2000 Toyota RAV4

Based on 290 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Love My Little Rosie

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, tough, cute, fun to drive, handles well"

Cons: "Small engine not super for passing, rough ride."

"My Rosie is the BEST 'lil car ever! Fun to drive, with the 5 speed manual tranny. She has what I would describe as a "trucky" ride, a bit rough, but I don't mind. Toyota dependability and quality. Her paint is beginning to fade a bit, but she has spent the better part of her life outside. She has about 129,000 miles on her and I hope to drive her a hundred more! She is great in the New Mexico snow, and handles really well, really a road hugger and so easy to slide into a parking space. No blind spots either, which is a problem on some cars. Only minor complaint I have is her little engine might slow a bit on really long steep climbs. She can putt down the freeway with ease, but she's tough enough for a washboard dirt road. Gas mileage is about 20 mpg, probably would be better on a newer model. Although her interior isn't big, it has a feeling of spaciousness where you don't feel cramped or like your head is touching the ceiling. Can't ever go wrong with a Toyota!"

Great vehicle

By on Monday, March 09, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, well built, easy to work o"

Cons: "Have owned for 6 years and have no complaints!!!"

"This RAV 4 was purchased in July 2008 with 209,000 miles on it and has been great!! It needed struts and shocks at around 300,000 miles but if you do preventive maintenance on it, it is very reliable. Love it so much that are purchasing an additional RAV 4, a 2001, so we will now have 2 in the family instead of just 1."

Fun to drive

By on Friday, March 06, 2015

Pros: "Fun and easy to drive"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

Raveroo

"I purchased my 1999 RAV4 in December 1998 and have enjoyed driving it for 160,000 miles. It's fun to drive, handles well, is peppy enough, gets decent gas mileage, is all-wheel drive, easy to park, hauls up to 4 (each with their own door), and has cargo room for groceries, picnic fixin's, or a few suitcases. It's a great vehicle for a college student, a small family, or anyone else who likes smaller vehicles. The RAV4 is easy to get in/out of so great for us older folks too. It has been very reliable and has many more good miles left! I'm only selling now because my 2015 Tacoma gets jealous when I drive the '99 RAV4!"

Raveroo

best car i ever owned

By on Friday, January 09, 2015

Reason: gift

Pros: "Nimble, cute and FUN to drive! Nice red color."

Cons: "cd player scratched discs"

"Never a problem in the time I owned it . Niece still loves it 15 years after I bought it!"

She is a champ!

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "1 Cup holder"

I painted it lime (like the Kia Soul lime)

"I'm just now considering getting another car but another Toyota. I still want to keep her though even with all the miles. I think she needs a timing belt now which may the most expensive repair I've had to do with her. This is the most reliable vehicle I've ever had. I have never had a vehicle this long. I paid cash for her and I've been car note free for about 7 years (5 with her). I can't imagine going back into a car note. I can't just let her go and be placed into a land field somewhere. She makes noise, squeak and I have to push harder inorder to accelerate but she keep pushing on. I never regretted getting this car, it was a steal!"

I painted it lime (like the Kia Soul lime)