2009 Toyota RAV4

Based on 652 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

great small suv

By on Saturday, March 01, 2008

"I bought an 06 and Loved it. I'm only 22 but I wanted a car I could fit a couple dog cages in, a family possibly in a few years. I actually just totaled it and am looking into my options but I think I'm gonna go with Toyota again. (:"

Best vehicle for the price

By on Saturday, March 01, 2008

"This vehicle is a great value for the price! We have the limited trim, which is definitely worth the difference in price. The interior on the limited model is very well made and sturdy, and the 6-CD changer works well and sounds great. The performance of our vehicle is great. We consistently get between 23 and 30 mpg in the city, depending on how bad traffic is. So far, I have not had any problems at all with this vehicle, and its a Toyota so it will hold its value for a long time. The safety features are great, and best of all, its a great looking SUV. I really cannot think of anything bad about this vehicle. If you want a good quality SUV, this is definitely the best value for your money."

good vehicle

By on Friday, February 29, 2008

"good vehicle but needs the six cylinder"

AWESOME!

By on Monday, February 25, 2008

"PROS: Just got a 4WD 2008 V6. Awesome Car! Engine Purrs, great handling and solid construction make it a great and cheap alternative to the ACURA mdx. Really feels like it sticks to the road. Got 26 MPG on the first tank, not too shabby for a 4WD V6. VERY Roomy inside, grat use of interior space. CONS: I wiish Toyota would make fog lights and remote start standard."

It's okay

By on Sunday, February 24, 2008

"I've had this vehicle for just over six months. I bought it after trading in my Jeep Grand Cherokee that I absolutely loved but gave me nothing but problems mechanically. I like the RAV, but I don't love it. It's very uncomfortable, the seats are horrible! The display is invisible if you are wearing sun glasses. It's so powerful that even touching the gas pedal sends you forward like a rocket. And the sound system is a lot to be desired. Things I like are the styling, the moonroof and the value of a Toyota product. And I don't mind the back door opening out, being short it was always hard to reach the Jeep door that went way up over my head, so this door is just right for me."

not for those over 6'

By on Thursday, February 21, 2008

"Or even that close to it. This is a vehical for a woman more than for a man. Very uncomfortable for me to drive for any distance and that sucks because I have a 80 mile commute each day. Too late now. Also gas miliage is less than I was told it would be and I am very easy on the petal. I am averaging about 23-24. My full size Buick gets 26 all the time. Also, there isnt enough light in the rear of the car. Almost none except for a little 2 watt thing in the very bottom of the rear door. My cell phone puts out more light. The four cylinder engine is pwerful enough I suppose and seems like it will probably live upto Toyota's reputation as being dependable. I bought mine used for 19k and one year old so I guess I got an ok deal. Seat fabric seems a little below par. Stock stereo is pretty powerful. Handles/drive nicely and nimbly."

EXCERLLENT VERICLE

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"THIS IS THE THIRD SUV I HAVE OWNED AND IS THE BEST OF THE TRIO WITHOUT A DOUBT- ITS QUICK, RELIABLE ,NOT ONE SERVICE ISSUE)AND COMFORTABLE. ITS HANDLEING IS EXCELLENT OYU ALWAYS FEEL IN CONTROL, THE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE SYSTEM IS SEAMLESS. IHAVE PURCHASED A 2008 FOR MY WIFE WITH LEATHER INTERIOR."

Just missed the best vehicle ever

By on Monday, February 18, 2008

"There is a lot of glare on the instruments and clock which I also noticed on my Tacoma, which was the vehicle I had B4 this 1. Also I don't like that the 4 wheel drive turns of automatically ay 25MPH. I drive in the San Bernardino mountains and find that I would prefer a 35/ 40 MPH on this feature. Otherwise it's a great little vehicle with plenty on room, comfort and get up a go. On the snow it's good and while I could have used a bit more ground (snow) clearance overall it has performed satisfactorily for 2 winters now."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Saturday, February 16, 2008

"I have a 2006 Rav 4- this car is one of the best I have ever had. We are a Toyota family-we have had 4runner, Tacoma, Tundra and Landcruiser. This vehicle has it all-comfort-reliability,great gas mileage, ease of u-turn and it is fun to drive. 33mpg. If you are contemplating-don't hesitate."

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"Disappointed that I can lock in the 4WD only below 25 mph. I would like more control on this issue. Also the turning radius is less than on my Chevy Avalanch!"

love my rav 4

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"My rav 4 has been great. When I first got it the radio dispaly had some problems, bt after replacig it a couple of times they finally fixed the problem."

Could be better

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"I have been having continuous problems with air leaks under the seats. Also the door always sounds like it's not shut all the way.You can hear air and road noise. I have taken it to the Toyota dealer 3 times for the same problem and it has yet been fixed correctly."

cruising range frustrations

By on Friday, January 25, 2008

"I've owned nothing but Toyotas since 1985 and have good things to say about all of them. We purchased an 07 Rav4 this summer and like it as well. My only real complaint is the size of the gas tank. It only holds about 13.5 gallons when bone dry, and , despite 27 mpg or so, that yields a cruising range of no more than 325 - 350 miles total. All of my previoue Camrys would go anywhere from 375-450 between fill-ups and I find myself in a gas station much more often than before. Other than that, it's a great vehicle at a fair price."

