2008 Toyota RAV4

Based on 670 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Performance with great MPG

By on Thursday, November 19, 2009

"Bought used 08 Rav4 V6 sport. Toyota is the only car maker that has a better warrenty on used cars than new. 7 year 100,000 mile warrenty on a used car. I test drove a number of Honda CRV's that were supposed to be the RAV's competition. The CRV can only come with a 4 cylinder and coming from a very strong v6 that was in my Altima the CRV seemed so underpowered it made me sick. The V6 Rav4 has a 5th gear which lets you get pretty much the same mpg as the 4 cylinders with an insane amount of power. Avg 28 hwy and still feel like i'm driving a sports sedan. The average CRV I looked at was significantly more money that the RAV too. I will say the CRV had a somewhat more stylish interior but the RAV's got it where it counts for less money."

I love my Rav4

By on Thursday, September 11, 2008

"This is the best car I have ever owned! I do alot of whitewater kayaking, camping, rock climbing, etc... We can fit a full size air mattress in the car, put 4 kayaks, 4 paddles on top and 4 people with gear inside all comfortably! It handles amazingly in the snow. You will not regret buying this vehicle!"

2007 RAV4 Base w/V6

By on Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Have had my RAV4 for a year and it performs very well and gets great mpg for a V6. After a year, the mpg is right where it should be. It's a great utilitarian vehicle that makes for a great 'road trip worthy' small SUV. Highly recommended."

It's okay

By on Sunday, February 24, 2008

"I've had this vehicle for just over six months. I bought it after trading in my Jeep Grand Cherokee that I absolutely loved but gave me nothing but problems mechanically. I like the RAV, but I don't love it. It's very uncomfortable, the seats are horrible! The display is invisible if you are wearing sun glasses. It's so powerful that even touching the gas pedal sends you forward like a rocket. And the sound system is a lot to be desired. Things I like are the styling, the moonroof and the value of a Toyota product. And I don't mind the back door opening out, being short it was always hard to reach the Jeep door that went way up over my head, so this door is just right for me."

Surprisingly roomy and comfortable-no frills

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "roomy, comfortable, reliable,"

Cons: "city MPG,"

"We bought this SUV because we needed a reliable, affordable vehicle for traveling from FL to TN a few times a year and we've been very happy. It has plenty of room for my wife and I plus our 45 pound dog. It's comfortable on long car rides and the 4cyl has enough power to merge into speeding traffic. The only negatives are that we only get around 23MPG city-I was hoping for 25 with it being a 4cyl. Also, it's not a luxury vehicle, the interior has hints of cheapness. This thing is incredibly roomy inside for it's size. I've hauled everything from plants to 1,000 pounds of lumber-I don't recommend this. Overall, we're very happy."