2001 Toyota RAV4

Based on 403 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

By on Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Quick AND Cheap to Drive

By on Friday, September 19, 2008

"This vehicle's response is quick as a cat...while allowing for its configuration and height, it compares favorably with my last car a Mazda Miata! It consistently gets 27-28 MPG and yet the 2.4 l. I-4 can quickly accelerate to road speed while merging into traffic. The downside is inside comfort for larger than average men - its a bit tight - but not like the Miata! I can't believe how lucky I was to find this car."

Great Small Family SUV

By on Thursday, September 4, 2008

"We love our 01 RAV4. We bought it used in 2003 with 35K miles. It is now up to 145K. No major problems. Just replaced the original battery. Has had the usual replacements: tires, brakes, oil. It is so versatile. The back seats can be folded up for extra storage, or completely taken out for alot of storage. This comes in handy for my husband's band equipment. Seats pop right back in, and ready to go with the kiddos in the back. The front seats aren't the most comfortable, but suitable. It also has alot of road noise when traveling on highway. The radio needs to be turned up quite alot to compensate. The mileage is not the best for a small SUV. We average about 22-24 highway. Despite these issues, we will keep the RAV4 for as long as she'll have us."

Love this car

By on Sunday, August 24, 2008

"I have owned this car for 5 years and I loved everything about it, and would buy another one for sure."

2001 rav4 "L" package

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"bought a 2001 rav4 "L" in 2006 with 68,000 miles on it. I find that the rav is very comfortable and had no problems with it. I just put new breaks on the car and do the routine oil changes. my rav now has 102,000 miles on it and is still running strong. before i bought the rav i had a 96 corolla. thanks toyota."

Best Mid-size SUV----Don't Pass One Up!!!!

By on Thursday, March 20, 2008

"We bought this back in in 2002, L Package, when they first brought out this new body style and have had it ever since. Zero issues other than a couple recalls but those were all preventative measures. We have over 95K miles now and my wife wouldn't trade it for nothing. She said she's keeping this vehicle from cradle to grave. All we've done is oil changes, a brake job around 65-70K miles (maybe more miles than that) and tires. I think according to the book it might be due for some flushes such as coolant and transmission. My only wish would be a little better MPG that is currently around 23mpg which is not bad at all. Vision and accessability is great not to mention the handling /cornering and the emergency off-road requirements this vehicle is a charm without any hesitation. We've had the Invisible Auto Bra installed on the hood, fenders, bumper, mirrors, and lights to prevent rock chips on the paint and the unsightly bug acid damage plus we'll never have to worry about our headlights fogging, yellowing or fading."

Nice lil SUV

By on Friday, February 22, 2008

"I just got myself a 2003 Rav4 this year and I am very impressed by this lil SUV. Prior to owning my Rav4 i had a Mustang. Well, now I have 3 kids and needed something a lil more spacious where I can fit 2 carseats in the back and the kids be comfortable. Not ready to to jump from a sports car to a mini van just yet. My fiancee and I went around to a couple local dealers to see what we would find because our credit isn't so great and when they showed us the Rav4, we were both SOLD! Traded the Mustang in and went home with the Rav4 that very night! So, not only is it a stylish lil SUV but it is sapcious, reliable and affordable. Already had to drive it in the snow and it handled like a charm. Great on gas! Engine is a lil noisy and could use a lil more leg room in the front but I cant complain, Im not the tall one. Thanx Toyota!"

Another Great Toyota-Love My Rav4

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"I have owned Toyota's since 1986 and my 2004 Rav4 just reinforces the fact that I will never own anything but a Toyota. I have the Sport Package... the hood scoop makes this little vehicle look "tough". Other than the typical maintenance I have had to do nothing other than recently replacing the brakes (I have over 60,000 miles on the vehicle). As with all the Toyota's I have owned, this is a fine piece of machinery. Not only is it reliable, comfortable and an overall great value - it's a lot of fun to drive! Being a 4 cylinder SUV you may think it lacks in power.. NOT! I've had 4 cylinder Camry's and this blows them away in power - having said that, gas mileage is about the same as the Camry - pretty good for a SUV! I've had this vehicle for almost 4 years and love it as much today as I did the day I bought it. The Rav4 is a GREAT vehicle and I would highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for a well made, reliable small (but spacious) SUV."

