1999 Toyota RAV4

Based on 298 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Great little workhorse!

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "It needed a little more leg room, front and back."

Cons: "Not good for tight turns."

"I purchased this RAV4 new in 1999 and although I had problems with a 1995 Toyota Tacoma, I have been extremely happy with this car. I delivered mail out of it, use it for family and now put my walker in the back. It's never let me down in the 14 years I've had it. Never a breakdown and completely reliable."

This car is excellent

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Cons: "none."

"I have had this car for 14 years. It has never broken down, gas milage is good. The body does not have any rust. It handles well and can move out when needed. Not always the case with a small car. Itake it to the garage for regular maintance. It also rides well and the interior is in great shape. All in all a great car."

Reliable, safe and dependable transportation

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"I bought this auto at 52,600 miles and it remains a very reliable, safe and dependable transportation. I have used just two front seats last two years as I travel about the country. The roadability is stable and secure."

Most economical, useful vehicle we've ever owned

By on Sunday, April 12, 2009

"We bought our RAV4 new in 1999. Our is an AWD model. Ten years later is has 200,000 miles and is still going strong. It uses NO oil between changes. I replaced the tires yesterday because the tread was looking a little thin (but still perfectly even) and some small cracks were showing in the sidewalls, and when I checked my records I found I had gotten 107,000 miles on this set of tires - a tribute both to the quality of the RAV4 and the tires (Yokohama Geolander H/T-S which are perfect for this car). I drive this car 100 miles a day 5 days a week to commute and it is never in the shop. It gets a consistant 27 mpg. The AWD works great in the snow. I change the oil every 4,000 miles and have a Toyota dealer perform recommended servcies every 30,000 miles and that is all. Fantastic little car."

Best car I ever owned!

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, good gas mileage, very reliable."

Cons: "Expensive parts"

"I have had my Rav4 since 2001. I LOVE this car! It has never, ever broken down and left me sit anywhere! Sure, it has had some problems, like we had to replace the catalytic converter and other various parts that have worn out. The car is, after all, over 15 years old. That being said, however, I think it was the best $20,000 I ever spent. Being 15 years old, it still drives like a dream. I do 75 and 80 miles an hour on the highway and the steering wheel is steady as a rock. No vibrations or shimmying whatsoever. The only bad part is that parts for this model can be a little expensive and the heat shields under the front end tend to rust out a little so that there is a rattle when I first start it up sometimes but other than that, it's a great car. Also, the wheels are a little beat up and it has some dents and dings but I don't plan on selling it so that doesn't matter too much. It has over 215K miles and it still runs great."