2004 Toyota RAV4

Based on 364 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Very reliable, sturdy car!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, convenient size"

Cons: "None!"

"My mother had this car for ten years before giving it to me two years ago. It's stayed in our family, and for a good reason. It's reliable, sturdy and drives well. If anyone is looking for a 'first car' for their children, I would recommend something like this. It'll last her, and also it's a safe driving vehicle. I take my car off-roading, through snow, and through all sorts of things most cars couldn't handle. It's the reliability of a truck or a suburban, but the petite size and convenience of a little car. Definitely a car that I have loved for years!"

Owes me NOTHING!!!

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

"I bought my RAV new in 2001. Except for 1 sensor that needed replacing 6 years ago, and having the front brakes replaced after 8 years, it has been problem free. I take care of it with scheduled oil changes, inspections, etc. so it has been very good to me. I've never owned a car this long .. and I think buying it was the best thing I ever did."

300,000 miles strong

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Great gas milage, very reliable, great performance"

Cons: "Cabin is a bit noisy at highway speeds"

almost 300,000 miles!!!!!!

"I'm a proud owner of a highly reliable, no issues, cheap to own 2002 Rav4 with 298,900 miles on the original engine and automatic transmission. With just minor wear and tear, and the factory paint still looking great, I plan to keep it running for as long as I can. At about 27 mpg on regular gas my Rav4 is still my daily driver. 10/10!!!!!!!"

almost 300,000 miles!!!!!!

Owned mine 12 years!

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy, VERY reliable, great gas milage,"

Cons: "Engine is a little weak"

"I have over 90,000 miles on my 2002 Rav and have never had any mechanical issues with it. It still drives great and looks great. Currently looking for new vics but only because I need a bit more size. Love this car!"

Great all around car. I've been really happy with

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Park in compact spaces. Fun, visibility is good."

Cons: "Interior seems small w/riders.Car wash charges SUV"

"This has been a good vehicle for me. I had been driving an Accord, and I prefer sitting higher in the RAV. For taller people the headroom is not what I thought. In the front passenger seat my son, who is 6'3"... his head hits the handle above the window when we go over speed bumps or around corners. I'm 5' 5" and it's been fine for me. The cup holders, console and pockets behind seats allow for easy access. Good access to rear, excellent cargo capacity for groceries, etc. Seats can be folded down or are easily removed to expand cargo room. Stereo is important to me and has been excellent, with speakers for back seating. I enjoy the sun roof, but its noisy when driving with it open. Gas mileage has been 15-20 mpg. I track mileage every fill up, if it goes down I get air pressure in tires checked or take it in for oil change or tune up. Faithfully maintained with regular service on time per dealers recommendation helps. Drivers door doesn't respond to keyless entry, all other doors are okay."

Good, reliable transportation. Handy in winter.

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

"Nice quality for interior and body paint. Weak link is the body molding is attached by plastic clips which get brittle and break with age. Chrome running bars, tinted windows, and wide wheels and tires really set this vehicle apart from the pack."

Great Car!

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Price, size, reliability, fun to drive"

Cons: "No V6 engine"

"Perfect size and so reliable. I loved this car! My only complaint is I need a V6 engine and RAV4 does not come with a V6. I would definitely buy this car again!"

dependable and responsive

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

"The rear seat is not comfortable. The hatch opens with the hinge on the right. It is a great compact size for parking. It responses quickly with high way and city driving. It has a great clearance for unplowed roads and drive ways. When I force it to do donuts and slides in the parking lot it is easy to correct. I don't want to go to the newer larger more comfort for passenger RAV4s."

Love this car. Hate to part with it!

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "Just needs a little freshening up"

Ready to go!

"Moving so have to sell because of new living plans. Car drives like a dream. Cloth seats and carpets a little stained but can be cleaned. Exterior paint on bumper peeling. New tires. Button for a/c wont engage unless you hold it in. New part and labor to replace board is about $300 in my area. Some blemishes and scrapes on outside but paint otherwise in good condition. Cute car. Back seats can be removed for large loads. 4 wheel drive which I have not used in 4 years I have owned it as not need in my area. Titanium color"

Ready to go!

Best Car I Have Ever Owned, I Would Buy It Again

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, light workhorse"

Cons: "Brakes make noise when humid, (so do other makes)"

"This is my first foreign brand car, but it is better than any American brand car that I have previously owned. When this Toyota RAV4 dies in the future, (hopefully way past 200,000 miles), I will shop for another one. I can take out the back seats and haul around my bicycle to the bike trail, or my lawn mower to my dad's house, or pack up equipment at work to an offsite location for a customer. It has been very low maintenance. After 100,000 miles, I had to get the brakes replaced. That has been the only mechanical repair since I bought this used in 2007. The all-wheel drive works great for most snowfalls in Dayton, Ohio, when there is too much snow for most normal car heights."