2000 Toyota RAV4

Based on 298 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Excelllent Gas Mileage

By on Sunday, May 26, 2013

"I currently fill up with $40. and it last me 2 weeks or more. But I work less than 3 miles from home. I bought this car from a private owner last year. There is an anoying rattle that I can not find out where it comes from. Usually when I press on the brakes. I currently had the timing belt and valve cover changed. $$$. I bought with the inspection expired, but I thought it was nothing. Thank God for Air Check Texas. To pass emission the bill was $400. plus. Timing belt was close to $500. So I already have $1000 in it that I could not really afford. Comfort is not a strong point. I feel every bump and pot hole, and that is going 30 mph or less. Very bouncy vehicle. But, all around a decent vehicle once I get the oil pump leak fixed, and fix the rattling prob."

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, spacious, good price"

Cons: "small cup holders, trunk door opens horizontally"

"I have owned this car since it was made in 1998. Couldn't have been a better purchase! It's considered a small SUV, but there is a huge trunk and is spacious for passengers. I would encourage any one to buy a Rav4!"

The best car I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pros: "Great value, very reliable, fun to drive"

Cons: "Needs extra cup holder, better cassette player"

"I own the 1996 version of this car. I it, by far, the most reliable car I have ever driven. I commute to school and work, about 60-80 miles each day. It's never broken down on me and is getting near the 200k mile mark. I've only owned it for 60k miles, but I've fallen in love over that period of time. Aside from routine maintenance like oil changes, tune-ups, and replacing the timing belt/ water pump, she's had zero mechanical issues and cosmetically, she is in pristine condition. My only complaints are the my stock cassette player (which is really fussy, but I refuse to waste money on a CD player) and sometimes it does not accelerate as fast as I'd like (but then again, I drive like an old lady and never 'floor it'). It's cozy but roomy, good for going on road trips and camping, it fits my GIANT dog very comfortably, there are very little blind spots, and I feel very safe in it (even in the winter). My last car was a Camry which was also great and convinced me to search for another Toyota (I slipped on black ice a few winters ago and that Camry saved my life). I would highly recommend this car to anyone."

Great service

By on Friday, November 04, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, 4WD great, handles good"

Cons: "Wish ride was little quieter inside"

"This vehicle has been a workhorse for a long-distance commuter. Usual upkeep all that has been required. Couldn't have asked for a more reliable vehicle. Easy to drive, handles great. Had 18,000 miles on it when purchased - now 299,900 and still going!"

Cant seem to kill it

By on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Original owner Well the 2k rav is a great suv. At 200K miles it still runs great, doesnt burn oil, doesnt smoke, doesnt leak. The paint still shines, the Wheels still look good. The breaks, well i have 200K miles and the fronts are on number 2 set, the rear are original. I have my 3rd set of tires. every power thing works, the clock died, which honestly ill take that over a tranny or something else. The motor is great, the 3sfe was a fantastic motor, the tranny is good for 300+hp so for the 127 it has, the tranny should last forever. It has had a few issues, which were very easy and cheap to fix. The rear break cable got stretched out over years of use, this was replaced. The rear breaks rattle a bit, but for the originals they probably just need a new set of pads. It hessitates every now and then, which i have not yet figured out why yet, but i am sure it is nothing big, probably needs some fuel injector cleaner and a good highway drive. The Suv is great in the snow and rain with good tires, its scary with bald ones, as its a short wheelbase. This is not a Beach truck, it is great in some mud and dirt, but the sand is a bit much for it. The system is Fulltime 4wd, it does not have a locking system, the stick version i believe does, but for a get from point A to B it is about as good as it gets. Plenty of room, power is really not their so flooring it helps (all the time). It will hit about 85 before it just wont go anymore. It stops like a porsche 911. It goes around corners on rails. The MPG is not that great, it gets about 20MPG combined and about 27 on the highway, 17 or so city, which for a small suv you would think better, if i dont beat on it, meaning drive 0-60 in 5min i can get about 23mpg combined. I would Buy another today, heck if you know anyone with one with a stick and less then 300K miles let me know."