2008 Toyota RAV4

Based on 699 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"I was laid back at the 2.5 ltr 4 cylinder til i drove it. It has more torque and Hp than my V6 sonata had that i traded. Great car like ride,22-23mpg city in summer and winter 25-26 city and 28 hwy. It can comfortably tow 1500 lbs.Fit and finish is flawless. Gets some getting use to the "Smart Key",you never need the keys in hand anymore. Insurance is about $20 more per 6 months but it is a 28K rav.I needed a suv that i can get in and out easy,plus the drivers seat adjusts with lumbar,almost can sleep in it.A/c cools the truck off very very quickly."

2006 Rav4 Sport

By on Monday, October 19, 2009

"I love my Rav4, which is saying a lot because I have had a slew of problems reflecting poor workmanship. I am on my third multi-cd changer stereo. The first was broken when I drove it off the lot. The second had a short. Luckily, all on warranty. I was also one of the unfortunate Rav 4 owners to find a floorboard leak evidenced by 2 inches of water on the front passenger side of the vehicle. After some ridiculously bad customer service I ultimately had it repaired under warranty including new carpet. I was also lucky to have felt the steering problem coming on in the first 15,000 miles. I complained at every major service and finally at 53,000 miles they were able to diagnose the problem as a boot that was not positioned properly. Fortunately I had it well documented and they made the repair on warranty. The estimate I received, for anyone considering paying for the repair was $775. The one remaining problem I struggle with is the slow acceleration, especially when the engine is cold. I was sure to complain about this problem throughout my major services. So, if there is every a solution, hopefully that will be covered too. The short story if you're considering a used Rav 4 is that it's a great car. Just be sure to buy one that has had all of the known problems repaired prior to your purchase! Now that everything is in good working order I love driving my Rav4!"

best suv

By on Monday, March 24, 2008

"Compared to my 99 honda crv, you can't top the 2008 rav4. I have owned several honda's, there great cars but alot of road noise. Also I have owned toyota's but they are much better handling ans the ride is smooth less road noise compare to the honda's I've have owned. Even the new 08's honda's have alot of road noise. This 08 rav4 rides like a sedan, cuts through corners with very little body lean, great horsepower for a 4 cyl. Great gas mileage, good interior space. I would highly recommend this suv compared to other suvs for the price, handling etc......"

Excellent Choice

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"I looked for a year to replace my minivan since my children are now grown & gone. I have always bought American cars, but just couldn't find anything that met my needs. I bought the '06 Limited 2 wheel drive with the V6. It flies like the wind, and gets ~25mpg around the city and ~29mph highway. It has a great sound system and lots of room for hauling everything I need to. There is great legroom in the back seat which is very hard to find in most cars. I don't like that I have to get the oil changed at the dealer since they haven't released the oil filter to the aftermarket. This makes my routine maintenance slow and overly expensive. The seats get a little uncomfortable near the end of a long trip, but all in all I love it."

Perfect car except for the paint

By on Saturday, July 5, 2014

Pros: "Well-built, comfortable, fast, relaible"

Cons: "Paint sucked"

"I bought my RAV in 2007 and although it is not driven much, it is a great car. Decent mileage for a V-6, very fast and handles like a near sports car. Fit and finish inside are top notch. I change my own oil, and it is a ten minute job at most. The only complaint is the paint and clear coat. After four years, clear coat on the roof deteriorated to the point I had it repainted. A mediocre job at best and cost me $400.00 Then, a year later the hood began to look like some blue version of Europa, the ice moon of Jupiter. Finally, I bit the bullet and had a total pro paint job that cost over $3500. I intend to keep this car and it was a good investment. Outside of that, one of the best cars I've ever owned."