2006 Toyota RAV4

Based on 651 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Excellent automobile

By on Friday, April 24, 2015

"This vehicle has served us well"

great accel., comfortable, tight handling, stable.

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "Handles very well in any weather/road cond."

Cons: "Shoulder room silghtly small (for 200+lb guy)."

"This medium-size SUV has the best match of engine and transmission I've ever driven. Excellent highway passing gear. Very stable on turns, esp. for an SUV. Rear seat is mounted on rails, so it slides to make the rear seating and cargo areas bigger/smaller, depending on momentary needs (just like a front seat). Clear dash array. Handles beautifully on two-lane blacktops. The all-wheel drive is unstoppable on ice, snow, sand. (I've never used or needed snow tires on this car.) Lots of electronically-controlled drive-train adjustors. 2012 is the last model-year before the RAV4 was revamped; the 6-cyl. is no longer available for 2013 and beyond."

Good solid value with strong v6 engine

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "low cost to maintain, strong v6 engine, & reliable"

Cons: "cabin noise at highway speeds"

"Efficient design and has great utility for size.Only complaint is highway noise in cabin.Very few maintenance problems."

This SUV gets close to 30 MPG. Has great pick-up.

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

Pros: "gets great gas mileage."

Cons: "Minor paint chips and minor crack in windshield"

"This SUV (Toyota Rav4 Sport)gets approximately 30 MPG on Highway and 24 in the City. Has great pick-up. This SUV has AWD and rides great. I've had this car since I drove it off the lot. It gets its regular maintenance (Oil Changes - 5W20 synthetic oil every 7500 miles). The tires are brand new and have less than 9K miles on them. This is a good family car and is safe to drive. Has all the floor mats and cargo mat with Tonneau cover in rear area. The minor crack in windshield has been treated at windshield repair and has remained this way since March 2014."

Oil Consumption - I give it a 10

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

"We fill the oil twice a week with a minimum of 1.5 quarts. The Toyota Motor Company finally ordered a Warranty Enhancement to remedy the situation! If you have a 2007, check it out at your closest Toyota dealer! Good luck!"

Oil Burner

By on Sunday, April 05, 2015

Pros: "Big trunk"

Cons: "Oil burner"

"This car burns a tremendous amount of oil. I get the oil changed every 3,000 miles and have had to have it topped off twice between changes. I only drive 16 miles round trip to work."

Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned

By on Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pros: "Utilitarian, economical, practical for family life"

Cons: "Seats could be more plush."

"I bought this vehicle new because I had three small grandkids who wanted to hang out with me on the weekends and my small car was a little tight for that. I researched small SUVs and found that the Toyota Rav 4 seemed perfect for me. I have found that not only the interior capacity is perfect but also my Rav 4 is exceptionally reliabile. The only thing I've done is go for regular milestone maintenance. It drives like a dream. Very comfortable and drives like a car which is what I am used to. Another bonus from having a car like drive is the ability to see what's ahead of me more easily since I am sitting higher up. I would highly recommend this vehicle due to it's reliability."

Dependable

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pros: "Great handling, stereo system, fun to drive"

Cons: "no Sirius radio"

"This has been one of the most dependable vehicles I've ever owned. It's also a fun vehicle, with a great stereo system, bluetooth for my cell and the moon roof. It handles more like a car than a truck."

Love for Toyota

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "fold down seats, great sound for factory speakers,"

Cons: "Non this far"

"I bought this vehicle in November. I sold my Toyota Tacoma 4X4 for this car. Over all I am very pleased with my purchase. I love the room that the vehicle has. I have taken it on two road trips and it was a comfortable ride! I love the power it has. Don't step on the gas, If you gently hit the gas then once its going it goes! I have taken it on a dirt road. It handled very nicely, did not fish tail or slide around. I was very impressed with this because its not 4X4. Over all I love my new car. It took some getting use to, but I am pleased with my purchase. Now the real truth how many miles with this car drive~!~!"

good maneuvering

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "easy to drive"

Cons: "freezing windows"

"Ready to trade in my lease and I really enjoy this SUV. It drives and handles well, ( I am a fast driver) V6. Snow is no problem with the 4WD and height of vehicle. Materials inside are a bit cheap in my limited. Sight lines are good, storage adequate. Side opening rear door is really not an issue, and the exterior full size spare tire leaves more interior room. Cons: windows and doors freeze shut constantly, moonroof very noisy when open (needs optional shield) mileage not the best but ok. Brakes noise in rainy conditions. The 2013 changed completely which leaves me in a quandary. No V6, spare is tiny and takes storage room away, NO 4WD. AWD is only opton. 2015 is no better for my likes."

Simple, powerful and dependable

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pros: "Power, fun to drive, boxy looks, dependable"

Cons: "Interior is simple and has cheap plastic."

"I own a 2012 Rav4 limited V6 4WD. I love to drive this car because of good acceleration, pickup & speed. The driving position is also very commanding and visibility is good. I don't have any strong dislikes just that the interior could be better considering what current cars like san fe, escape etc has. And some time road noise is little bit more but not bothersome. Because of the power, it makes easy to pass other vehicles on road. If I were to trade in my car for a new car (not till 100k miles), I would definitely go for bigger & better san fe or highlander."

Excellent vehicle for the price!

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Cons: "The seating could be a bit more comfortable."

"Handles very well, is very reliable. The features included are great and I've even used this vehicle for camping. A full sized air mattress fits in the back when you put the seats down. The rear compartment is great for hauling things and makes unloading easy. I would definitely buy another Toyota RAV4. I've owned many different vehicles over the years and this vehicle is an excellent value for the price."

