2000 Toyota RAV4

Based on 286 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

She is a champ!

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "1 Cup holder"

I painted it lime (like the Kia Soul lime)

"I'm just now considering getting another car but another Toyota. I still want to keep her though even with all the miles. I think she needs a timing belt now which may the most expensive repair I've had to do with her. This is the most reliable vehicle I've ever had. I have never had a vehicle this long. I paid cash for her and I've been car note free for about 7 years (5 with her). I can't imagine going back into a car note. I can't just let her go and be placed into a land field somewhere. She makes noise, squeak and I have to push harder inorder to accelerate but she keep pushing on. I never regretted getting this car, it was a steal!"

I painted it lime (like the Kia Soul lime)

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

"Best little truck ever. Love it! Fun to drive,economical, practical"

Amazing First car

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "Great in the snow, fun to drive and higher view"

Cons: "one cup holders and no arm rests"

"I got it for my first car used with around 68000 miles on it in 09. No issues with it starting or breaking down on me. It did need normal upkeep, like a new battery and tires. The struts would go out more often than I was expecting, so the ride at times was not the ultra smooth ride of the newer models. Handled snow and ice/slush without any issues. It took a while to get up to speed on hills. Took it half way across the country and it handled it great the whole time. There is only one cup holder though and no arm rest in the middle which got annoying on long drives. For a first car though it was an amazing little car!"

Best car I have ever owned

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "very reliable, cheap to own, fun to drive"

Cons: "At 200,000 it started to need more maintenance"

"I bought my 1998 Toyota RAV4 as a used car when it was 5 years old, in 2003, for $10,000, and it's now the end of 2014, and I'm still driving it. It's a very reliable and trustworthy car. I have driven it across the United States and Canada several times, moved in it several times, and carried furniture and pets and boxes and camping gear in it. In the 11 years I have owned it, I have replaced the tires twice, the brakes once, the timing belt once, and the transmission once. At 257,000 miles it finally developed a problem difficult to fix: the EGR emission system is buggy now. But that's it. The car still runs great!"

Great car, reliable, I would buy it again.

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Great little SUV. Reliable. Fun."

Cons: "Paint starts wearing out after 15 years."

"This is a great car. I bought it in 2002 with 78000 miles and have put about the same amount of miles on it in the 12 years since. I have maintained it religiously - it has only needed one repair, an oxygen sensor, for $100. Better than any car I've ever owned. The paint job is wearing out at 17 years but other than that, this little SUV should go another 150,000 miles. It is peppy - goes up hills at 70 mph, and I never go over 3000 on the tachometer. Plenty of room for two though I've carried four adults besides me in it just fine. The only other problem is that in Northern CA people steel the spare tire and wheel - even though I had locking lug nuts. Not the car's fault though, and if I had garage space that wouldn't have happened. Bottom line: great car. It has a Celica chassis, drives like a sport car, After 2006 Toyota changed the engine and chassis and went to a truck chassis - whole different ball game. I'm a short woman and someone told me that "women like Rav4s" - it may be true. With mirrors and the good visibility through all windows from driver's position, there are no blind spots. Highly recommended."