• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2003 Toyota RAV4

Based on 364 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Very reliable, sturdy car!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, convenient size"

Cons: "None!"

"My mother had this car for ten years before giving it to me two years ago. It's stayed in our family, and for a good reason. It's reliable, sturdy and drives well. If anyone is looking for a 'first car' for their children, I would recommend something like this. It'll last her, and also it's a safe driving vehicle. I take my car off-roading, through snow, and through all sorts of things most cars couldn't handle. It's the reliability of a truck or a suburban, but the petite size and convenience of a little car. Definitely a car that I have loved for years!"

Owes me NOTHING!!!

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

"I bought my RAV new in 2001. Except for 1 sensor that needed replacing 6 years ago, and having the front brakes replaced after 8 years, it has been problem free. I take care of it with scheduled oil changes, inspections, etc. so it has been very good to me. I've never owned a car this long .. and I think buying it was the best thing I ever did."

300,000 miles strong

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Great gas milage, very reliable, great performance"

Cons: "Cabin is a bit noisy at highway speeds"

almost 300,000 miles!!!!!!

"I'm a proud owner of a highly reliable, no issues, cheap to own 2002 Rav4 with 298,900 miles on the original engine and automatic transmission. With just minor wear and tear, and the factory paint still looking great, I plan to keep it running for as long as I can. At about 27 mpg on regular gas my Rav4 is still my daily driver. 10/10!!!!!!!"

almost 300,000 miles!!!!!!

Owned mine 12 years!

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy, VERY reliable, great gas milage,"

Cons: "Engine is a little weak"

"I have over 90,000 miles on my 2002 Rav and have never had any mechanical issues with it. It still drives great and looks great. Currently looking for new vics but only because I need a bit more size. Love this car!"

Great all around car. I've been really happy with

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Park in compact spaces. Fun, visibility is good."

Cons: "Interior seems small w/riders.Car wash charges SUV"

"This has been a good vehicle for me. I had been driving an Accord, and I prefer sitting higher in the RAV. For taller people the headroom is not what I thought. In the front passenger seat my son, who is 6'3"... his head hits the handle above the window when we go over speed bumps or around corners. I'm 5' 5" and it's been fine for me. The cup holders, console and pockets behind seats allow for easy access. Good access to rear, excellent cargo capacity for groceries, etc. Seats can be folded down or are easily removed to expand cargo room. Stereo is important to me and has been excellent, with speakers for back seating. I enjoy the sun roof, but its noisy when driving with it open. Gas mileage has been 15-20 mpg. I track mileage every fill up, if it goes down I get air pressure in tires checked or take it in for oil change or tune up. Faithfully maintained with regular service on time per dealers recommendation helps. Drivers door doesn't respond to keyless entry, all other doors are okay."