Luv my Rav 4! Great storage! Extremely comfortab

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "Comfy, safe, reliable"

"Great deal; Very reliable. Comfy. This is my fifth or sixth Toyota. Extremely reliable cars. Only in the shop for standard maintenance and tires. Would highly recommend for teenagers. Very safe and wonderful handling."

Really great value.

By on Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Pros: "still drives a lot like it did brand new."

Cons: "quirky steering and braking"

"This car has been easy to own. Better than average in repair costs and maintenance."

poor quality, comfort, handling/performance etc.

By on Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pros: "read review"

Cons: "read review"

"if it wasn't for TOYOTA'S bullet proof engine and drive train this vehicle would be a complete piece of junk. I am in the process of trying to return/purchase this vehicle (lease return) Between Toyota and the dealer here in Virg. Mn. service has not been good. low quality and poor service from both Toyota and the dealer."

Incredibly reliable and fun to drive

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pros: "reliable, fast, lots of room, TRUSTWORTHY"

Cons: "For me, none."

"Solid from Day 1"

Tranny Problems after ONLY 130K

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2015

"4 cyc model. Transmission starting going at 130,000. $4400 price tag to replace."

Great decision buying the Rav4

By on Friday, February 06, 2015

Pros: "enjoyable and nice looking"

Cons: "A redesign on the console would be an improvement"

"Love this vehicle. Always had GM cars, but prefer toyota by far. Good gas mileage, smooth ride comfy interior. Very much a convert!"

Toyota's are build to last

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "4WD/AWD, Horsepower, Fun to Drive, Sporty"

"I have had my 2012 Toyota Rav4 Limited for a year now. I wanted an SUV because I was tired of sitting low to the ground and I also wanted something that I could have a little fun in the snow with. This little SUV did not disappoint. The power that the RAV packs is amazing, if I need to pass anyone I have NO problems doing it with the amount of horsepower this thing is packing. There is plenty of room for the rear passengers (although fitting three full adualts in the back is a little tight). The 4WD/AWD system is amazing and handles very well. The only thing that I wish they would have done is not use cheap plastic on the inside...there is no much and it doesnt look bad...but you can tell its plastic. Overall...I know this vehicle will last 100K miles and 3 times over that if needbe."

Hate the swing out gate and the recalls...

By on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pros: "POWERFUL AND FUN TO DRIVE; GREAT FOR TOWING"

Cons: "HATE THAT -CLUMSY- SWING OUT REAR GATE."

"Only problem was water pump leak @ 19k. Dependable. Smooth. Powerful and economical for the size of motor. Hate the swing out gate.. Too bad Toyota dropped the V6. Awesome motor. In case I forgot to mention: I HATE THE SWING OUT REAR GATE. Has canister oil filter, using a filament. Very Messy. Inside is laid out very well, except the location of the emergency light button. And that darned glove box hatch binds in cold weather.... A good value....but I hate the swing out rear gate."

Good car

By on Friday, January 16, 2015

"Good car"

"Love" everything but gas mileage

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "Great small car with storage: good for dogs"

Cons: "Disappointed 12 year gain in car design lost 12 MP"

"Traded a '97 Honda Accord EX 4-cyl (214,244 mi, 28-32 mpg consistently) for my '09 RAV4. Color, power, turning radius, everything is perfect except we sacrificed gas mileage. Went from 4-cyl to 6-cyl RAV. Best we get is 23/24 on hywy w/cruise on. Holding value, yes; great car, yes; buy another, NO, but only because they changed swing rear door to overhead and lost storage space. We have two large dogs (Lab and Pit/Boxer) Toyota rear headroom was higher and larger than all competitors (Explorer, CRV, Subaru, Nissan, etc) so storage under was vital so dogs didn't chew or mutilate. Now that area is taken by spare tire. Swing door not a problem; rather have storage."

2007 Rav4, 6cyl, 4wd Limited is a great vehicle

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "One of the best I've ever owned"

Cons: "The 2012 the last year to get a 6cyl and storage"

"The new Rav4's have a hatchback rather than the gate-back which is a good move so you don't have to go around the back door which opens on the right. However the drawbacks to the newer Rav4's are numerous beginning with no longer able to get it with a 6cyl. I tow a small utility trailer and a 6cyl. is necessary to do so. The spare was taken off of the rear gate and put into the floor which takes away a very valuable storage area. The 6cyl gives it a lot of pep and zip that is great when needed. The mileage is decent averaging 19 city and 24 hwy. It is small and easy to drive. Has enough height so the driver has a good view of traffic, and is easy to get in and out of. I can't say enough good things about the 2007 Rav4 I only wish I could get a new one equipped the same. It looks like Toyota tried to copy the Honda CRV. If I wanted a CRV I would of bought one. Sometimes these engineers out think themselves."

Piece of oil-sucking junk

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Excessive oil consumption, shoddy workmanship"

"127k miles and I'm adding 1 qt of oil every 900 miles!, passenger side air bag has never worked even after $500 of parts and recall, sucks dust on gravel roads because of poor dust seal on rear door, weak heater for our cold climate, mice get in frequently, useless cargo light, uncomfortable seats for long trips, rear door hinges inadequate so rear door is difficult to swing open and closed. Very noisy transmission. Warning lights on dash keep lighting up for no reason requires dealer visit but..... Terrible dealer service. (Told me that rate of oil consumption is normal!C'mon!)My third and LAST Toyota product."

Great car, right size, very economical

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable, economical, roomy."

"My 2nd Toyota, no problems, excellant dealer service. I'll by another one."