• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,173 - $27,132.

10/8.0

Based on 298 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

I LOVE MY 2010 PRIUS III!!!!

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "fuel economy, fun to drive, technology package..."

Cons: "NONE!"

"When I bought the car my expectations were low. I bought it for the fuel economy. While the fuel economy has not disappointed me, the car is so much better than I expected. It is actually pretty zippy when you need it to be. It is extremely comfortable. It is absolutely reliable. I highly recommend the navigation package. I feel very safe in this car since it can always get me home, no matter how lost i get. And it has personality to spare. I owned 2 Audis prior to my Prius and while both the Audi A4 and A6 are amazing cars the balance of economy and creature comforts in the Prius can't be be beat. And I feel like I am being good to the planet. The Prius has performed well in a New England winter too. The gas mileage went down to about 46 mpg in the cold with the snow tires but I felt no appreciable difference in handling on ice from my Audi with AWD. And 46 mpg as opposed to the 18 mpg I got in my A6 was great!"

great car

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "comfortable and rides nice. Softex seats are great"

Cons: "no cons"

"fun car to drive.handles well on snow and ice. comfortable ride . Heats up fast in cold wx. Interior noise is virtually absent. MPG overall in extreme cold wx {below zero}has been 35.6 mpg. power for pickup in needed situations is sufficient so not a factor as some seem to think. softex seats are great and comforable for those long trips. Goor vehicle to own. Some expected engine noise at high acceleration but thats expected with a 4 cyl."

Great gas mileage with many features

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, lots of features"

Cons: "Entune could be better"

"I have owned a Prius 3 for 8 months and have driven almost 14,000 miles in that time, driving 6,600 in the first 8 weeks. Most of the time I averaged a little over 50 mpg with the following exceptions: on a 3,500 mile round trip from NY to FL I got 45 mpg (a lot of 80-90 mph highway speeds) and have gotten around 45 mpg most of the winter in upstate NY. One of the reasons I bought the Prius when I did was in anticipation of a trip to Florida, so I could take advantage of the fuel savings cost. I must admit that I am still fascinated by the dashboard and enjoy trying to maximize my mileage by paying attention to the gas mileage indicator. The gas mileage is certainly the biggest reason to buy this car. I just figured out this week how to program the starter so that I could unlock the front passenger side door by touching the handle. Besides the gas mileage, my 2nd favorite feature of this car is the keyless start. I love just having to hit the start button instead of using the key. I just wish I could buy a couple extra keys without paying about $300 apiece for them. I do like the solar sunroof, but think I need to check the owner's manual to maximize its efficiency. I will most likely add a remote car starter and possibly electric seats for the cold NY winters I live in. This car is not particularly good in the snow, so I may have to invest in some winter tires for next year. In the meantime, I just drive my SUV when the roads are bad. I do like the backup camera. I was psyched for Entune, but there are a lot of things I don't like about it. I wish that I could use the keypad to type when not in park, but it is disabled as a safety feature. Honestly, sometimes the passenger would find it handy to use while someone else is driving. It can't always find places I am looking for and the map won't automatically change from daytime to nighttime mode. I do like that it tells me when I have a text message and will read them to me. I find the regular beam headlights don't illuminate the road as I would like. I asked the service department to check it out, but they said they were set correctly. I wish I had fog lights to help show the road more. I like the different shifter. I find it hard to get it into Neutral and Brake Assist though."

Eye-popping MPG in a cool, hi-tech package

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "Crazy MPG, cool tech, Toyota reliability (I hope)"

Cons: "soft acceleration, flimsy doors"

"My long commute made a new car necessary. This Prius Plug-In was about 7-8K more than a conventional Prius, but I get way better MPG, a tax break, and I can drive in the carpool lane solo. There are a lot of efficiency displays, and I'll admit that it's like a slightly addictive video game to try to keep the Prius in the most efficient zone. Then you get a payoff when you turn off the car and see that you've gotten 80+ MPG!! Even the base-level PlugIn has all the extras: touchscreen with Navi, heated seats, bluetooth integration to cell and iPod, backup camera, push-button start, "smart" key that stays in your pocket. It's surprisingly roomy (I'm 6' 3") and can even fit my teenager and a friend in the back. Charging is easier than I had thought. I plug it into a regular outlet in my garage ("just like a hairdryer," according to my wife) and I get about 13 miles of all-electric driving in about 3 hours. At my office, we have a 220 charging station and that gives a full charge in 90 minutes. A few cons: * Acceleration is leisurely, although there's a "power" mode than gives you a boost for onramps and passing power. * The doors and gas tank feel chintzy. Even if you don't mean to slam the door, you worry you might get a dent! * On the pricy side. It'll take a lot of gas (even at $4 a gallon) to make up the difference. But overall, I LOVE IT!!"

Jealous of my wife's Prius

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "most futuristic, luxury, hybrid ever built"

Cons: "NAV system is not that great"

"I owned a RAV4 2009 6 Limited leather. My wife bought a 2012 Prius 2. Every time I'd get in her car I'd see how many miles she had left to empty. 430, 390, and then her mpg were like 47. I was working to get 23 in the RAV. When we went on vacation I realized there wasn't much difference in the room either between the two. So I traded my RAV in for Prius 4. I love it. I love the quiet, the MPG's, the interior, the room, who cares if gas goes to $5 a gallon? It is quick off the gun and there is power to spare on the highway. It's not a muscle car, it's not a luxury car, it's not a truck. It's the best, most futuristic, luxury, hybrid ever built. My last two tanks were over 52 mpg."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25