• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2005 Toyota RAV4

Based on 365 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Fear I'll Never Be Satisfied with Another!!

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Great in snow/wind/rain/sunny hot days not Too hot"

Cons: "Stero system could be better"

"After i had known many other people who loved their Toyotas, I decided it was time for me to have a car to love. I had never kept a car before for more than 5 years, as I always ended up with multiple things I was unhappy with. But I have owned my Rav 4 for over 12 years and there is no way I could have been more satisfied! I just fear whenever I do get a replacement, that it will not live up to my expectations!! It seems many new cars today do not have the same options as they had in the past-- easy to remove back seats if need to move something, back seats fold forward if my short dog wants to sit on it like a "booster seat", front seats recline fully if one needs to nap as spouse is at a store/gathering that the other chooses not to go. Also comfortable for long trips!"

Very reliable, sturdy car!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, convenient size"

Cons: "None!"

"My mother had this car for ten years before giving it to me two years ago. It's stayed in our family, and for a good reason. It's reliable, sturdy and drives well. If anyone is looking for a 'first car' for their children, I would recommend something like this. It'll last her, and also it's a safe driving vehicle. I take my car off-roading, through snow, and through all sorts of things most cars couldn't handle. It's the reliability of a truck or a suburban, but the petite size and convenience of a little car. Definitely a car that I have loved for years!"

Owes me NOTHING!!!

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

"I bought my RAV new in 2001. Except for 1 sensor that needed replacing 6 years ago, and having the front brakes replaced after 8 years, it has been problem free. I take care of it with scheduled oil changes, inspections, etc. so it has been very good to me. I've never owned a car this long .. and I think buying it was the best thing I ever did."

300,000 miles strong

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Great gas milage, very reliable, great performance"

Cons: "Cabin is a bit noisy at highway speeds"

almost 300,000 miles!!!!!!

"I'm a proud owner of a highly reliable, no issues, cheap to own 2002 Rav4 with 298,900 miles on the original engine and automatic transmission. With just minor wear and tear, and the factory paint still looking great, I plan to keep it running for as long as I can. At about 27 mpg on regular gas my Rav4 is still my daily driver. 10/10!!!!!!!"

almost 300,000 miles!!!!!!

Owned mine 12 years!

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy, VERY reliable, great gas milage,"

Cons: "Engine is a little weak"

"I have over 90,000 miles on my 2002 Rav and have never had any mechanical issues with it. It still drives great and looks great. Currently looking for new vics but only because I need a bit more size. Love this car!"