• 2014 Compact Cars

2014 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,717 - $23,406.

10/7.9

Based on 298 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Love it. Wife bought one 10 months later.

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

"It had some interior vibrations and rattles that I fixed after checking on the internet for the fix. It seems to be a common problem. The car is very roomy in the rear and the front. My friend who is 285 lbs. and 6 ft. 2 inches fits in it nicely. He can't fit into his sister-in-laws full size Volvo."

Have been in love with this car!

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Radar Cruse Control, Auto Parking, Toyota quality"

Cons: "Seems to always be in the way of other traffic."

"Just the fact alone I don't have to go to the gas station all the time is great! Actually I love my Toyota. Although I was in my late forties, I bought the car, Prius! Boy am I glad I did. Have only had one instance of complete failure. Friday bight I unloaded the trunk, backed into the garage. When I went to the car Monday morning, IT WAS DEAD .... The Hybrid battery was fine. Fully charged. There is a small 12volt Battery in the trunk to start the computer. What did I do, Backed in garage Friday night. No power to even open trunk, as it is also electric. Could not pull car out , as garage is at a 90 degrees from driveway. Called Toyota Care, they were able to get me up in running in no time."

Cons: "Expensive car, wayyyyyyyyy expensive"

"oh my bum! I drive 100 miles a day and the 2010 has a bad driver seat for backs and bums. I have rented the 2011. 2012 and 2013. So I know what I am talking about. As for driving in the wind - the higher the wind the lower you drive"

Cons: "Expensive car, wayyyyyyyyy expensive"

Solid car - very efficient and reliable

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

"It's a good car, averaging just over 50 MPG with no obvious mechanical problems after two years. Only gripes are that it is boring to drive and makes a fair amount of road noise."

great vehicle - great mileage

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "great mileage, great appointments"

"to get the most out of Prius' mileage, you need to learn its 'tricks'. Easiest and most effective is 'pulsing and coasting'. Accelerating to a desired speed, perhaps a little higher, then letting off the accelerator until the gas engine shuts, then, pressing on the accelerator just below the midpoint and below the gas engine start threshold. The electric motor should be able to maintain the speed with very slight speed loss. Please do not do this in traffic with other vehicles around you. Using this technique, you will maximize mileage and minimize gas engine use / wear. This may seem awkward, but it works."

Exceeded my expectations

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "Saves tons of money on fuel."

Cons: "Not a race car. Weak acceleration."

"I needed a car for long trips to work and back everyday. This car exceeded expectations by being very fuel efficient. I could get over 60mpg while cruising at 48mph. My car has 50.3 miles per gallon average over it's life time of driving 35,000 miles. So, far compared to my previous car 18mpg Mercury Cougar, I've already saved over $6000 in gas alone."

ECONOMICAL BUT LOUD AND NOT VERY COMFORTABLE

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "TOYOTA RELIABILITY"

Cons: "LOUD, UNCOMFORTABLE, NO POWER, BORING TO DRIVE"

"Pretty good mpg (42 overall) but a lot of road noise, which gets old after a couple of hours. Seats are OK but no comfortable places to rest your elbows, making for an uncomfortable trip taking machine. The power in the Prius is very disappointing. I recent drove a Lincoln MKZ that got 40+ mpg and launched like a rocket. I will probably be selling my Prius and putting the money into a better car that gets comparable mpg but is fun to drive, much quieter, and more comfortable for longer trips. Consider your better options before plopping down hard earned money on a Prius. There are many options these days in the 30+ and 40+ mpg categories which are much more fun to drive and offer excellent safety and reliability. Real mpg for everyday driving in this car is about 40...just so you know that the 50+ claimers are trying very hard to get those numbers, which are not good examples of normal driving styles."

Pleasantly surprised

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

"Vehicle exceded my expedations"

Can't go wrong with a Prius

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Snappy, overall pricing, comfort, quality"

Cons: "Comfort, Paint, Low Bumpers"

"Wanted to but a Prius since it came out, but the driving experience just wasn't there (or looks). Finally after waiting for the right one, we just went with the '11 and no complaints, everything so far is great. The only issues we have is that the paint quality is not that great, easily scratches out of nothing, but we learnt to live with it. front and back inside and out everything is really good quality and aside from regular maintenance we haven't had any mechanical or electrical issues come up. MPG is around 48, but if you drive it a bit snappy you'll get more towards 42mpg. My best has been 59, but that's driving really trying to get the most out of it and not in a hurry. Comfortable ride, a bit noisy and for really long drives not the best seats (5+ hrs) Really recommend this car, we wish we would've done it sooner, but the previous models just didn't feel natural, this new Prius drives way better and it seems like it'll go forever."

Fabulous Fuel Economy and ultra low emissions.

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "Efficient and fun driving!"

Cons: "Noisy on some highways. Reg braking issues."