2004 Rav4 "L" - Great Ride

By on Sunday, January 6, 2008

"I leased this vehicle in 2004 and intend on purchasing this car. The only concern is a lack of a side airbag (became more "standard" in 2005). It does great in the snow and is fairly good on gas (19 overall). Keep in mind this is a 4 cylinder 4WD so the gas is not too bad. Perhaps the only concern is the engine noise which does seem a little high in the cabin when crusing at or above 40mph. So far, very reliable and would highly recommend! Per KBB...good residual!"

My favorite car ever

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"I bought this car new in 2001 and hope to drive it for another 6 years. It's the perfect balance for both commuting (30 mpg and a comfortable drive) and weekend trips to Home Depot (accomodates 8 ft lumber). The removable back seats offer great flexibility for cargo. No mechanical problems so far in my first 70K+ miles. I love this car!"

Rav4 Fan

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"This vehicle is by far the best I have ever owned. Excellent gas mileage, all-over comfort, even for tall people."

Toyota reliability

By on Wednesday, September 5, 2007

"Have now owned the car 4-years with no major problems. Fun to drive with terrific gas mileage. Brakes made noise and vibrated when braking hard, which went away with new, upgraded pads. Rattle in glove box ended up being loose grommets in the plastic paneling below the windshield wipers. Poor design because they keep coming loose. Easy to maintain as a home mechanic. Everything is easily accessible except the battery. Battery is buried under the dash. We invested in a Jump Start emergency device so we don't ever have to access the battery in an emergency. Transmission is sluggish which reflects on the performance. Motor is strong and able to climb no problem once the transmission finds the gear. Love the little touches like hanger hooks, grocery bag hooks, unique vents and removable rear seats. More cargo space than our larger Xterra once the seats are removed."

Love it!!

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"Can't be beat for fun, size and gas mileage."

I love this vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"This SUV is great. Can get the kids in and out of their car seats easily. Good on gas."

I bot this car new and have had no problems.

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage and reiliability."

Cons: "Really....none..."

"I bot this car new and have had no problems at all. The car has only been serviced by the dealer when it was due. The dealer has always been excellent with great prices and extra services many times were not charged. I hate giving the car up, biut feel it is time for me to move on to a bigger car. It's been great for commuting and used exclusively on the highways. It's been garage kept the whole time."

Great car!

By on Friday, March 8, 2013

Pros: "Excellent price, reliability, great sporty looks"

Cons: "A little noisy on freeway, but great stereo"

"I bought this car used when it was just 3 yrs old and only 20,000 miles on it. This car has proven its utility, time and time again. The only time I ever had to get work done on it is when I got into an accident with another car, even after the repair, it runs beautifully. Snow, ice, toting several hundred pounds of unassembled furniture from Ikea (love the pop-out back seats), its been awesome! The only maintenance I do is the oil changes, and thats it. Thanks Toyota for making such a great car!"

Low maintenance and dependable.

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, classic, removable rear seats."

Cons: "Rear glass does not retract."

"I purchased this RAV4 L vehicle new after seeing an older version of RAV4. I have never regretted the decision. I do the recommended maintenance with my Toyota dealer and have had only one major repair. My only complaint is that the rear glass does not retract so you can carry that 8 foot 2x4 you need. Overall, this is a great small SUV."

This car is the most dependable I have ever driven

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pros: "see review"

Cons: "see review"

"50 years of driving and this is the best vehicle ever. Utility is the word. Dependable, low maintenance costs, good ride, excellent acceleration and brakes. The blind spot bothers me a bit. Grey plastic over the clock drives me crazy because it is almost unreadable for the driver. But, and it's a big but, it is comfortable for long trips, has an easy "door" type rear opening,and good speakers. I bought this car new, have driven it for six years."

