2004 Toyota RAV4

Based on 403 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

290,000 Miles STRONG

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "reliable, quality, re-sale value, safe"

"Words can't describe how pleased I am with my Rav4 with almost 300,000 miles and no mechanical issues! Everything still works fine. Great MPG, safe, and reliable enough to drive daily for a very long time. YES I recommend the Rav4!!!"

Great

By on Friday, September 16, 2011

"I bought a 2003 used in 2004 with only a little over 11,000 miles.....I drive a lot...basically it's a commuter....the only major repair was my Catilac converter....did all my oil changes and had changed a few sets of tire...this car is great...."

Best vehicle I've ever owned.

By on Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pros: "great price , fun to drive , front seat comfort"

Cons: "cramped back seat leg room"

"The ride and driving experience is wonderful.I get 26 mpg/city and around 30 mpg/hwy,even after 10 years. Never any problems,major or minor. Body integrity is great and I especially like the look of the tire on the back...it used to be unique,but not anymore. I have recommended the car to many people."

I love the Toyota Rav 4

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Cargo room without having a huge vehicle."

Cons: "Check engine light just likes to be on."

"I bought my Rav 4 brand new in 2001. Originally I was going for the Chrysler PT Cruiser, but after a dealer snafu I had to choose a different model completely. What attracted me to the PT Cruiser was the ability to tumble and take out the seats. This function on the Rav 4 made me a buyer. I have moved over 12 times (once across the country), and have moved nearly everything using my Rav 4 - Couches on the rooftop, chairs inside, boxes upon boxes. I love the Toyota Rav 4. This car has been reliable and has paid for itself twice over in the 11 years that I have had it. Now that the car is over 200,000 miles, I'm seeking a new one but hesitant to because this one is like my baby. Cons about the Rav 4: The high center of gravity means that you shouldn't take turns too fast. I have managed to lift two wheels off the pavement before. Ever since I got the vehicle I've had trouble with the check engine light. It just likes to be on - for NO REASON. It always says it's an oxygen sensor. But, I have changed the oxygen sensors, the oxygen manifold, etc. time and time again. Finally, I just gave up on it and it works just fine with that check engine light on. Be aware though - Having that check engine light on makes it difficult for registration in certain states."

250,000 miles virtually trouble free.

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "Great on snow and ice. Never breaks down."

Cons: "Sensors replaced twice."

"250,000 miles with only significant problem that sensors needed to be replaced twice and water pump at 200,000 miles. Original power steering, master cylinder, alternator and BATTERY! Air conditioning clutch loud last 4 years. Catalytic converter needed cleaning. Plugs replaced twice -- 25.5 mpg through whole life."

It is a very solid car all way round.

By on Tuesday, April 9, 2013

"I got all the value and more for the overall price.Provides comfort and trust-worthiness.Solid like a s.u.v. but drives and handles like a luxury car. I'M so confident in quality and value I'm going to drive it for a total of 15 years before buying another."

Cannot be beat!

By on Friday, August 22, 2008

"I own the 2003 Rav 4. I bought it new. It now has 170,000 miles and the only thing I have ever done to the vehicle is normal maintenance. It is reliable and a perfect small family car. I do wish it has three seats in the back but it is still okay for what we use it for. The MPG is around 28-30 on the highway. The engine is a little small to pull an AWD vehicle in the hills of PA. Otherwise it is perfect in every way & I cannot express enough how much we depend on this vehicle. We have no intention of getting rid of it till it just simply crokes! My personal goal is 350,000 miles. One note of interest...Keep it clean & you always feel you are driving a new one:)"

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"from 2001-2005 there is a problem with the engine control module causing the transmission to miss shift. warranty is good to 80,000 miles, mine went out at 89,400 other than that I love the car. If buying used make sure the ECM has been changed so you don't damage your transmission."

Reliable Vehicle

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

"Our primary complaint is comfort. It isn't comfortable for longer drives. Also, the seats took time to figure out how to remove. I feel safe and confident when I drive this car; I plan on a RAV4 being my next vehicle."

I LOVE MY RAV4!!!!

By on Thursday, April 4, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, roomy but still compact"

Cons: "had to replace the transmission"

"I love my Rav! It is the best car I have ever owned!! It is big enough to cart around all of my equestrian equiptment and on occassion I have had to use it as the farm vehicle. It is easy and comfortable to drive. It is nice and compact while still offering so much room on the interior. The only complaint I have about this car is that I had to replace the transmission about 3 years ago."