AND MOTHER OF TWO SO YOU CAN IMAGINE I'M ALWAYS ON THE GO. DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO WITHOUT MY RAV. 5TH TOYOTA, THANKS TOYOTA"

Best choice in SUV

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"Love the milage, interior space and comfort."

2006 sport V4

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"the bad part: (1) misleading 4WD which operates only when running below 25mph, (2) gas mileage barely able to get 21 miles/gal while being advertised to get 23 - 28 miles/gal, (3) have very tight seatbelts, and (4) worst design of CUP HOLDERS in front. the good part: (1) very smooth at cornering, (2) for a V4, acceleration is adequate for the vehicle size, (3) outside noice barely audible even at high speed, (4) very spacious inside and sound system is more than you can expect.. they really sound great!!!, and (5) 5th door opens horizontally. the best part: everything inside is very user friendly and simple to use. NO COMPLICATED FEATURES. even the cruise control needs no 'getting use to' thing."

Previous | 1 ... 22 23 24 25 | Next