In love with my Ravvy

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "good gas mileage; reliable; long lasting; compact"

Cons: "No bells and whistles; low head room"

"I have had my Rav since early 2007 (about 5 years). I do all my regular maintenance, oil changes, tires etc. and have had no major issues with the car at all. I drive for work, and this car is very reliable, versatile (the back seats fold down and I have moved several times with the help of this car). The value really has stayed very steady, it has only dropped about 7,000 in value since I bought it 5 years ago, which is pretty good. Its not too fancy, no bells and whistles but a great, fun, reliable car that gets great gas mileage (I average about 27-28 overall) and drive a mix of highway and side streets. I am planning on keeping this car until it dies, which should be at least another 5 years!!"

Love my RAV4!!

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "fun little suv"

"We bought my 2005 6 months ago, and are happy with it. Drives great, zips through taffic, easy to park at the mall, cargo space holds lots of stuff, comfy seats. I read one review about discomfort on long trips, we took it on a 2-hour trip, and it was fine,although longer than that I don't know. My husband is a big guy, and he has room and says he doesn't feel as "squashed" as when he rode in my old car (a Dodge Neon)I'm getting about 22mpg in town(that hurts a little when gas prices go up)but its worth it for this car. I have had no problems on wet roads, and since it's awd shouldn't have trouble in snow. I like the fact that it's mid-size, set up a little higher off the road than a car,and not too big for regular driving in town. 4 adults ride very comfortably, with actual room for 5. The back seats lay down for even more cargo space, and I like that the back door swings to the side to open, instead of up (easier for us short people) Overall a great small family vehicle!"

great suv

By on Thursday, September 15, 2011

"excellent condition"

Great vehicle

By on Monday, October 18, 2010

"I purchased the Rav4 new in 2005 and have yet to have a problem with it. Never needed any repairs - brakes are the original and still do not need replacement (64,000 miles). Easy ride and handles great in all kinds of weather. I gave it a 4 in styling because when you open both back windows at the same time, there is a pressure and deafening sound that goes through the car - it's not so bad if you open only one back window at a time. The versatility of this car is also GREAT! You can remove both back seats or one and leave the other. It worked out great when moving or picking furniture up - easy to take out and put back in the seats. I am extremely happy with this vehicle and would highly recommend purchasing this car."

My 3rd RAV4

By on Sunday, September 26, 2010

"I love my RAV4. In fact, this is the third consecutive RAV4 I've owned. I bought it new and now, 9 years later, I couldn't be happier with it. I intend to keep it until it falls apart. I've had no repair costs outside normal wear and tear--new tires, windshield wiper blades, struts and shocks, etc. I have the oil changed every 7500 miles per the owner's manual, and that's that. Simply no problems whatsoever. It performs great--so great that my notoriously heavy lead foot gets it up above 90MPH and there's no change in how it rides. It's so smooth, I've gone over 100 without realizing it. Although I love RAV4s and would gladly buy another one, when it comes time to do so I will have to look for something else, because Toyota is no longer making RAV4s with manual transmissions. I HATE automatics and will not buy one. So, my love affair with the RAV4 will eventually come to an end, but not because of any bad experiences with the ones I've owned."

Solid Vehicle

By on Thursday, February 11, 2010

"I've had my Rav-4 for 4 1/2 years now and it is still running like a gem. It is large enough for all my needs and yet it still feels small enough to zip around the city. The car has great flexiblity, for example the rear seats are removable, and is very reliable. If you are deciding on a used SUV I would suggest this vehicle or a newer model. GREAT CAR!!!"

Great vehicle

By on Sunday, November 22, 2009

"I've owned my Rav since it was new and I will try to get another when it's time to trade it in. The only thing that has been an issue is the seats being uncomfortable on long trips. The transmission went out all of a sudden, but I'm sure that was a fluke. I am a Toyota person and know how relliable they are. I haven't had a problem with it since then and it's 7 years old. Very little maintenance has been needed and it runs great!"