2014 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,212 - $28,384.

10/7.9

Based on 372 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

The Prius is a fantastic value

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, super quiet, very reliable."

Cons: "Not the largest car out there for hauling supplies"

"With gas going up constantly, the Prius is a great car for gas mileage and comfort. While not a large car, the Prius rides well, is super quiet and we are still paying less than $100/month in gas. We've only had minor repair issues (lights, sensor) which were covered under warranty. We love it."

Great car

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pros: "mileage, comfort, room, visibility"

Cons: "front storage and cup holder placement"

"I LOVE my Prius! It is very responsive in driving, and turns on a dime. Can adjust seat to sit up higher, so you can see when next to, or in back of, smaller SUV's, which I like. Couldn't do that in my old corolla. Fits into parking spaces easily, but seems very roomy inside. I like the hatchback design because it is easy to get groceries in/out. Gas mileage can't be beat, as I trimmed my gas usage in half from my corolla! Spend about $65-$70 per month, while I was topping $130 in the corolla. While it doesn't have a lot of zoom, it has enough to get into traffic, and if you do like to push the gas pedal to the metal, you will pay for it in lower mileage, which you can see at a glance how much you are using. Helps keep my foot lighter on the pedal!"

Best car I ever had.

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

Pros: "Great mpg and spae as a full size car."

Cons: "Terrible GPS; insufficient fr seat storage."

"Insufficient front seat storage compartments. "Big Brother"devices on navigation and bluetooth. Even the front passenger has no access to phone funcions and GPS destinations, POI, etc. Power outlets are shut down when engine is shut down.. The CD provided for the GPS is at least 5 years old and out of date on roads and POI's. They updated this one year after I purchased the car the cost is higher than a new Garmin. Routing is frequently not always the best."

Smart Investment

By on Sunday, February 20, 2011

"After much research and deliberation, and encouraged by Toyota's incentives, we've decided to invest into a new Prius. We got it in August 2010. We got the base (II) model, and its equipment is perfectly adequate and cool. Shuttling kids around translates to an average daily commute of 65 or so miles for us. Since purchase, average fuel economy has been 51 MPG. On cold days, it's lower. On warm days, 57 MPG easily. One does not purchase a hybrid to save money, as similarly equipped Corolla or Mazda 3 would be thousands less. However, savings in gas are most welcome. Performance is adequate, and actually quite good in the POWER mode. It is very entertaining to drive it in EV mode, and still manage to keep up with urban traffic. ECO mode is annoying, as throttle response is non-perceptible and somwhat unpredictable. The only negative comments are poor FM reception and interior rattles. Toyota service "tightened up the antenna" and replaced a cup holder; neither of these actions really helped much. Overall, we are delighted with the Prius, particularly the gas mileage."

Low cost,reliable,smooth,++cargo space,versatile

By on Saturday, May 09, 2015

Pros: "Driving range, keyless start, solar technology"

Cons: "Poor ground clearance"

"I LOVE my PRIUS IV! It can seat 5 or with the back seats down using the hatchback, I can pack it to the ceiling like a truck! Beyond the 50 mpg, it drives so smoothly, has all the conveniences of keyless entry, keyless start, bluetooth, & that great solar powered cabin temp control fan for when it's parked in the sun on a hot day-all of which make me feel very spoiled or privileged compared drivers of other more ordinary cars on the road. If those other drivers only knew how cost efficient and high tech 'cozy' my Prius is they'd sure reconsider their plane-jane gas guzzlers!"