1998 Toyota RAV4

Based on 295 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Great little workhorse!

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "It needed a little more leg room, front and back."

Cons: "Not good for tight turns."

"I purchased this RAV4 new in 1999 and although I had problems with a 1995 Toyota Tacoma, I have been extremely happy with this car. I delivered mail out of it, use it for family and now put my walker in the back. It's never let me down in the 14 years I've had it. Never a breakdown and completely reliable."

I LOVE my Rav!

By on Sunday, September 23, 2007

"Oh, my gosh, where do I start...I LOVE my Rav!! I got it with 119K and it now has 164K and still going strong! Regular maintenance, brakes, tires, previous owner put a new timing belt on at 94K. Nothing major. I would recommend this car in a heartbeat. In fact, my husband and I can't wait to get rid of our Pontiac Montana (when carpooling ends in June) and trade it in for another Rav. The Pontiac has been nothing but expensive trouble and the Rav has been nothing but dependable. I love that it gets into small parking spaces so easily and I love that I get 30 mpg with a mix of city and hwy. driving! I'm sad that they made it bigger, I like this smaller version. One last thing...I'm older and I don't like climbing in and out of smaller cars like a Corolla. The Rav is the perfect height for someone who just wants to get in their car without twisting a hip or knee out of joint."

Perhaps the best

By on Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Never owned an Asian vehicle and boy, have I missed out. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned period. Yes, I bought it used and it was maintained somewhat, but wow! With 126000 miles when bought and now 140000 and doesn't leak anything at all. Doesn't burn or use oil or smoke. It is flawless in every way. A bit small even with four doors, but superior handling and driving. The reliability can not be matched and I have driven imports and domestic vehicles of all sorts. I bought it cheap and to just check out and simply feel in love with it in everyway. I can't find anything wrong with it at all. The proof is in the pudding for sure. I can't imagine what one of these things would be like brand new. In fact, the girl who sold it to me actually bought a new one and same color and I see why. It is over built like the Lexus. I'm sold and will drive this one for a very long time and will purchase a Toyota next time, no doubt about it."

LUV LUV LUV MY RAV4

By on Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pros: "Just great all-around and so much fun to drive."

Cons: "No cup holders! Still a great car!"

"I bought this certified Rav4 in 1999 and it's been amazing. I've kept up with the regular maintenance and it's an absolute gem. The only replacement I made was the air conditioner. I'm thinking about getting a newer model, but I'm hesitant because this one still drives beautifully. Why buy when it ain't broke? I would recommend Toyota RAV4 to everyone. It's a no-stress vehicle!"

Love this car.

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Great car for price."

"I bought this car used in 2000 with 30,000 miles. 14 years later and driven by all my children still runs great. Never broke down only regular maintenance, very reliable."