2008 Toyota RAV4

Based on 613 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Very pleased with this suv. Great mpg hiway

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "Reliability super"

Cons: "door armrest too low"

"Excellent choice for small suv and 31 mph hiway"

GREAT CAR TOYOTA V6 RAV4 4X4

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "NICE TO DRIVE"

Cons: "OLDER SHORTER RAV4 WAS MORE FUN TO DRIVE"

"I BOUGHT THIS CAR ON A WHIM….NEVER MEANT TO SPEND SO MUCH. IT HAS BEEN WORTH EVERY PENNY. AND…..SOMEONE RECENTLY HIT ME IN THE REAR, A HARD BLOW…..THIS CAR KEPT ME INJURY FREE. BIG PLUS! COMFORTABLE, RELIABLE, EVERY OPTION BUT BLUETOOTH AND BACKUP CAMERA, I LOVE IT. I DID NOT RATE IT A 10 IN EVERY CATEGORY FOR TWO REASONS; ONE I EXPECTED BETTER GAS MILEAGE. TOYOTA CAN DO MUCH BETTER, EVEN WITH MY V6. TWO, IT SHOULD BE A BETTER FIT FOR A SHORT DRIVER. IT WORKS OK FOR ME, I AM SHORT, BUT I NOTICED A SHORTER FRIEND GETS RIGHT UP UNDER THE STEERING WHEEL. NOT GOOD."

not worth the money i paid...

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "spacious for a family of 4"

Cons: "automatic locks went out quick"

"I over paid for this car, the automatic locks went out in the first 3 years...the back door has no handle and must be opened by the automatic locks that are no longer working.It has had quite a bit of recalls. Other than that the car is reliable and comfortable"

proud owner

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

"Love this car! One repair (replaced water pump) in over 80000 miles."

Bought New - Would Do It Again!

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "Love features, fun to drive, roomy, well made"

Cons: "small bkup camera image, no usb, no stereo mute"

My 09 Blizzard Pearl Ltd

"Love love love my 2009 RAV4 Ltd in Blizzard Pearl. Bought it new off the showroom floor. Probably paid a little much, but I don't care (my husband does, but it's not his)! Is loaded. Drives well has great features and I LIKE the rear door that opens to the side. I am a woman, and only 5'1", so side open rear door is a super plus. Rear door does open to the right (curb in America), but doesn't bother me. The ltd's touch-open unlock door feature is great. Equipped with fog lights. Decent size glove compartment, also lockable - no light in it. Additional smaller storage compartment on dash above glove compartment. Storage under center armrest. Good size, 2 compartments: large, deep one with additional standard cigarette-type charger outlet, smaller compartment directly under arm rest for pens, change, etc. Lots of drink holders - great features. All doors have one, 2 in center console, 2 in drop-down center of backseat. Love touch-dial/button AC/Heat controls. Dual A/C controls. A/C fast to cool & is really cold, even in extreme Texas heat. Heat equally responsive. Dropdown sunglass holder holds standard size sunglasses, but not oversized or wraparound sport models. Auto on makeup mirror lights, both sides activated upon sliding open mirror cover. If visor is left down & makeup mirrors are left open, lights go out automatically when car is shut off to avoid draining battery. Auto Sunroof -- love it. Upgraded JVC stereo & 7 speaker system is great. Multiple CD, but I don't use. Satellite radio compatible. Has 120V electrical plug behind center console & I believe also one in cargo compartment as well. Bluetooth also. Steering wheel equipped with stereo, bluetooth controls. Good leg room in front and back seats. Rear seats are independently adjustable - forward/backward & a slight adjustment in recline (an important feature - I've made long trips in an SUV without this feature & it is horrible on a bad back). Both rear seats fold flat increasing the rear's already roomy storage/carry capacity. There is even room on floor between rear & front seats for items when the rear seats are folded down. I have hauled a very large bird cage, suitcases, and bags and bags of stuff on a trip with no problem. I have leather seats - love them. With the leather package comes electric driver seat controls include adj lumbar, recline, height, seat tilt. Heated seats. Blind spots are virtually non-existant when driving & with backup camera (appears in left side of rear-view mirror). Many people complain about the rear tire mounted on the back. I like it there. Mounted on the back allows for an extra storage compartment (actually 2) under the rear cargo floor. Additionally, if you are hit from behind (or back into something) you do not do damage to the rear door like if there were no tire mounted there! It happened to me - no door damage, replaced the rear tire cover only! Body integrity is great. I did have another make of car at one time that would dent if you looked at it wrong! Would change very little. Recommended changes/additions: * Larger backup camera image -- with/without navigation package * Audible Warning system when vehicle gets too close to objects -- rear & rear sides (Jeep has this feature). * Glove compartment light * Mute button for stereo on steering wheel * USB port * Ipod/MP3 player/phone interface. I love this vehicle and would buy another in a heartbeat! NOTE: I recently drove a loaner 2014/2015 RAV4 from the dealership. It was nice, but I liked mine better! The only feature I liked more was the large backup camera screen in the dash! I HATED the rear cargo door that opened upward! It was heavy, hard to reach (I'm only 5'1") and really hard to pull down. They will not be selling these new RAV4s to short, handicapped, elderly or people with health issues."

My 09 Blizzard Pearl Ltd

Best car in its class

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "Good price for $$"

Cons: "Does not have a navigation system built in"

"Exterior paint - metallic blue - maintains its luster after 5 years. Interior is comfortable. Cargo is ample. Handles well in short and long rides. Has never failed us."

dexteremely satisfies since buying vehicle brand n

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "handling for 4 cyclinder, smaller and lighter vehi"

"no more commments"

I like almost everything about it

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Gets me where I'm going as fast as I want."

Cons: "Cruise control is jerky."

"The only thing I don't like about it is how jerky the cruise control is on moderate/big hills."

disapointed

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Engine seems reliable"

Cons: "Rest of car problematic"

"Had to change O2 sensor at 38,000 miles ($300)and water pump at 45000 ($430) Toyota wouldn't back their product. Both prices lower than they would have been if I had the work done at a dealership. Some people were charged $1400 to change water pump at a dealership. Was told at dealership I needed new struts and shocks while they were doing a recall. I was told they were shot. Took it to my mechanic and he said they both have 30,000 miles left on them, go figure!"

Vehicle has been great hate to sell, but need cash

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Very dependable, low maintainace, not bad on gas"

Cons: "None, would buy again-extremely happy with veh."

"Excellent condition, very well taken care of, all service work completed at dealer. mileage records available. extremely clean, warranty to 100,000, Interior fabric protected,auto winter start, great starter, crystal fusion front glass protection, Very very clean!"