2006 Toyota RAV4

Based on 666 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

I really like this car

By on Friday, March 01, 2013

Pros: "good gas mileage, 4 adults fit for short trips"

Cons: "gray interior shows dirt, problem w/exhaust syste"

"I really like my RAV. Driver and front passenger seats can become uncomfortable on long trips, and my husband is as big guy so he "just fits" so to speak. Happy with gas mileage about 21-22 MPG. It took us ahile to get used to the head rests however. My two adult children can sit comfortably in the back seats. Good storage and we even hauled a 6ft unassembled picnic table in it one time (However driver and front passenger seats were as far front as they could go. One engine problem but it was covered under warrenty. Current problem is a rattling sound under the car, under gear shift. They first told me it was the water pump and replaced it.Now they are telling me it is something with the catalytic converter but they will only replace the whole exhaust system. Also, several recalls needed to be taken care of."

Performance with great MPG

By on Thursday, November 19, 2009

"Bought used 08 Rav4 V6 sport. Toyota is the only car maker that has a better warrenty on used cars than new. 7 year 100,000 mile warrenty on a used car. I test drove a number of Honda CRV's that were supposed to be the RAV's competition. The CRV can only come with a 4 cylinder and coming from a very strong v6 that was in my Altima the CRV seemed so underpowered it made me sick. The V6 Rav4 has a 5th gear which lets you get pretty much the same mpg as the 4 cylinders with an insane amount of power. Avg 28 hwy and still feel like i'm driving a sports sedan. The average CRV I looked at was significantly more money that the RAV too. I will say the CRV had a somewhat more stylish interior but the RAV's got it where it counts for less money."

I love my Rav4

By on Thursday, September 11, 2008

"This is the best car I have ever owned! I do alot of whitewater kayaking, camping, rock climbing, etc... We can fit a full size air mattress in the car, put 4 kayaks, 4 paddles on top and 4 people with gear inside all comfortably! It handles amazingly in the snow. You will not regret buying this vehicle!"

2007 RAV4 Base w/V6

By on Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Have had my RAV4 for a year and it performs very well and gets great mpg for a V6. After a year, the mpg is right where it should be. It's a great utilitarian vehicle that makes for a great 'road trip worthy' small SUV. Highly recommended."

It's okay

By on Sunday, February 24, 2008

"I've had this vehicle for just over six months. I bought it after trading in my Jeep Grand Cherokee that I absolutely loved but gave me nothing but problems mechanically. I like the RAV, but I don't love it. It's very uncomfortable, the seats are horrible! The display is invisible if you are wearing sun glasses. It's so powerful that even touching the gas pedal sends you forward like a rocket. And the sound system is a lot to be desired. Things I like are the styling, the moonroof and the value of a Toyota product. And I don't mind the back door opening out, being short it was always hard to reach the Jeep door that went way up over my head, so this door is just right for me."