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Frustrated

By on Sunday, January 20, 2008

"This is my third Rav4. I have liked the pickup in the 2006 over previous. I thought the locking differential would help in the snow, but I had a tough time getting out ot the driveway in the last storm, a relatively light snow. But the worst problem I have found has been the rear hatch, which lets snow and rain come in when opened and not much of a light in the back. It's in the door which points away from the interior when opened. The front windshield has leaked from day one and it rattles noisily from time to time. It's tempurature dependent. Gas mileage is about 22 all the time. Kind of low for a 4 cylinder. It is fairly peppy. The dealership has been helpful. The front splashguard had to be replaced three times when I first got it. Toyota must change the way the rear door opens. Even the dealer would agree that it was a bad design. Can't quite figure out what other kind of small SUV to replace it with. I've had Toyotas for so long. The new Hilanders are nice, but a little big for me and the gas mileage isn't great."

Awsome

By on Friday, January 18, 2008

"Great Value and Fuel Effectiveness."

Great SUV!

By on Friday, January 18, 2008

"I think this is a great SUV. Have had a CRV the last two times and loved them also, but I didn't like the new body style. I love the SUV look NOT the crossover look so the spare on the back doesn't bother me. I also like that it opens from the side like my old CRV. The cupholders are kinda inconvenient but they are OK. I love the cell phone compartment - works great! I would recommend this little SUV to anyone - it drives good AND it looks good."

Great SUV, but

By on Saturday, January 12, 2008

"Owned two Highlanders before I bought the RAV, Limited 4x4, V-6 by the way. Both Highlanders were Limited models also and I'll have to say they were a bit more comfortable and with a few more upgrades over the RAV, BUT the RAV handles better and the V-6, 267hp, is very impressive. The major complaint I have with the RAV is the back door which swings out rather than up and it opens on the street side! With the spare attached to the door which makes it very heavy; the least amount of pressure to shut the door makes a loud bang......poor design. Put the dang spare out of the way! The optional 400watt sound system leaves a lot to be desired and the dash is rather "mono-plastico". I opted to have leather and heated seats (not offered from Toyota) installed by the same after-market people the dealer used and I saved about $1000! (I found out who they used and sought them out). I would recommend the RAV overall but if you're looking for more creature comforts go for the Highlander."

In love and SAFE

By on Friday, January 04, 2008

"Love this car. Have had jeep 4WD but they were always problematic and held no value.Decided to go with Toyota again. Had Celica, superb. Matrix,reliable but not too good in the snow. Opted for this 4WD. Feel safe and confident. Feels like home. Should have gotten it in the first place! Definitley recommend."

Love the RAV4

By on Thursday, January 03, 2008

"We have owned the Toyota for about 6 months now, and it is a great SUV. The only thing i don't like is the leg room. I am 6'1 so it is a little tight. My wife is 5'4 and it fits her great. Can't say enough about the SUV and would buy another Toyota."

great vehicle

By on Thursday, January 03, 2008

"Great vehicle with plenty of amenities and get-up and go on just the 4cyl. Auto LSD helps in the snow on just the FWD model. We love our RAV4 and would not hesitate to get one again."

Engine sluggish

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"The car is built quite well, however it has no get up and go. The engine is sluggish especially when it is cold. Toyota only offers interior colors in black. The spare tire is located on the back door, which makes the door heavy and hard to handle. For the little bit of storage in the back I would have opted to have the tire put under the storage area like most car companies do."

wonderful vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"i just love our rav--i'm so glad i waited and bought the 2007--it's biggerthan when i first started looking at them. we are a family of 3 and we have plenty room - i think even if we had 4 there would still be plenty of room--it has lots of extra storage and the ride is great---and we have the power when we need it --we have the 6- because we wanted to pull a boat and other stuff--no problem there either--i average the lowest --25-- miles to gallon--but my husband can get better---havent been on a really long trip yet --- but our normal run is about a 200 mile -- 4 hour trip we have gotten about 30 on these. i just cant say enough about this vehicle. we love it glad we bought it---"

BETTER than CRV

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"Everything is great and looks great! It's supereasy to change a tire or do an oil change on it. (Oil pan and filter are both in the front right corner.) It's the best SUV in emissions and MPG. It also tops the list on Consumer Reports. The only thing it misses, is an adjustable lumbar and thigh support for the drivers seat. And the '06 models do not have standard courtain and side airbags. The electronic acceleration has a 1 second delay when you step on the gas peddal. It keeps from tearing up the engine and is easy to get used to. Everything else, quality, as I said is great."

so-so

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"I have had my '06 Rav4 for almost two years. 18,000 miles and no problems except for the radio display wigging out from time to time, and the tire pressure sensor light staying on even when the tires are properly inflated. A good all around SUV, but if you don't like the feeling of half car half truck, this is not the vehicle for you. It is very tippy and does NOT handle well in the snow, even with four wheel drive. I had to rock the car in the locked four wheel drive before it would push through less than a foot of snow. It wanders everywhere and does not inspire confidence even at safe low speeds when driving through slush snow and ice. You can't let rain or snow get on the door controls in cold weather they will freeze and you can't lock or unlock the car! The tranny is not very smooth and wants to jerk at times, also the brakes are soft for this large of a vehicle. The tow package does not include the wiring to the back or the plug, you pay extra for that. Nor do you get the reciever you have to buy it separately, and also buy a goose neck hitch. Whatever you tow will make the back end SAG. It is too low to the ground. The V-6 is nice when you need it, but the car overall is kind of boring to drive. When you want it to act like a car, it's like a truck, and when you need it to act like a truck it's like a car. If you need the gas mileage and utility, buy it. If you need the solidity of a truck and real world towing, then buy a truck based SUV. Buy what suits your needs, and you'll be happy no matter what!"