2009 Toyota RAV4

Based on 605 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

2006 sport V4

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"the bad part: (1) misleading 4WD which operates only when running below 25mph, (2) gas mileage barely able to get 21 miles/gal while being advertised to get 23 - 28 miles/gal, (3) have very tight seatbelts, and (4) worst design of CUP HOLDERS in front. the good part: (1) very smooth at cornering, (2) for a V4, acceleration is adequate for the vehicle size, (3) outside noice barely audible even at high speed, (4) very spacious inside and sound system is more than you can expect.. they really sound great!!!, and (5) 5th door opens horizontally. the best part: everything inside is very user friendly and simple to use. NO COMPLICATED FEATURES. even the cruise control needs no 'getting use to' thing."

it's OK

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"not what I've expected. Does not accelerate like I thought it would. Pretty scary in traffic when this happens. You press on the gas and nothing happens!!! You have to let the thing "wake up". A few close calls. other than that, looks great but cheaply made.for what you pay for it."

Good, but not up to the hype.

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"Going off of the hype that Toyotas are indestructible, I left Honda to pick up a nice little sport ute from Toyota with high expectations. I picked up a Rav4 with a V6 and 4WD thinking that I wouldn't have to visit the dealer for anything until the times for maintenance was due. Boy was I wrong. With only 6000 miles, I've got clunking in the front end the radio has more ghosts in it than the castle of Vlad Teppes. Once, with my phone paired on blue tooth, I tried to make a call, only to have the screen on the radio go into a seizure of flashes. I dismissed it for nothing until the screen on the radio went out completely while I was trying toggle through the 6 disc CD changer. The problems only begin there. I've got an odd clunking in the front end as I turn the steering wheel which would suggest that a tie rod is bad... only after 6000 miles. On top of that, I am very dissatisfied with the fact that the throttle is horribly unresponsive. I press on the gas and the vehicle just sits there for a moment before deciding its time to start moving. This lack of response is very dangers while trying to navigate through heavy traffic or making sudden moves. Finally, the fuel mileage on this vehicle doesn't reflect Toyota's claims in the least. It is advertised to get approximately 28mpg highway/21 city, I can state quite simply that it's a farce as I haven't been able to break 22mpg highway with moderate 65-70mph driving. Conversely, the vehicle is very comfortable and is eve faster than most of the cars out on the road today."

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

Opinion

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I like my Rav4, it gets really good gas mileage. My favorite feature is the back door opens left to right vs. top to bottom- very convienent."

See if you qualify for