• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2003 Toyota RAV4

Based on 360 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Great all around car. I've been really happy with

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Park in compact spaces. Fun, visibility is good."

Cons: "Interior seems small w/riders.Car wash charges SUV"

"This has been a good vehicle for me. I had been driving an Accord, and I prefer sitting higher in the RAV. For taller people the headroom is not what I thought. In the front passenger seat my son, who is 6'3"... his head hits the handle above the window when we go over speed bumps or around corners. I'm 5' 5" and it's been fine for me. The cup holders, console and pockets behind seats allow for easy access. Good access to rear, excellent cargo capacity for groceries, etc. Seats can be folded down or are easily removed to expand cargo room. Stereo is important to me and has been excellent, with speakers for back seating. I enjoy the sun roof, but its noisy when driving with it open. Gas mileage has been 15-20 mpg. I track mileage every fill up, if it goes down I get air pressure in tires checked or take it in for oil change or tune up. Faithfully maintained with regular service on time per dealers recommendation helps. Drivers door doesn't respond to keyless entry, all other doors are okay."

Good, reliable transportation. Handy in winter.

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

"Nice quality for interior and body paint. Weak link is the body molding is attached by plastic clips which get brittle and break with age. Chrome running bars, tinted windows, and wide wheels and tires really set this vehicle apart from the pack."

Great Car!

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Price, size, reliability, fun to drive"

Cons: "No V6 engine"

"Perfect size and so reliable. I loved this car! My only complaint is I need a V6 engine and RAV4 does not come with a V6. I would definitely buy this car again!"

dependable and responsive

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

"The rear seat is not comfortable. The hatch opens with the hinge on the right. It is a great compact size for parking. It responses quickly with high way and city driving. It has a great clearance for unplowed roads and drive ways. When I force it to do donuts and slides in the parking lot it is easy to correct. I don't want to go to the newer larger more comfort for passenger RAV4s."

Love this car. Hate to part with it!

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "Just needs a little freshening up"

Ready to go!

"Moving so have to sell because of new living plans. Car drives like a dream. Cloth seats and carpets a little stained but can be cleaned. Exterior paint on bumper peeling. New tires. Button for a/c wont engage unless you hold it in. New part and labor to replace board is about $300 in my area. Some blemishes and scrapes on outside but paint otherwise in good condition. Cute car. Back seats can be removed for large loads. 4 wheel drive which I have not used in 4 years I have owned it as not need in my area. Titanium color"

Ready to go!