2000 Toyota RAV4

Based on 299 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Has been maintained by a Toyota specialist.

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "Les Schwabb tires and NEW Brakes by L.S."

Cons: "Driver side only sun visor. Worked for us."

"Driven about 7,500 miles per year since we purchased the vehicle in 2007 from the original buyer. The Rav 4 is a reliable all wheel drive car that has NEW FRONT Brakes, a moon roof, electric windows and mirrors and has a tow package which was rarely used but, is handy if it is needed. It has a versatile roof rack, and spare tire holder mounted on the rear day, providing more storage in the back cargo area. Seats 4 comfortably and seat belts 5 passengers if the one in the middle is smaller. (smile) Our son took a teaching job in another country and won't be home for a few years, so we are selling it with the hopes that it will meet the needs of another driver who will appreciate the TLC it has been given over the years. The cloth seats, floor mats front, back, and rear compartment are in great shape and the radio, heater, AC all work great."

Best car I ever owned!

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, good gas mileage, very reliable."

Cons: "Expensive parts"

"I have had my Rav4 since 2001. I LOVE this car! It has never, ever broken down and left me sit anywhere! Sure, it has had some problems, like we had to replace the catalytic converter and other various parts that have worn out. The car is, after all, over 15 years old. That being said, however, I think it was the best $20,000 I ever spent. Being 15 years old, it still drives like a dream. I do 75 and 80 miles an hour on the highway and the steering wheel is steady as a rock. No vibrations or shimmying whatsoever. The only bad part is that parts for this model can be a little expensive and the heat shields under the front end tend to rust out a little so that there is a rattle when I first start it up sometimes but other than that, it's a great car. Also, the wheels are a little beat up and it has some dents and dings but I don't plan on selling it so that doesn't matter too much. It has over 215K miles and it still runs great."

Excelllent Gas Mileage

By on Sunday, May 26, 2013

"I currently fill up with $40. and it last me 2 weeks or more. But I work less than 3 miles from home. I bought this car from a private owner last year. There is an anoying rattle that I can not find out where it comes from. Usually when I press on the brakes. I currently had the timing belt and valve cover changed. $$$. I bought with the inspection expired, but I thought it was nothing. Thank God for Air Check Texas. To pass emission the bill was $400. plus. Timing belt was close to $500. So I already have $1000 in it that I could not really afford. Comfort is not a strong point. I feel every bump and pot hole, and that is going 30 mph or less. Very bouncy vehicle. But, all around a decent vehicle once I get the oil pump leak fixed, and fix the rattling prob."

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, spacious, good price"

Cons: "small cup holders, trunk door opens horizontally"

"I have owned this car since it was made in 1998. Couldn't have been a better purchase! It's considered a small SUV, but there is a huge trunk and is spacious for passengers. I would encourage any one to buy a Rav4!"

Cant seem to kill it

By on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Original owner Well the 2k rav is a great suv. At 200K miles it still runs great, doesnt burn oil, doesnt smoke, doesnt leak. The paint still shines, the Wheels still look good. The breaks, well i have 200K miles and the fronts are on number 2 set, the rear are original. I have my 3rd set of tires. every power thing works, the clock died, which honestly ill take that over a tranny or something else. The motor is great, the 3sfe was a fantastic motor, the tranny is good for 300+hp so for the 127 it has, the tranny should last forever. It has had a few issues, which were very easy and cheap to fix. The rear break cable got stretched out over years of use, this was replaced. The rear breaks rattle a bit, but for the originals they probably just need a new set of pads. It hessitates every now and then, which i have not yet figured out why yet, but i am sure it is nothing big, probably needs some fuel injector cleaner and a good highway drive. The Suv is great in the snow and rain with good tires, its scary with bald ones, as its a short wheelbase. This is not a Beach truck, it is great in some mud and dirt, but the sand is a bit much for it. The system is Fulltime 4wd, it does not have a locking system, the stick version i believe does, but for a get from point A to B it is about as good as it gets. Plenty of room, power is really not their so flooring it helps (all the time). It will hit about 85 before it just wont go anymore. It stops like a porsche 911. It goes around corners on rails. The MPG is not that great, it gets about 20MPG combined and about 27 on the highway, 17 or so city, which for a small suv you would think better, if i dont beat on it, meaning drive 0-60 in 5min i can get about 23mpg combined. I would Buy another today, heck if you know anyone with one with a stick and less then 300K miles let me know."