• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2001 Toyota RAV4

Based on 367 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

I love this car

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Not great gas mileage"

"This car is 14 years old, and I've had it for about 10 of those years. It has amazing turning radius, I can make a full u-turn easily anywhere. It's really roomy all around, the back seats lay flat for more room. It gets 17 miles a gallon in the city and about 25 miles a gallon on the highway. It's a little noisy at high speeds and I'm at a loss as to what kind of car I should get once this one dies on me. Don't think I'll ever love a car more than I love this one."

has held up well for 12 years

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Reason: trade in

Pros: "reliable and easy to maintain"

Cons: "ride could be a little more quiet"

"We purchased it at 120K and 82K later, it still looks and runs good. It is a great college kid car."

Fear I'll Never Be Satisfied with Another!!

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Great in snow/wind/rain/sunny hot days not Too hot"

Cons: "Stero system could be better"

"After i had known many other people who loved their Toyotas, I decided it was time for me to have a car to love. I had never kept a car before for more than 5 years, as I always ended up with multiple things I was unhappy with. But I have owned my Rav 4 for over 12 years and there is no way I could have been more satisfied! I just fear whenever I do get a replacement, that it will not live up to my expectations!! It seems many new cars today do not have the same options as they had in the past-- easy to remove back seats if need to move something, back seats fold forward if my short dog wants to sit on it like a "booster seat", front seats recline fully if one needs to nap as spouse is at a store/gathering that the other chooses not to go. Also comfortable for long trips!"

Very reliable, sturdy car!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, convenient size"

Cons: "None!"

"My mother had this car for ten years before giving it to me two years ago. It's stayed in our family, and for a good reason. It's reliable, sturdy and drives well. If anyone is looking for a 'first car' for their children, I would recommend something like this. It'll last her, and also it's a safe driving vehicle. I take my car off-roading, through snow, and through all sorts of things most cars couldn't handle. It's the reliability of a truck or a suburban, but the petite size and convenience of a little car. Definitely a car that I have loved for years!"

Owes me NOTHING!!!

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

"I bought my RAV new in 2001. Except for 1 sensor that needed replacing 6 years ago, and having the front brakes replaced after 8 years, it has been problem free. I take care of it with scheduled oil changes, inspections, etc. so it has been very good to me. I've never owned a car this long .. and I think buying it was the best thing I ever did."