2001 Toyota RAV4

Based on 362 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

dependable and responsive

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

"The rear seat is not comfortable. The hatch opens with the hinge on the right. It is a great compact size for parking. It responses quickly with high way and city driving. It has a great clearance for unplowed roads and drive ways. When I force it to do donuts and slides in the parking lot it is easy to correct. I don't want to go to the newer larger more comfort for passenger RAV4s."

Love this car. Hate to part with it!

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "Just needs a little freshening up"

Ready to go!

"Moving so have to sell because of new living plans. Car drives like a dream. Cloth seats and carpets a little stained but can be cleaned. Exterior paint on bumper peeling. New tires. Button for a/c wont engage unless you hold it in. New part and labor to replace board is about $300 in my area. Some blemishes and scrapes on outside but paint otherwise in good condition. Cute car. Back seats can be removed for large loads. 4 wheel drive which I have not used in 4 years I have owned it as not need in my area. Titanium color"

Ready to go!

Best Car I Have Ever Owned, I Would Buy It Again

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, light workhorse"

Cons: "Brakes make noise when humid, (so do other makes)"

"This is my first foreign brand car, but it is better than any American brand car that I have previously owned. When this Toyota RAV4 dies in the future, (hopefully way past 200,000 miles), I will shop for another one. I can take out the back seats and haul around my bicycle to the bike trail, or my lawn mower to my dad's house, or pack up equipment at work to an offsite location for a customer. It has been very low maintenance. After 100,000 miles, I had to get the brakes replaced. That has been the only mechanical repair since I bought this used in 2007. The all-wheel drive works great for most snowfalls in Dayton, Ohio, when there is too much snow for most normal car heights."

best vehicle ever

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Cons: "might need some new shock absorbers"

"starts every time, even not being garaged the past winter in NE, never had to to much except usual maintenance, my mechanic says this car will go another 170,000 miles and I believe him, reliable, good gas mileage, perfect height for getting in and out, excellent room for carrying items in back with seats down. can't say enough, would keep, but I need a newer car and it will be a RAV 4."

I bot this car new and have had no problems.

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage and reiliability."

Cons: "Really....none..."

"I bot this car new and have had no problems at all. The car has only been serviced by the dealer when it was due. The dealer has always been excellent with great prices and extra services many times were not charged. I hate giving the car up, biut feel it is time for me to move on to a bigger car. It's been great for commuting and used exclusively on the highways. It's been garage kept the whole time."

See if you qualify for