2014 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,160 - $23,083.

10/7.9

Based on 369 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Best mileage vehicle I have owned

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Excellent mileage, stylish, spacious interior"

Cons: "Squeaks and rattles, esp cold weather, dash buzzes"

"Large enough to carry lots of cargo, 5 adults easily, very good mileage, excellent feedback via gauges to help and inform, standard stereo very good, dash lights could be brighter, but are adequate. Comfy seats, driver's seat has adjustable height. Installed a block heater - would like to see them come standard for northern states (USA). Overall, very pleased with the car. 52.7 mpg average to date."

2007 Prius touring, bought new have 135,000 miles

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "great gas milage, dependable"

Cons: "Kinda ugly but it grows on you... lol..."

"I have never driven a car with that many miles... it is so dependable. We have only had to do routine maintenance. never had a break down... changed tires a few times, changed the oil and have always used synthetic oil, our Prius is like a Timex watch..."Keeps on ticking". we are getting ready to purchase a 2012 model and will hang onto our 2007 model. I was leary about buying a Prius even though I have had good luck with Toyota's dependability... The Prius has not let us down."

Best car I've had.

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, absolutley great gas milage."

Cons: "None the first 25k miles."

"When looking for a new car in the Summer of 2009, I thought I'd replace the Honda Accord we had with another Accord. The wife asked to at least look around. Glad I did. We ended up buying a 2010 Prius II. It's a great car. Pleasure to drive in the city or highway. Plenty of power for quick acceleration when needed. Instrument panel gives multiple views, including real time gas mileage, if you want to show it. Bluetooth sync makes iPhone phone and music easily available. Plenty of room for our family of 4, rear seat can fit 3 across when needed. Ample cargo area, and with the back seats stowed, enormous cargo area. All these pluses, and then there's the gas mileage! Yes, it really does get 50 mpg highway and mid forties in the city. Only needs 10 gal to fill tank (12 gal capacity) for 400 mile range. It's a great car. Glad I listened to the wife!"

Noisy

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Can get 50+ mpg on a good day."

Cons: "Loud tire bounce, MPG is lower in the winter"

"Too much road noise from tire bounce. MPG is lower in the winer (40 to 45 MPG). I love technology and this car connects to my cell phone and streams music from my iPod via Bluetooth or USB. The Prius 2 doesn't include a GPS but it has a touch screen radio. With the USB connection that song title and album cover is displayed on the touch screen. The instrument panel displays an icon of the car and shows the flow of electrical current as you drive. The 2012 Prius 2 doesn't include a backup camera but I was able to install an aftermarket camera. The wiring harness was under the headliner and the camera cable was a short distance from the rear hatch. The camera cost me $20 and probably would cost Toyota less than $5, why didn't they just include the camera? On a 300 mile trip from Chicago to Dayton Ohio, it got 53 MPG."

Prius is everything they say it is

By on Friday, December 02, 2011

Pros: "mileage (of course), NAV system, braking, handling"

Cons: "seats, rear view"

"Great car. Own it for 2 years and 30000 miles. Mileage is consistently at 50 mpg and often exceeds that number on long trips. Car actually teaches you how to drive economically. The car is reliable and fun to drive. We bought the 2010 with Nav and the moon roof. Love it! Car is not perfect. Front seats are a bit soft at the edges and the rear view in the hatchback (unlike the new Prius V) is not the best. Low profile often produces scratches when parking along curbs. But these are small potatoes compared to the advantages. Handling is great. Fairly quiet ride. Braking exceptional. Hates the service bay! Buy one."