"This is a roomy comfortable car for four adults plus extra items in the hatchback. I have experienced up to 65 mpg driving the 23 miles one way to work. Average of all driving is about 46 mpg. More get up a go than you might think from such high efficiency. I love this car which is why my wife and I both have one. Only issues are some highway road noise and the regenerative braking system which sometimes on slow speed bumpy stops does not engage as fast as I would prefer. We also had a van and now a nice F150 but we will always take the Prius if we can fit all of our gear/luggage in the car."

2nd prius, As good as it gets

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Good ride, good response and handling, exellent!"

Cons: "Some road noise. Sitting low to the ground."

"Not too good if you can;t stand driving from Wa to CA on 22 gallons of reg. Lots of room for luggage."

Waste of money!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "good mpg"

Cons: "uncomfortable and feels cheaply built"

"Good car for running around town but totally worthless for taking longer trips if you want to be comfortable and feel safe. The mpg is good, exterior design is somewhat nice, but comfort and quality leave something to be desired. Doors sound like empty pop cans when shutting them. Would recommend for very short trips but not for anything that requires more than 30 minutes to an hour of travel time. There are several other options available now that offer much better quality and comfort with similar mpg."

Noisy

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Can get 50+ mpg on a good day."

Cons: "Loud tire bounce, MPG is lower in the winter"

"Too much road noise from tire bounce. MPG is lower in the winer (40 to 45 MPG). I love technology and this car connects to my cell phone and streams music from my iPod via Bluetooth or USB. The Prius 2 doesn't include a GPS but it has a touch screen radio. With the USB connection that song title and album cover is displayed on the touch screen. The instrument panel displays an icon of the car and shows the flow of electrical current as you drive. The 2012 Prius 2 doesn't include a backup camera but I was able to install an aftermarket camera. The wiring harness was under the headliner and the camera cable was a short distance from the rear hatch. The camera cost me $20 and probably would cost Toyota less than $5, why didn't they just include the camera? On a 300 mile trip from Chicago to Dayton Ohio, it got 53 MPG."

this car is great we are selling to down size

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

"drives very good great gas milage stored in side"

Way too much road noise

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable driving, responsive"

Cons: "Noisy Rear brakes replaced too soon"

"I really like this car except that the road noise is so bad the radio has to be turned up high. Even without the radio on, it can be difficult to have a conversation due to the noise. Also, the rear brakes needed to be replaced at about 55000 miles. I read a review that this has been a problem with this year Prius. I am very disappointed in a Toyota product that has this problem. About $450 to replace them. Everyone I've talked to has said the front brakes do all the work so no one knows why the back brakes need replacing and the front brakes are like new."

excellent car has rain guards too kept in garage

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

"I would recommend this car to my best friend a beautiful barcenlona red with tan leather heated seats and everything you would ever need or want in a car plus 51 miles per gal"

A very economical & reliable car.

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

"Overall, very pleased. My only negatives are: hard to see out the back window & the sides in the rear; the road noise is pretty loud - especially on a concrete highway. The gas mileage is really not as good as the trip computer says. Mine has been about 3 - 4 mpg less than the trip computer. Overall mpg - 46 - 48. But it's still better than other cars. The seats are pretty comfortable even on long trips."

Like a lot, but sound problems

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Noisy on highway; sound system went out on us."

"We have enjoyed our 2010 Prius - the second we have owned. Great gas mileage, reliable. However, it seems quite noisy on the freeway, to the point we are seeking a quieter next car. Also, the CD player gave out before 50,000 miles. Cost to replace with a rebuilt system: $1200. Or $2000 for a new system. Far too much."

The Prius is a great value, bigger than you think

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "actually fun to drive"

Cons: "road noise, small footprint.big cars will push you"

"If you are looking for an efficient ride, Prius will deliver. Upgrade it and you have all the features of the luxury cars except road noise. the leather is not as fancy, etc. etc. Nav, Sat radio, remote a/c, rooftop solar and more. the mileage is the real key.....the 2011 was rated at 51mpg.......my first tank was 53.7.........if you really pooch it you can do much better (except the honking horns behind you as you coast along) I would buy another in a minute."

best car on the road today

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "fair price, great mileage, stylish"

Cons: "not for jackrabbits"

"the Prius is the best car on the road in my opinion. I'm on my second one and you don't have to sacrifice creature comforts to drive one. Once you get past the fact that the car is not a sports car and realize that you can get over 50mpg by watiching how you drive, you will quickly be driving with a very light foot to maximize your mileage and that becomes a game you play with each new tank of gas. I'll never go back to a gas engine car."

very economy

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

"good on gas"

Nice Car

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "Excellent mileage, good on snow and ice"

Cons: "Tailgaters and haters"

"Nice car, drives great year around and reliable. Gets better mileage than claimed. I've gotten as high as 65 mpg in the city and 55 on the highway (in the summer). Fuel formulations are different in the winter and it gets about 10% less mileage then. The only problem I have is that I hate being tailgated and the Prius attracts that kind of thing, even if you are speeding. The car has plenty of power and will go over 100 with ease."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25